• Making the Superbowl

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Winning the Superbowl

Votes: 100 75.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Are you guys only going to be happy with a Superbowl win or is the fact that we made the play offs enough for a succesful season?

Looking at our situation this year I'll be happy with making the divisional round. There was lots of drama, we lost our new star TE and our running game is in shambles. I think we have a good shot at SB50 but I wouldn't be too upset if we didn't make it.

Sac

Reaction score
We've gotten to the point where anything less than a ring can't be considered successful. Especially in a year we didn't even win our own division.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3rt0qjc5 said:
Are you guys only going to be happy with a Superbowl win or is the fact that we made the play offs enough for a succesful season?

Looking at our situation this year I'll be happy with making the divisional round. There was lots of drama, we lost our new star TE and our running game is in shambles. I think we have a good shot at SB50 but I wouldn't be too upset if we didn't make it.

Superbowl or BUST...

How exactly is our running game in shambles? It seems as if they are doing alright.

Msfann

Reaction score
Them getting to the super bowl is cool, but not nearly as cool as winning it!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The ultimate goal is winning a Super Bowl. But you can't look at any season in a completely dichotomous way. Developing young talent is something to be proud of for the team and coaching staff. Making the playoffs is something to be proud. Being competitive in every game is something to be proud of. Winning a playoff game is something to be proud. Contending for your 3rd consecutive Super Bowl is something to be proud of. Those are things you can build on to eventually reach your ultimate goal.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Losing in the wildcard is enough. Of course I would prefer a super bowl win, but I will be proud of our guys no matter what happens.

OP
OP
Overseasfan

Overseasfan

Reaction score
LeaveLynchAlone":tvo4b59i said:
Overseasfan":tvo4b59i said:

Superbowl or BUST...

How exactly is our running game in shambles? It seems as if they are doing alright.
When you lose your leading running back for most of the season and then later his back up for the rest of the season, you have a bit of a problem. Christine Michael is doing alright but he can't really carry the team like Rawls or Lynch could.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1hq893bl said:
LeaveLynchAlone":1hq893bl said:
Overseasfan":1hq893bl said:

Superbowl or BUST...

When you lose your leading running back for most of the season and then later his back up for the rest of the season, you have a bit of a problem. Christine Michael is doing alright but he can't really carry the team like Rawls or Lynch could.

Wow, negative aren't we overseas?

Seems to me it's early yet and wait and see is a more realistic response. Maybe you're right, but maybe not as the rbbc group got it done for 180+ yes last Sunday.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I think as talented as this team is, that winning in the playoffs is the least we can expect. In fact, getting at least to a winning record (2-1) in the playoffs could reasonably be expected. Anything less would be a disappointment, but anything more, considering how we got here and what we've lost in the process, would be extra.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Splitting the reps between 3 people and one of them was close to 100yds still. I think our Oline is finally clicking so the running game is going strong even without our best RBs. If Wilson keeps playing this way, our offense keeps clicking and we can get beast back healthy, i don't see why this team cant be even better than the past few seahawks teams in the playoffs. I think that's absolutely a superbowl or bust mentality with how this teams playing and the potential to only get better. That being said, i wouldn't call this season a failure if they dont make it to or win the superbowl. They fought like hell to get to where they're at, this teams done more than enough to make us proud this season. But they have potential for SOOOOOO much more still to come. Go Hawks!!!

kjreid

Reaction score
Enough? I would call it a very successful season when we make the NFL Championship Game. Icing on the cake is when we win it all.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The title of this thread reminds me of that Gil Scott-Heron song:
[youtube]BNhV2XyLBqI[/youtube]

Russell Wilson turned 27 years old last month and is playing like the best player in the league.
Doug Baldwin is 27.
Richard Sherman is 27.
Kam Chancellor is 27.
Earl Thomas is 26.
K.J. Wright is 26.
Bobby Wagner is 25.
Justin Britt, Patrick Lewis, and Garry Gilliam are 24.
Tyler Lockett is 23.
Frank Clark is 22.
Thomas Rawls is 22.
All these players are signed to contracts that continue for the next several years. Well, except for Patrick Lewis, who will be an RFA next year if he is not given a big extension. Kam Chancellor's contract goes through 2017, but his situation is also a little grey due to his holdout. Bennett/Avril are also locked up through 2017.

In the words of Gil Scott-Heron, "When in the hell is enough?" 64-year-old Pete Carroll looks and acts like he is in his early 50s, so why shouldn't we expect him to want to coach his way into history for the next six years at least? Tom Coughlin will turn 70 if he coaches next season, so why not? Our Super Bowl "window" might as well have been crafted by Frank Lloyd Wright. It is vast and spectacular.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Running game is in shambles??? What?
They just had over 180 yards rushing with 3rd and 4th string guys. They are the #2 Rushing team in football
And with Lynch missing quite a bit of time. :?

They are averaging 147.4 yards a game, that's 2nd only to Buffalo at 148.8.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
It's the SB, period. This team has still got almost all the talent it had in its last two SB runs (and in some areas, even more talent). They're on fire right now, and they just clinched a playoff spot. Once you're in the postseason, anything can happen, so why not expect this team to keep playing well and win it all?

I guess the way I'll phrase it is that the Seahawks are a SB-caliber team, regardless of the early season struggles. While I'll always be proud of how they have turned it around and secured a postseason berth, going one-and-done would feel like a massive letdown. Losing in the divisional round would be damn near as bad, since any team we face will be one we've faced at least once before (and I can't see us making the same mistakes as we had in the earlier losses). And losing in the conference championship is no better, because then you're SO close to the SB.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I will be disappointed if they lose any of the playoff games. But it won't last very long. No matter the outcome I will be excited for next season. I don't expect to have the growing pains we experienced this year on Offense or Defense. Regardless of how we finish this year, next year we are going to rip through the league.

Latest posts