What is harvins trade value at this point

Jville

Reaction score
gocougs789":3cuma4t7 said:
With Wilson, Thomas and Sherman's contacts coming due and his injury problems is it feasible to unload him and his contract? We resign Tate who is a poor mans harvin and never gets hurt the. Try to draft a we to replace rice.

I'm sure I'll get shredded for this but the three mentioned above are the core to this team and we've gone 10-1 with harvin only playing 15 plays of one game...

LOL ...... Visualize a wealthy Golden Tate in a Viking uniform along with Sidney Rice returning to Minnesota at a reduced rate ... after contract termination. No draft picks required.

Laloosh

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":259b1gf4 said:
gocougs789":259b1gf4 said:
MidwestHawker":259b1gf4 said:
gocougs789":259b1gf4 said:
I'm sure I'll get shredded for this

When this is the thought you have while making a post, it's time to reconsider making that post.

If you could only have 3 of Thomas, Harvin, Wilson, and Sherman(which is likely in the near future) who are you picking?

Not sure. Have to see more from Harvin in our system before making that determination.

Though I'm guessing that keeping all four is at least possible, as I doubt they made the move for Harvin while being totally blind to the other looming contracts they would have to re-up.

I think it's pretty obvious how PC feels about Harvin. He gave up a lot to get him and he's trying to show a lot of patience because he wants to see him healthy.

Given an ultimatum, I have a feeling you might see Sherman packing his bags. ETIII and RW are irreplaceable imo. They just do so much more for their respective squads. Lockdown corner Sherm may be, but he doesn't put an umbrella on that defense like Earl does.

Harvin is just SO physically talented I don't see PC letting him go w/out the writing being on the wall that Harvin will never get healthy. People forget that he's still very young (25, right?).

People tend to grow up a bit as they get older ;)

OP
OP
G

gocougs789

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":nfqh00lq said:
MidwestHawker":nfqh00lq said:
Not sure. Have to see more from Harvin in our system before making that determination.

Though I'm guessing that keeping all four is at least possible, as I doubt they made the move for Harvin while being totally blind to the other looming contracts they would have to re-up.

I think it's pretty obvious how PC feels about Harvin. He gave up a lot to get him and he's trying to show a lot of patience because he wants to see him healthy.

Given an ultimatum, I have a feeling you might see Sherman packing his bags. ETIII and RW are irreplaceable imo. They just do so much more for their respective squads. Lockdown corner Sherm may be, but he doesn't put an umbrella on that defense like Earl does.

Harvin is just SO physically talented I don't see PC letting him go w/out the writing being on the wall that Harvin will never get healthy. People forget that he's still very young (25, right?).

[/quote]

I can't see letting Sherman walk...he is the one piece of our CB crew that's got a future at this point. He gives Earl Thomas more freedom to be awesome.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Johnny":234ktv8l said:
MidwestHawker":234ktv8l said:

GULP!

I sure hope Pete & John don't think that way... :pukeface:

That's true; we probably want them to be overly emotional and hyper-reactionary.

The point is that trading Harvin right now is entirely unrealistic, and that by the time we need to make a decision on potentially letting one of those four leave we'll have seen a lot more of him (or not, in which case yes the decision would be easy...but more likely than not, we will have).

Laloosh

Reaction score
gocougs789":1scw68uz said:
E.C. Laloosh":1scw68uz said:
MidwestHawker":1scw68uz said:

I can't see letting Sherman walk...he is the one piece of our CB crew that's got a future at this point. He gives Earl Thomas more freedom to be awesome.[/quote]

I was simply responding given the constraints mentioned. So you're saying you'd let ETIII go and keep Sherm?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It appears we are upside down in Harvin so to speak. There is no lemon law in the NFL is there?

OP
OP
G

gocougs789

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1e1rksky said:
gocougs789":1e1rksky said:
E.C. Laloosh":1e1rksky said:
MidwestHawker":1e1rksky said:

I can't see letting Sherman walk...he is the one piece of our CB crew that's got a future at this point. He gives Earl Thomas more freedom to be awesome.

I was simply responding given the constraints mentioned. So you're saying you'd let ETIII go and keep Sherm?[/quote]

No I'd keep Thomas, Sherman and Wilson at all costs. They are the untouchables on the roster at this point and their contracts are due soon. I don't know if I could choose between Thomas and Sherman.

OP
OP
G

gocougs789

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ds7qcx3 said:
It appears we are upside down in Harvin so to speak. There is no lemon law in the NFL is there?

At least it's not as bad as MLB contracts

cover-2

Reaction score
At this point, with hindsight being 20/20, I wouldn't make that trade. I would have drafted WR Cordarrelle Patterson in 2013 draft and I would have a 3rd round pick this year to get a player like Georgia TE Arthur Lynch or Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz.

HawkWow

Reaction score
There's no question, you go Sherman, Thomas and Wilson, but we will likely have Harvin as well. At least on the books. What we could get in trade wouldn't be worth the risk of him magically getting healthy and performing for someone else. That would only make matters worse. All we can do now is move on without him and hope for him to one day get healthy.

chris98251

Reaction score
You can't trade Harvin now anyway, also by next pre season he will be healthy and once cleared a bigger asset, so OP's post is irrelevent.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's preposterous to think about trading him. We just have to keep plugging along and hope that one day, he'll be able to contribute for more than a game or two.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
What's Russell Wilsons trade value? He's only managed one post season victory, he's too short and that rookie contract won't last forever! Seriously, who gives a crap? The Seahawks are not going to trade Percy (or Russell). Apologies to the OP, but I find Harvin's "trade value" as irrelevant a topic as RWs trade value.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":4s37pl3k said:
What's Russell Wilsons trade value? He's only managed one post season victory, he's too short and that rookie contract won't last forever! Seriously, who gives a crap? The Seahawks are not going to trade Percy (or Russell). Apologies to the OP, but I find Harvin's "trade value" as irrelevant a topic as RWs trade value.

If you have to apologize you probably shouldn't have said it.

Reality is clear. This place is becoming less and less about community everyday and more and more about arguing.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I can only assume that those of you living in an instant gratification society either haven't read the whole thread or just lack a capacity for shame in general.