What kind of Production are you expecting from Jimmy Graham?

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Because this will likely get bumped somewhere down the road, I'm going for precision.
67/913/11 (regular season)

rain7

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1owq6y1r said:
600 yards, 8 touchdowns.

Much more realistic. He's had more than 11tds exactly once in his career in a *very* pass happy scheme.

original poster

Reaction score
I think the stat I'm most looking forward to is FG's in the red zone in 2014 vs FG's in the red zone in 2015. That stat is going to drop significantly I'd imagine! Same applies for 3rd down conversions.

Just think of all those 3 points turning into 7, It's hard not to imagine anything other than a Superbowl return.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If IMJimmy shows up to the first practice with out already having a season ending injury he will be ahead of the Percy trade. So first of all I'm just hoping he shows up, participates, and buys in to what our team is about. If he does that and is willing to really work with Russ he could actually get some good numbers. 600 yards 11 TDs.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
ZagHawk":332q8vph said:
0. O-Line was bad to begin with, lose Max and Carp and add in a TE who can't block. What good is he going to be in this system?
Ahhhh, he'll catch passes thrown to him.

Last year Seattle passed the ball 454 times (46%) and ran the ball 525 times (54%)... and I'm guessing that some of those runs were called pass plays that Russell chose to run because he didn't have an open receiver. In 2015, I expect that we'll be closer to 50/50.

Barring injury, Graham should be the beneficiary of 100 of those throws... and will catch roughly 70 passes/year.

NINEster

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2dz42mpt said:
I'm going with 75 catches, 1000 yards and 10 TDs in the regular season.

All realistic imo.

Last year, Richardson had 29, Harvin 22, Helfet 12, Moeaki 8, and Zach 6, That totals 77 that I could see most all of them going to Graham.

Notice that I didn't take Luke's 22 catches and allocate them to Graham.

And that I don't expect the Hawks to change their Run:pass ratio by much.

I see that Graham's best year in New Orleans was 99 catches for 1310 yards, 11 TDs in 2011. The year the Saints offense was a ridiculous scoring machine.

To expect 75% of the receptions and yardage from the Seahawk offense is not realistic when you compare the run/pass ratios, supporting cast and QBs. Also the Saints threw the ball so much that having Graham on the field was never a tip off for run/pass like it could be in Seattle where he's a subpar run blocker.

Jimmy Graham fits into the Seahawk offense well in the way that jump balls are both his and Wilson's MO. I'll give you that.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
He'd surpass my expectations by playing in >25% of our games. I expect the worst so yeah.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
NINEster":27qhpmlb said:
onanygivensunday":27qhpmlb said:

All realistic imo.

Last year, Richardson had 29, Harvin 22, Helfet 12, Moeaki 8, and Zach 6, That totals 77 that I could see most all of them going to Graham.

I see that Graham's best year in New Orleans was 99 catches for 1310 yards, 11 TDs in 2011. The year the Saints offense was a ridiculous scoring machine.

To expect 75% of the receptions and yardage from the Seahawk offense is not realistic when you compare the run/pass ratios, supporting cast and QBs. Also the Saints threw the ball so much that having Graham on the field was never a tip off for run/pass like it could be in Seattle where he's a subpar run blocker.

Jimmy Graham fits into the Seahawk offense well in the way that jump balls are both his and Wilson's MO. I'll give you that.

Again though, think about it on a per game basis. 75 catches is just under 5 catches per game. I don't think that's unrealistic, even in this offense:

Think of how many more 3rd down conversions we make, creating more offense, more offensive plays, more passes. How many more scrambles (runs that were called passes) that actually become passes?

I think it's fair to assume Russell has 500+ attempts this year, which is 50 more than 2014. That's 31 attempts per game...at a 63% completion clip (2013, 2014 figure, which is likely to raise this year with Graham) that's ~20 completions, per game. Do you really believe that 75 catches is unrealistic at 5 catches per game?

When looked at holistically- the extended drives, the red-zone playbook, the scramble throws instead of runs, the higher completion % possibilities- I'm not saying its a no-brainer to get to 75...but it sure is realistic to me.

original poster

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2n2na6f6 said:
NINEster":2n2na6f6 said:
onanygivensunday":2n2na6f6 said:

All realistic imo.

Again though, think about it on a per game basis. 75 catches is just under 5 catches per game. I don't think that's unrealistic, even in this offense:

Think of how many more 3rd down conversions we make, creating more offense, more offensive plays, more passes. How many more scrambles (runs that were called passes) that actually become passes?

I think it's fair to assume Russell has 500+ attempts this year, which is 50 more than 2014. That's 31 attempts per game...at a 63% completion clip (2013, 2014 figure, which is likely to raise this year with Graham) that's ~20 completions, per game. Do you really believe that 75 catches is unrealistic at 5 catches per game?

When looked at holistically- the extended drives, the red-zone playbook, the scramble throws instead of runs, the higher completion % possibilities- I'm not saying its a no-brainer to get to 75...but it sure is realistic to me.

Thanks for breaking it down with specific facts, you're right...5 completions to him out of 20 is very, very realistic.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Yeah, 4-5 balls a game average sound about right. That would put him in the 64-80 range for reception and I would say around 11 yards per catch. I think he will break 10TDs though. Take a couple away from Marshawn and put a couple on the board that wouldn't have happened.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Wenhawk":39fyhmjj said:
SeahawksBMX":39fyhmjj said:
Because this will likely get bumped somewhere down the road, I'm going for precision.
67/913/11 (regular season)
66/912/10

Bob Barker has taught you well, young Wenhawk.
(Yeah, I know that by TPIR "over" rules we'd both be screwed unless you nail it!)

seahawks08

Reaction score
He will have more catches in road games than home. I think RW passer rating is higher on away games. I am expecting around 40 catches and 7 TDs. Being double covered I think Baldwin will benefit from it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
After the Percy failure. I'm going to keep my expectations low. Will hope for the best, but last time I checked the Hawks haven't exactly hit the bank on any of their big FA acquisitions/Trades. Rice, Miller and Percy all come here with high expectations and became a shell of their former self and/or injury bug. So again low expectations, high hopes, but low expectations. PLEASE OH GOD JIMMY PROVE ME WRONG! Who knows maybe he'll be like Marshawn that's the only recent trade/pick up I can think of that really worked.

Largent80

Reaction score
Part of the equasion is Bevell.

How will he use him?...Obviously seam routes. We won't see jet sweeps that's for sure.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Same as everyone else. I expect him to do his part holding up the Lombardi in Santa Clara next year.