What kind of Production are you expecting from Jimmy Graham?

byau

Reaction score
Remember the buzz about Kam almost blocking the FG against Carolina in the playoffs?

He came from the kicker's right side so the kicker shanked it to the left and it went wide (but they called interference)

Anyway... you gotta figure with his basketball background JG can do the same thing .. imagine him coming from the other side.

wooowee wouldn't that be fun to see JG and Kam on field goal special teams :)

animated gif:

giphy.gif

youtube

[youtube]c1CsrINMUUg[/youtube]

firebee

Reaction score
I'm not expecting huge numbers from Graham.... 60 receptions for 800 yards receiving - about 12 TDs. If we go much beyond that, I think we'll be getting outside of what this offense does best. I'm hoping that Cable can round out Graham on run blocking and make him a more versatile well-rounded TE, which will really open things up for the running game. Opposing defenses can't stack the box against the run in the redzone with Graham because he's a crazy receiving threat in the endzone for Wilson, but if Cable can improve him as a run blocker... You have a juggernaut in short yardage situations. A pick your poison type of situation. You can try and stack against the run, but Graham will kill your safeties one on one. If you try to double Graham with coverage, you're giving up lanes to the run. While Graham may not put up ridiculous numbers himself, I think he'll be responsible for helping the team score an extra 15 TDs on the season as a target, decoy or run blocker.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
firebee":3j3p3k1r said:
I'm not expecting huge numbers from Graham.... 60 receptions for 800 yards receiving - about 12 TDs.

That looks pretty huge to me.

I'll go for 58 catches, 671 yards and 6TDs. He'll take some heat off other guys and we'll have three separate pass catchers surpass 500 yards, which will be nice.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":facljn3d said:
He's been averaging 85-90 catches a season. I figure he'll get 50-60 in our system. That's probably good for 7-900 yds and 10ish TD's.

Right with ya there. Conservatively, he should average about 4 points per game, which jives with your 10 TD prediction. 50-60 catches in our system also sounds about right. I'm gonna say about 600 yds because he will be bracketed.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
After 2 games Graham is on pace for 56 rec, 495 yds, 8TDs.

If he can grab 5 balls 70 yds and a td vs the bears he would be projected for 64 rec, 704 yds, 11tds

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I hope we don't force feed him today . RW and JG are not yet on the same page IMHO

kearly

Reaction score
Graham's current numbers prorated over 16 games:

75 catches, 773 yards, 11 TDs.

The yardage is a little disappointing but I think his yardage will improve as the season goes along and Wilson trusts Graham more over the middle.

There's also a chance that Seattle could fundamentally shift the way they use him as the season goes along. It should be obvious by now that he'll never be suited for the Zach Miller role, and if they ever start treating him like a WR he could put up some nice numbers.