"What made us great, is also what tore us apart"

chris98251

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":28c0gndj said:
jammerhawk":28c0gndj said:
JGreen79":28c0gndj said:
Pandion Haliaetus":28c0gndj said:
I'm not one to throw out the bandwagon card but it seems like many of us have forgotten Seahawks history before 2012.

To put a little perspective on the pre 2012 era... Pete and the gang have coached this team to 50% of the franchise's 10 win seasons.

However, according to a few the franchise is in disarray they are torn apart and the window has closed.

to them I say,, WHATEVER.

Some here fail to appreciate just how good we all have it as fans of the team.

Yeah no kidding. Too many newbies in Seattle, new Seahawk fans. I'm guessing none of them lived through the perennial 8-8 years of the 90s and us getting our ass kicked by division rivals.

Thanks to Holmgren and Carroll, we've owned the NFC West since the reorganization of the divisions.

The break down of Behring trying to make us hate the team was the worst few years here.

Jville

Reaction score
A Los Angeles Times reporter caught the city’s mixed feelings on a late afternoon ferry ride from downtown Seattle.

“I’ve got some good news and some bad news,” a voice said over the ferry loudspeaker. “The bad news is that the Seahawks are probably leaving town.”

The ferry fell silent.

“The good news is that Ken Behring is leaving town.”

The commuters erupted in cheers.

RW92

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2s2jq9jd said:
When they eventually make the 30 for 30 on the PC seahawks, that will be a chilling quote.

I hope and root and still can in my fanboy head think of a way this run will continue, but I can also very easily see how this is the beginning of the end. Or really the pass play at the superbowl was the beginning of the end I guess.

It's just kinda sad, thinking that Lynch will very likely play next year in Oakland, and that it's a definite possibility that Sherman has also played his last down in Seattle.

Im gonna have to go home tonight and watch my superbowl 48 dvd, it's much better then wasting time watching the Mariners.

I have to agree with you. If we trade Sherman for just telling the truth, albeit a critique of the coach and staff, this team
will go through a re-building phase. It will not be the same. And we will have lost a vital part of the essence of our defense.

So be it. But Pete and John will have to evaluate themselves for trying to make an example out of a great player because he happened to voice the truth about a team that is losing it's edge and mystique on defense.

I've had other posts removed by the administrator and maybe this one will be removed as well.

But I am losing interest now that one of my favorite players maybe gone. And I'll say it again if anyone needs to look at who needs trading its Pete himself, not Richard. No matter where he may go I'll remember how he played with one arm on that infamous Sunday night in Arizona. That defense; Kam with the bad knee, Earl with the torn shoulder, and Avril who had to leave with a concussion, all played like the warriors they were, and still are. They couldn't control the accident that was about to happen with 26 seconds to go. And now Richard is being held as the sacrificial lamb to send a message to everyone else, to just shut up and play; or else. What a way to build chemistry. And they call Pete a player's coach.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3loqfhcw said:
WindCityHawk":3loqfhcw said:
Besides, if he hits 10k career yards, he's a lock for the HoF, and he'd go in as, you guessed it, a Seahawk..

People keep saying and asking this question.

NFL Hall of Famers don't go in as anything. They get up on stage, put on their yellow jacket, a teammate, ex-coach or family member unveils their bust...........then they show a highlight package and then the player gives a speech.

It's not like baseball or basketball, no one declares a team to "go in as."

97.5% of Marshawn's greatest pro highlights are as a Hawk, that's all we care about, cause those are the highlights that'll be playing on his highlight reels on all the stations before and after the induction.

Fair enough. But we'll still get to say there's another Seahawk in the Hall and hang another jersey to hang in the stadium, which I'm all for.

I don't get why people are so butthurt about him wanting to go home. Behind our line, he'd probably just get hurt again anyway. It's not like he'd come back and post another 1,200 yards for us.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Eh, I'd say what tore them apart was neglecting the OL.

nash72

Reaction score
RW92":10wj2bh5 said:
But I am losing interest now that one of my favorite players maybe gone. And I'll say it again if anyone needs to look at who needs trading its Pete himself, not Richard. No matter where he may go I'll remember how he played with one arm on that infamous Sunday night in Arizona. That defense; Kam with the bad knee, Earl with the torn shoulder, and Avril who had to leave with a concussion, all played like the warriors they were, and still are. They couldn't control the accident that was about to happen with 26 seconds to go. And now Richard is being held as the sacrificial lamb to send a message to everyone else, to just shut up and play; or else. What a way to build chemistry. And they call Pete a player's coach.

Well said

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":2e5kbrzm said:
RW92":2e5kbrzm said:

Well said

Root for individual players; that seems fine.

When the individual players leave town, people who support them might follow them; that also seems fine.

:)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lynch's prime is behind him, it's not like he's a 1,200 yard back anymore. Once backs reach 30, it's downhill from there.

His loss hurts, but we've already been without him the last two seasons basically.

And this team plays their best when they're doubted. If people want to put the nail in the coffin on these guys, go ahead. Gives them more fuel.

sc85sis

Reaction score
RW92":19anwz9d said:
gowazzu02":19anwz9d said:
When they eventually make the 30 for 30 on the PC seahawks, that will be a chilling quote.

I hope and root and still can in my fanboy head think of a way this run will continue, but I can also very easily see how this is the beginning of the end. Or really the pass play at the superbowl was the beginning of the end I guess.

It's just kinda sad, thinking that Lynch will very likely play next year in Oakland, and that it's a definite possibility that Sherman has also played his last down in Seattle.

Im gonna have to go home tonight and watch my superbowl 48 dvd, it's much better then wasting time watching the Mariners.

I have to agree with you. If we trade Sherman for just telling the truth, albeit a critique of the coach and staff, this team
will go through a re-building phase. It will not be the same. And we will have lost a vital part of the essence of our defense.

So be it. But Pete and John will have to evaluate themselves for trying to make an example out of a great player because he happened to voice the truth about a team that is losing it's edge and mystique on defense.

I've had other posts removed by the administrator and maybe this one will be removed as well.

Being a "player's coach" doesn't mean you should let players walk all over you. There's a balance to be had there.

IF Richard gets traded, it will be because both Pete and John feel that's what is best for the team. And it may also be what Richard wants, if Schefter is to be believed.

AVL

Reaction score
Tore who apart? This place seems pathetic.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":13wms5p4 said:
gowazzu02":13wms5p4 said:
It's not we don't want him to be happy. We wish he would be happy here.

He was the heartbeat the "face" of our lone superbowl win. He epitomized this hawk era. Now he's moved on.

He's going to go try and win a superbowl for his hometown team before they pack up and go to Vegas. Its admirable.

I agree. The NFL and Vegas. That is gonna be crazy. Crazy good or crazy bad - who knows. It will be interesting.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RW92":36ofy9on said:
gowazzu02":36ofy9on said:

Great post.

Your words point to the fact this internal conflict has been festering for some time. This last season it was seen on both sides of the ball. A growing number of players appear to be losing confidence in Pete's system. That happens. Sad, but it's been happening to the Hawks.

Last year's training camp was a joke. The whole vibe was off. Pete was bouncing around clapping, doing his atta-boy thing, the music was blaring, but a whole lot of players were clearly not into it. You had chunky Russel Wilson making throws that lacked the zip or precision of previous seasons (was he already injured?) his then fiancee wandering around on the field with her son (clearly annoying some of the other players and coaching staff) some O-Line drills that showed what a long season it was going to be, the defense was half-hearted at best without the fiery intensity of previous years, and on and on.

Some in here warned early on in the season that Hawks didn't look good despite some wins. That something was off and we were no longer a dominant team. That played out far more accurately than the "shut up and love our team" voices in here who shouted their push back remarks.

Being a fan doesn't mean being delusional or watching a team with blind ignorant faith that all is well.

I am confident in saying posts like your are words of reason - the words of a real fan.

Keep it up.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
nash72":2ec9ljsw said:
RW92":2ec9ljsw said:

Well said

Lol sacrificial lamb? Okay. It's not like Carroll hasnt granted first or second chances for players to reign in thier attitudes.

If we are looking at Sherman last year:

1. Blaming Kelcie McCray on Sherman's own failure to get the play, blowing up on the sideline on Kris Richard/Kam afterwards.

2. The Jim Moore fiasco

3. The Darrell Bevell fiasco

4. Underlying back-handed comments about Pete, i.e. his "koombaya meetings" comments

5. Pete sticking up for Sherm, with revealing he played with a knee injury, did Sherman do anything to help negate the backlash knowing the Seahawks could lose a draft pick over it? The only thing that saved the Seahawks from a penalty was probably Le'veon Bell and the Steelers.

6. In my opinion, this one really highlights Sherman what Sherman was in a nut shell. In a post season interview, he denied what he said to Moore despite actual video/audio evidence and pushed a fake news agenda.

I can't actually believe some of you are victimizing Richard Sherman. That's unbelievable really, when his 2016 is marred with self-serving actions that was detrimental to the team.

Sherman has been always painted a villian, he reveled in that but as others have said he directed that outwards into his opponents, his naysayers, etc.

2016 for whatever reasons became a monster, and pretty much no one was safe, friend or foe.

You don't think Carroll gave him the chances to make amends, to calm the storm?

The thing is if Carroll really wanted Sherman gone, he would be. Sherman would have been traded or cut for fodder, if the brass really wanted to send a message to the team.

If they wanted to slaughter the "sacrificial lamb".

semiahmoo

Reaction score
So is Sherman gone or staying put?

I don't want to say just yet for fear of doing harm to my 99.44% accuracy rating.

That Message Board Hall of Fame is so close I can almost reach out and touch it...