What should happen to these high school football players?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2nenzojw said:
DTexHawk":2nenzojw said:
Uncle Si":2nenzojw said:
Not to be funny... but do you all have the internet in Texas?

It looks as though the story will play out as most assumed when it first occurred. Players lost their heads. The involvement of the coach is another matter, and a sad one.

The internet is one of the worst about this. Sites want to be quick to post, but provide limited info and leave out much.

Pmedic started the thread in the shack based on listening to ESPN, and they didn't give all the details, then he posts to the internet, makes assumptions, people run with those, and nobody has seen all the facts yet.

Even the school district's statement was lacking because they didn't know all the details.

Regardless, the coach should cut both players, the first one for the cheap shot, and the second player should be cut for being so slow in getting there and then for the cheap shot.

The players are done, I imagine. Suspension from team and school regardless of racial slurs or not. The rest of the story will just be interesting to follow

These guys surely won't be allowed to play again. Even if the umpire was a being racist, you have to be better than that. However, if your report has any semblance of truth there needs to be a proper investigation into the referee's character and conduct and decisions made about his future in the game as that is ultimately as big a concern, in my opinion. Unfortunately it would be near impossible to prove anything the umpire may have said so, in the event that he had said something offensive, he'll be able to carry on in a role he's not fit for. I'm obviously not saying that that is definitely what happened, it may well just be the best excuse the kids could come up with.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
http://www.wfaa.com/story/sports/dale-hansen/2015/09/08/hansen-unplugged-tackling-ref/71916866/

"Now there have been reports that official had used some racial slurs, although I find that incredibly hard to believe. He's going to give up a part-time job he obviously likes because he doesn't like Hispanic kids? Maybe, but i doubt it.

Another report says an assistant coach told them to do it. I find that a little hard to believe, too (but then a little more possible).

It's part of the American culture in sports now; we have been teaching our kids for a long time that the men and women who referee our games aren't worthy of our respect. It's bad enough we yell at the ones who are among the very best at what they do... but then we scream at the ones who give up their free time to work a Little League game, too.

And our kids have been watching."

Ozzy

Reaction score
The racial excuse seems a little fishy considering the coach said we need to get this guy for screwing us all game. So on top of the actual attack they lied attempting to paint the ref as a racist which currently because of the tensions all over the country is a very dangerous thing to do. I hate saying it but if they did lie on top of the actual physical attack I don't feel all that bad for these guys for whatever punishment comes there way. If that was my son it would of been worse at home from my end. I would of been on the field immediately.

IF a racial slur was used then I obviously change my stance, it just seems an unlikely coincidence with the coaches comments also on the table.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Next time I do something stupid, which happens quite often, I'll just say that a racial slur was used.

That way I not only will I nit be held accountable by the law, but I'll have the populous on my side as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
austinslater25":1qod1c9s said:
The racial excuse seems a little fishy considering the coach said we need to get this guy for screwing us all game. So on top of the actual attack they lied attempting to paint the ref as a racist which currently because of the tensions all over the country is a very dangerous thing to do. I hate saying it but if they did lie on top of the actual physical attack I don't feel all that bad for these guys for whatever punishment comes there way. If that was my son it would of been worse at home from my end. I would of been on the field immediately.

IF a racial slur was used then I obviously change my stance, it just seems an unlikely coincidence with the coaches comments also on the table.

The racial comment should not excuse them from their actions. It would only make the referee culpable as well.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This should absolutely be given to the authorities. This is an assault well outside the realm of the game.

Racist remarks are no excuse for violence.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":bve8vnw7 said:
austinslater25":bve8vnw7 said:

The racial comment should not excuse them from their actions. It would only make the referee culpable as well.

I agree 100% IF he actually said what they claim he said, I'm just skeptical about it. It seems like an attempt to cover up what the assistant coach said when he told the players we need to get this guy for screwing us all game. So which one was it? That's what I'm struggling with.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ref could've said a litany of racial slurs for all we know. You still can't go at him without expecting ramifications. If he did make the comments it just adds a layer to be investigated.

253hawk

Reaction score
Curious if this one will become major news. And just like Pacman Jones, he wasn't even ejected.

[youtube]FPhkIMWANR0[/youtube]

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
253hawk":2fvis2c3 said:
Curious if this one will become major news. And just like Pacman Jones, he wasn't even ejected.

[youtube]FPhkIMWANR0[/youtube]

I don't see the issue here. He obviously felt remorseful about his hand accidentally getting caught in the opponents face mask which cause the helmet to come off of his head. The player then attempted to return the helmet to his opponent who was clearly not paying attention and missed the kind gesture. I think think this is obvious in that he put his hands up to say, "my bad for missing get that."

DTexHawk

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...against-players-to-come/ar-BBnytT7?li=BBnbfcL

Update on coach:

"According to the attorney’s office, Breed turned himself in to Marble Falls police on Dec. 14 and plead guilty that day. Breed was sentenced to 12 months in county jail and a $3,500 fine but the sentence was suspended and he placed on probation for 18 months and will be required to permanently surrender his Texas Teaching Certificate, complete an anger management program, perform 120 hours community service, and pay restitution to Woods.

The Attorney’s Office said charges against the two players — Michael Moreno and Victor Rojas — are expected to be filed shortly. The statement said assault and aggravated assault are under consideration. Because Moreno is older than 17, any charges will be handled by the adult criminal system. Misdemeanor or felony charges against Rojas would be held in juvenile court."

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1cmws81i said:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...against-players-to-come/ar-BBnytT7?li=BBnbfcL

Update on coach:

"According to the attorney’s office, Breed turned himself in to Marble Falls police on Dec. 14 and plead guilty that day. Breed was sentenced to 12 months in county jail and a $3,500 fine but the sentence was suspended and he placed on probation for 18 months and will be required to permanently surrender his Texas Teaching Certificate, complete an anger management program, perform 120 hours community service, and pay restitution to Woods.

The Attorney’s Office said charges against the two players — Michael Moreno and Victor Rojas — are expected to be filed shortly. The statement said assault and aggravated assault are under consideration. Because Moreno is older than 17, any charges will be handled by the adult criminal system. Misdemeanor or felony charges against Rojas would be held in juvenile court."

Thanks for the update. Sounds like an A Few Good Men situation. Did you order the code red? God damn right i ordered the Code red!! Will be interesting to see what happens to the kids.