Reaction score
It's just comedy at this point.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/576082353308590080[/tweet]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DavidSeven":d8ezf7bd said:

He is 34 and missed 7 games last year. It's not THAT crazy.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Landing Murry would be pretty big for their offense. Ryan Mathews agreed to a deal with them, but I guess he hasn't "signed" yet. So they would have Murry, Mathews and Sproles at running back. If I was a gm I would be looking at Philadelphia's roster and thinking, "hmmm, who do I want. Chip is crazy. I bet I can trade a guy from our practice squad for one of their starters."

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1wdnqi3i said:
DavidSeven":1wdnqi3i said:

He is 34 and missed 7 games last year. It's not THAT crazy.

True, but 1st-Team All-Pro in 2013, played well last year, reasonable cap hits for a stud OG. Arguably the best interior linemen in the game, even with his age. Timing is weird since they just dumped a bunch of money into an RB who needs OL help. In isolation, it wouldn't seem that strange. In the aggregate, Philly is having the most bizarre off-season anyone has ever seen.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I think Chip is just doing what Parcells once asked for, buying the groceries instead of cooking with someone else's ingredients.

byau

Reaction score
Craig Patrick: "You're missing some of the best players."
Herb Brooks: "I'm not looking for the best players, Craig. I'm looking for the right ones."

I'm about 50/50 on whether he's genius or doesn't know what he's doing.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My take is Chip needs his people on offense for his system to work.

The last thing he needs is big/slow vets that don't want to practice and play way-up tempo.

Rex

Reaction score
Ramfan128":7xt09m10 said:
Pretty cool to be a Rams fan right now.

Looks like the Rams internal (fan base) debate about how good Bradford really is will be solved - lots of fans thought he was a bust, lots thought he just didn't have the talent around him/coaching.

I will say though that something is getting lost in the shuffle here...multiple teams wanted Bradford; that drove the price up. Here is what I find very interesting though...

If their injury history and contracts were similar, this would STILL be a bit of a head scratcher. But Kelly (and maybe some other coaches too) think Bradford is SO much better than Foles, that he made this trade:

Bradford (older, more injury prone, $13 million dollar contract, unproven) and 5th round pick

FOR

Foles (younger, less injury prone, $1.5 million, better production thus far) and 4th round pick, 2nd round pick next year

When I think about that, I'm wondering what we are getting in Foles, and what we are truly giving up in Bradford.

Rams needed to free up cap space and don't be surprised if Mariota doesn't go fast that Fisher and Snead trade up to get him. :th2thumbs:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Can't decide which is more entertaining this offseason. The thing that looks like a dumpster fire in Philly or the thing that is definitely a dumpster fire taking place in Santa Clara.

Either way... :lol: :lol: :lol:

- bsd RPA

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Ray Didinger was on 94 WIP in Philly this morning and dropped a bit of a nugget....he said the Jets were one of the teams in on Sam Bradford but they did NOT want Nick Foles. I still think there is an incredibly high chance Bradford is moved on draft day if Mariota falls to the Jets at 6. Browns and Jets both wanted Bradford, neither wanted Foles so the Eagles snuck in and moved Foles for Bradford knowing the teams that wanted him to gain another chip for draft day.

Worst case, say Tampa takes Mariota, then I think Chip thinks he can win with Bradford and would proceed with him but it still feels like there is a lot to happen here.

There are multiple scenarios that could make it happen and don't result in the Eagles "giving up their whole future" as many had predicted.

The fact that both Brandon Boykin & Mychal Kendricks have been mentioned to be on the trade block, that only fuels the fire a little bit more.

CPHawk

Reaction score
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015 ... murder-abc

Pretty good breakdown of what's going on in Philly. Really besides McCoy, he hasn't gotten rid of anyone I'd say is anymore than average. Getting rid of sunshine isn't any worse than Pete letting Hass walk after his first year as HC, in fact IMO Hass was a better QB that Foles ever will be.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
CPHawk":1kkwxchi said:
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/15/8217423/chip-kelly-eagles-roster-turnover-how-to-get-away-with-murder-abc

Pretty good breakdown of what's going on in Philly. Really besides McCoy, he hasn't gotten rid of anyone I'd say is anymore than average. Getting rid of sunshine isn't any worse than Pete letting Hass walk after his first year as HC, in fact IMO Hass was a better QB that Foles ever will be.

Interesting you say that....they've talked a lot in Philly about what's going on and when they liken it to previous instances, Pete Carroll is one of the names that comes up when he first arrived on scene in Seattle. The other is Jimmy Johnson and all the moves he made to take the next step with Dallas, namely the Herschel Walker trade.

The guy has a plan. Will it work? We will all find out soon enough but it does seem that the same people doubting him right now are the same ones who expected him to "Spurrier It" when he was hired, such as the biggest buffoon on the NFL Network who penned this gem the day he was hired.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-hire-of-chip-kelly-could-be-nfls-worst-ever

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1izlt05p said:
There is no room left for Chip in the middle. He is either the smartest man in football, or crazy.

As things unfolded with Chips deals i was reminded of "Mad" Mike Milbury the GM for the New York Islanders. For a decade he made so many head scratching deals that history would either mark him as genius or idiot. Turned out to be the latter. http://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-wors ... nsactions/

Shy

ringless

Reaction score
If Bradford is the starting QB, is he really going to have the conditioning for that type of offense. Will his knees hold up? The guy has made it through 2 seasons in 5 years, and now entering his 6th as unhealthy one would have to assume. I just feel like Bradford is a lot more risk than reward.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
ringless":2c19schp said:
If Bradford is the starting QB, is he really going to have the conditioning for that type of offense. Will his knees hold up? The guy has made it through 2 seasons in 5 years, and now entering his 6th as unhealthy one would have to assume. I just feel like Bradford is a lot more risk than reward.

Valid question. No one really knows. He's heading back to Philly today to continue rehabbing his knee but with it only being March and with him having pretty close to a full offseason of being in Philly's system with Chip Kelly and his "sports science" stuff, I'd say theres a good chance he will be fine.

The thing that is odd to me is what they gave up to get Bradford, not even so much Foles but more so that 2016 2nd. For a QB who is due 13M in his final year of his contract with an injury history. Bradford's market apparently was hot, there were multiple teams after him so he still holds value.

I'm just not convinced Chip Kelly looked at available QBs (FA/Draft) and said "Ok, Bradford is my guy". I still think he's used as a bartering chip on draft day. Although, if not, He did run a lot of the same quick tempo stuff at Oklahoma so he's done it and provided he's healthy, no reason that he can't get right back in there and do it again.