What will be your breaking point???

Cartire

Reaction score
byau":3dy0e7cy said:
minormillikin":3dy0e7cy said:
/slowclap for everyone saying they're such superfans that nothing could ever shake your Seahawks loyalty.

I'm with you, but you're missing the OP's point probably...

I think my "breaking point," meaning for me that my expectations for the season have detoured hard south, would be losing both of the next two games. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to squeak out some ugly wins, but losing at home to a couple not-so-great teams would be a dark omen.

Good point. Breaking point for me would be when I've given up on this season. Meaning, giving up on them winning the Super Bowl.

I'm one of those terrible romantic die-hards ... pretty much as long as there's a chance (well, a 1% chance), I haven't hit my breaking point.

g1337436914921846786.jpg

Same for me. I wont break till were mathematically eliminated. Then I will concede that this season is a bust.

Edit, People really shouldnt think "breaking point" refers to lost fanship. It means, when do you lose hope on the season? When do you call the cows home? ect ect.

Not the team in general.

canfan

Reaction score
RezHawk":fxwdr7xl said:
After living through the 90's I'm pretty sure I have no "Breaking point".

We will handle our business against the Bears next weekend and all will be right in the world again.

This :13:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Claussen is Turrrible!!! I mean awful. we will use them as a punching bag. We will get lots better next sunday

Mojambo

Reaction score
I'd say right around the time we trade Kam to the Falcons for a fourth round pick.

AVL

Reaction score
Breaking point? I'm more like " How long can I hold my breath?"

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
As a fan for 31 years, seeing 2 win teams, 4 win teams, years and years of mediocrity, teams with the worst of the worst QB's......John Friesz, Stan Gelbaugh, Rick Mirer, Dan McGwire, Gino Torretta...

There is no 'breaking point'.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
StoneCold":1iurv7c4 said:
I wouldn't call it a breaking point, but if we're not 2-2 after Lions leave town there will be cause for concern about this season. I will always be a twelve.

SC

If we are 1-3 after that stretch you can call the season as over. No way we even get in the playoffs starting out that bad and losing to either the Bears or Lions at home, especially the bears

If we lose to a Jimmy Clausen led offense....I swear...

Dude has 11 games started with 1 win, 5TD and 11INT and a QB rating of 60. If we dont limit the bears to less than 10 points I am going to be VERY dissapointed

OP
OP
W

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yg8pfdj said:
minormillikin":1yg8pfdj said:
I'm with you, but you're missing the OP's point probably...

I think my "breaking point," meaning for me that my expectations for the season have detoured hard south, would be losing both of the next two games. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to squeak out some ugly wins, but losing at home to a couple not-so-great teams would be a dark omen.

It's a poorly worded question, which is why people are taking this thread in a different direction.

Breaking point infers that we have a threshold that we'll no longer be fans? Be disappointed? Like "That's it I'm done!"

None of us would ever have a breaking point, THAT'S the answer.

Now if you want to ask at what point would I consider this a lost season or the point where I've written off 2015? If we don't make the playoffs, not a down or second before.

By breaking point I mean the point that you may just destroy personal property. I'm watching if the go 0-16 and will be at a few games. Now that I think of it, a bad season might drive ticket prices down and get the fair weather folks out of the equation.

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
The SEAHAWKS just played two of the top three hardest games of the regular season by what I see on the schedule for this year! The other game I thought could really give us some trouble WAS Dallas.
Take a nice and deep breath and let it out slow. The house is not on fire. The team has a few issues they are working on and I am seeing continual progress in each game. Seattle WILL make the playoffs. The first game this season went into over time and the G.B. game had the Seahawks with a lead in the fourth quarter. Do not panic it makes people look like what I am: a bandwagon fan :sarcasm_on: . We lost 3 out of 6 last year and 4 in the first 10 games and still make the playoffs and even made it to the S.B.!!!!! SEATTLE SEAHAWKS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!
There is no break point I will cheer for the hawks no matter how many losses!
If we are that weak that we doubt so quickly and have so little faith, Very sad! Have faith and be of good cheer for we will be in the playoffs this season!
Just remember the sky is not falling after two or three games!
Go HAWKS!

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
The first odds are out for the next game Da Bears +14 points :roll: . So they are saying Hawks will win by 14 points! The odds makers have faith! We should too :D
Roger

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Breaking point for me this season is if we lose to the Jimmy Clausen led bears. The season would be hard to come back from after this

Rob12

Reaction score
A win against the Bears. I don't care if it's by a point because that doesn't matter. But if the Bears hand us an L at home, we're done.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Regardless of record, I always focus on how we can win against our next opponent.
Thats why I cant bet on the Hawks when they're playing on the road.
My head is too cloudy with Seahawk pride.

Rocket

Reaction score
Gentlemen... there is a breaking point.
When Allen carts up the team and moves to Los Angeles and renames then to the EllAyeCounty Twinkies and the uniforms are fluffy white and yellow.
'Till that happens I am as I've been a {censored} SEAHAWKS FAN.

Enough of this whiny crap, ok? :34853_doh:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":2drlu2gm said:
For me, if we don't beat the breaks off of this Jimmy Clausen led team this weekend, at home, I'm going to lose it. And I'm not certain he didn't cut us up. We have a habit of allowing pedestrian QBs look like first ballot HOFers (Austin Davis, etc.) It always seems to be road games where it happens, but if Clausen goes 20-27 with 200 yards and a TD with no picks I'm going to puke.

You might as well start vomiting now, if that's your threshold.

This team rarely wins "pretty" or beats people like you think they should beat the way you think. Seahawks aren't the only fans to do this (I witnessed this with the Ravens fans quite a bit too), but the whole "crappy team is coming to town, big win!". When good home team barely beats bad team, people flip out.

Remember the Raiders game last year?

What about the Titans game the year before that? Or the Buccaneers game?

This isn't the only thread I've seen this expectation of winning big; many of you guys are positioning yourself for extreme disaapointment if they win.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We're Seahawks fans. We've already proven we don't break. Silly person. Silly thread.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
5 YEAR RULE.

My breaking point is a simple math problem.

All that time we were never quite able to get over the hump I just hated fans of other teams that just won Super Bowls crying like whiny little bitches about things going wrong for them the next year or two and hollering for their coaches to get fired. I always honestly believed in the 5 year rule:

If you win the Super Bowl you don't get to rant and rage and call for your coaches head on a platter for five years!

Your team is a world championship team for chrissakes! They've earned a little faith that they can right whatever is wrong if things go south a little.

My breaking point? Hell this is only year two. I'm happy as a clam.

irocdave

Reaction score
No breaking point for me.

BTW, anyone expecting a curb stomping of the inept Bears, did you know he put up 141 on the Packs D in the first game of the year? He also had a 4.1 average against a Cards D last weekend. The Hawks linebackers are average against the run, if the wide short guys don't stuff it at the LOS it will be a long day. That's the price we pay for lean, fast linebackers that are better in pass coverage then stuffing the run.

This is the NFL, there not many easy games especially when your team is dominate. We are fortunate the Hawks are still a good team, just not great right now. Welcome to the reality of the most NFL fans. People shocked that the hawks are where they are need a dose of reality, and we are getting it right now. Enjoy the ride, it doesn't last forever.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't have a breaking point, I've been a fan since day one when I was 7 years old.
I've seen more than my share of crappy Hawks football thru the years, and some great football as well, but that emotional investment I initially made as a 7 year old paid off in spades, which made winning XLVIII such a euphoric event as a 45 year old man!

Best thing of all I watched that game with most of my immediate family and inlaws, and after the screaming and hugging after the Kearse TD, my sis-I law stared at me and my brother who she said we had stunned looked on our faces. She's like "what's wrong with you jokers, the HAWKS are going to win this thing!"

At that moment we both realized it had hit us, HOLY CRAP! OUR HAWKS the team we have been rooting for since we were kids are going to be SUPER BOWL CHAMPS! My 11 year old nephew saw tears welling up in mine and my brothers eyes and his eyes started watering, I'll never forget that!

The parade was awesome even though I froze just about every body part off! The euphoria from that dominating game is by far the best HIGH I ever had in life!

I might bitch about this and that from time to time and be frustrated about coaching, play calls, and bad play at times, but I will die a Seahawks fan, and nothing can change that!