What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

McGruff

Reaction score
Scorpion05":19f9rl5s said:
Rat":19f9rl5s said:
toffee":19f9rl5s said:
And yet, some will still insist that Russ is too short, too white and merely an elite game manager. Sigh

When was the last time someone called Russell too short? 2012? I only see it as a punchline on here.

As recent as last year. When people attributed his imperfect play to his height.

I actually think it’s funny that someone can be ignored and dismissed for years, and as soon as that person does something that can’t be ignored, we want to rewrite history as if it was always obvious

That wasnt the point.

People were saying that even after the Rams game, nine would be talking about Russ.

But they were.

And they still are.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully Mahomes is ok, that looked really bad. And a dislocated knee cap is no joke. Sounds like x-ray's were negative and he could be out 3-4 weeks.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Mahomes will be ok.

Reid should be pilloried for that playcall.

I'm not sold on Watson keeping pace.

Then again, Wilson is about to run into a murderer's row of defenses.

The only thing standing in the way of his MVP, is the schedule, and the media's love of the 2 legacy QBs in the convo. I would say that this weekend's game is for the MVP, but I think the media will ignore Jackson just like they ignored Wilson for so long.

In the end I think it will come down to Wilson vs Rodgers, and Wilson will have to continue to play at his current pace to have a chance. The media will continue to make excuses for Rodgers poor play "no weapons," and praise his heroics, while ignoring Wilson toiling away efficiently with a similar lack of weapons.

Rat

Reaction score
Hard to see McCaffrey tailing off any time soon, even when Cam gets back. He basically is that offense now. I think he'll be in the race for a while.

Lamar Jackson is going crazy lately too, and the Ravens should keep winning since their division is trash. I hope we don't further his candidacy this weekend.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What the hell was Reid thinking? A QB Sneak for a guy with a bad ankle already and one of the best players in the NFL?? Next level stupid.

aawolf

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1azobryr said:
What the hell was Reid thinking? A QB Sneak for a guy with a bad ankle already and one of the best players in the NFL?? Next level stupid.

To be fair, a QB quick hit up the middle for one yard isn't the most dangerous play there is for a QB. It seems like Tom Brady does it every game and has never been injured from it. It also looks like the damage happened in the pile, which could happen on any play. Its a shame this happened even if the road for Wilson to win the MVP got easier.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Don't like the call at all, way too much can happen. And he's already playing with a really bad ankle injury. Not worth the risk.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
MVP is now RWs award to lose. So what will it take? keep balling out and do not have a game where he craps himself and basically negates all the stats with multiple INTs or something.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The biggest issue with the MVP race is often that it’s not really about who is the most valuable, despite the name of the award. It’s about who puts up stats and gets buzz on a winning team. One could argue that Russ was by far the most valuable player to his team the year he almost single-handedly accounted for the entire offensive output, yet he got little to no notice because the team had a “bad” year and he wasn’t creating crazy, fantasy football stats.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":3otu3bqn said:
Hard to see McCaffrey tailing off any time soon, even when Cam gets back. He basically is that offense now. I think he'll be in the race for a while.

Lamar Jackson is going crazy lately too, and the Ravens should keep winning since their division is trash. I hope we don't further his candidacy this weekend.

He already did last week 22/31 1,4 ypc.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Well that'll likely be the end of that, fair or not. That's fine. More interested in winning games.
Erin probably the new leader in the clubhouse. Had 5 TDs today and Packers are 6-1.
I might add that the Saints D is actually the NFL MVP so far.

Rat

Reaction score
20/41 (48.7% completions) 241 yards, 1 TD, and an ugly, ugly pick-six for a 65.2 rating.

Imagine the talk on here if Mahomes put up a stat line like that. I was told Russ wouldn't have a bad game the entire season.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":1qsinx7w said:
20/41 (48.7% completions) 241 yards, 1 TD, and an ugly, ugly pick-six for a 65.2 rating.

Imagine the talk on here if Mahomes put up a stat line like that. I was told Russ wouldn't have a bad game the entire season.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":39zve00h said:
The last time RW was brought up for the MVP conversation, he had a game or two where he played like garbage, or least NOT MVP material.

History repeats itself. Call me superstitious but let’s end the RW MVP hype

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He finally had a bad game. The media is loving it. Meh, don't care one bit if he wins it.
Just keep winning game Russ.

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hkgwrsg said:
He finally had a bad game. The media is loving it.

Who is reveling in him having a bad game? He may be overlooked sometimes, but I rarely see anyone in the media callously ripping on him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was talked about just yesterday on 710. I don't care one bit, just my opinion that some have been waiting for it. Doesn't matter, it's a select few who wait to pounce. They don't matter anyway.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rat":1dd2tymn said:

If Mahomes put up those numbers, in non-rain weather...with Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, and Andy Reid as his playcaller. And an O-line that's better even with their injuries, that would be particularly pathetic. I mean, pathetic to the point where Mahomes should never be compared to Wilson again. No one ever argued Wilson wouldn't have a bad game.

But as I said before, Wilson will have to be near perfect to win. They're already ready to prop Rodgers up as Mahomes replacement, even though Rodgers has had only one great game. People can make their arguments, but the bias is truly real

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely it was real. The same mediots who were saying Russ was clearly the front runner are now acting like he's way down on the list. Especially bozo's like Mike Florio, you would think they were the Redskins this week. Last week they were talking them up as a contender. It's entertaining to say the least. All because of one great game from Lord Rodgers. Meh, it doesn't matter, he's not going to win MVP and that's fine. Behind this pathetic O Line, it would take a lot for him to win it imo. And he played like crap on Sunday. Didn't see that coming, but this team just doesn't have the talent to make up for him even having just an ok game.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Chiefs fans have been complaining about their O-line and defense.

Our O-line pass block win rate is ranked 27th. Chiefs are ranked 19th even with injuries and better weapons

No team with a winning record has given up as many points as the Seahawks, 176 points.

The Packers are ranked #1 in pass block win rate. Packers are ranked 12 in points allowed.

So not only is Russell playing near perfect and OUT PERFORMING Mahomes and Rodgers for the season, he's also carrying way more on his shoulders and overcoming way more. So yea, people can spare me with the Russ bias. It's not close.