What would it take to miss the playoffs?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pretty sure the NFC West title is off the table.

Not that it matters. Home games are not the advantage this year they normally would be.

What would need to happen for us to miss the playoffs?

We last fired Bevell when we missed the playoffs. It feels the only way to sh-can Norton would be to miss them again.

But with the lower bar to enter the playoffs and the easier schedule remaining, it seems a difficult challenge.

What needs to happen (realistically) to miss the playoffs without something happening to a key player (ie injury etc). Is there a pathway to success that would allow us to miss it that is realistic or do we just have to accept we are stuck with Norton another year?

I don't like wasting a year of Wilson but he is already being ruined by the terrible coaching he is receiving. It might be worth it if the end result was no more Norton.

zchurch74

Reaction score
This team will not finish better then 9-7 and be the final seed in the playoffs.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I think we can still win the division. But can say bye to the first round bye.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have a pretty easy final stretch.

We probably lose either the Washington or Giants game.

But even then, can we end up worse than 9-7 realistically?

Not seeing much of a path to success based on our remaining schedule. Even if the Cards and Rams sweep us.

TypeSly

Reaction score
All it would take is more play like these last two weeks.

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm reasonably confident that the other two divisions (plus the NFC East) will not produce a single wild card.

nwHawk

Reaction score
With the "do the stretch" injury issues the Hawks have had the past 3+ seasons I think it's a very realistic possibility that this team misses the playoffs.

Poor defense
No running offense
Trouble run blocking all season
Terrible in short yardage situations
Russ playing shaky right now.

I really think, but hope not, the Vikings are hitting their stride and may bump the Hawks out. It would suck, but we are playing poorly.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I don’t think Russ will keep playing this poorly so 10-12 wins is still realistic. It’s just the crippling knowledge that this is the worst defense in the NFL and requires MVP level play every single week to squeeze out a win. It’s pretty clearly weighing on Russell at this point.

Pete needs to fire KNJ. It’s way past time to. I don’t have any faith in Pete doing it though.

nwHawk

Reaction score
9-7 feels most likely, and a possiblity of 10-6. I can't see 12 wins anymore. Just to many issues.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Truth is, we're not going to miss the playoffs (thanks to our super-soft remaining schedule). But as it stands, we're not going anywhere, unless either changes are made or our Injured players come back and make a huge difference. Before we got hit by the injury bug, our defence was still at the bottom of the league, so I'm not sure where all this optimism in our defence is coming from.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Very weak opposition left besides the two losses upcoming to the Cards and Rams. Maybe they blow it vs the Giants or Eagles? Either way they will get in but no one will give them a chance in the playoffs.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Why always the negative view, they lost to cards in ot when they had several chances to seal the win and now lose a one score game to the Rams playing without their top 2 CB and top 2 RB and starting center. The NFL is ridiculously tough, if they can find some good fortune and get healthy this squad is more than capable of splitting with both teams and running the rest of the lame teams off the field.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
nwHawk":2ou2c0jt said:
9-7 feels most likely, and a possiblity of 10-6. I can't see 12 wins anymore. Just to many issues.

What I was going to say. Given the present coaching scheme and present injury outlooks, right now I'd say the cards and rams will pull out ahead, not just on paper, but with more actual wins.

Plus or minus a game, here's how i see it.

Cards 13-3
Rams 11-5
Hawks 9-7
9ers 7-9

nwHawk

Reaction score
11-5 Rams
11-5 Cards
10-6 Hawks
6-10 49ers

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
nwHawk":19tkgwrf said:
11-5 Rams
11-5 Cards
10-6 Hawks
6-10 49ers

IDK, did you see that hail mary that kyler threw to hopkins to win over BUF? Pretty sure they are 12-4 at least material.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":37v6j0su said:
nwHawk":37v6j0su said:
11-5 Rams
11-5 Cards
10-6 Hawks
6-10 49ers

IDK, did you see that hail mary that kyler threw to hopkins to win over BUF? Pretty sure they are 12-4 at least material.

At least??

They'd have to win out to be better than 12-4

Tall order for a team that has been pretty inconsistent this year. I think 11-5/10-6 ish for them is VERY fair.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2l5jxpl1 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2l5jxpl1 said:
nwHawk":2l5jxpl1 said:
11-5 Rams
11-5 Cards
10-6 Hawks
6-10 49ers

At least??

They'd have to win out to be better than 12-4

Tall order for a team that has been pretty inconsistent this year. I think 11-5/10-6 ish for them is VERY fair.

The Bucs have a better record than anyone in the West on standings now. It's plausible the Bears could get to a competitive 10-6 as well.

So Wild Cards? Could be two 11-5s.