What's our excuse?

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":b9obgka2 said:
It has NOTHING to do with Wilson's relationship with Ciara, and it's silly to even consider that as a factor.
It also has NOTHING to do with Sherman becoming a new Daddy.
It's almost comical that some around here are making those assumptions...Almost.

Because we all know how dating, then marrying and have kids with a smoking hot super model ruined Tom Brady's career... dude could just never get it together and re-find the magic after that...

leto69

Reaction score
As with most complicated questions, the reasons are also complicated. It's not just one thing, it's many.

- Horrible O-line
- QB that's struggling behind that horrible O-line
- weakened RB core due to age and injury
- Kam's holdout
- Williams not playing as well as Maxwell
- No Lane
- No Simon for depth and competition for Williams
- Teams starting to successfully gameplan for our cover 3 scheme
- Miscommunication issues
- Inconsistency with aggressiveness and passion for the game, especially on the defensive side
- Pete's stubbornness to change in game tactics

Did I miss anything?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with all of this 100%

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1iqrasl1 said:
scutterhawk":1iqrasl1 said:
It has NOTHING to do with Wilson's relationship with Ciara, and it's silly to even consider that as a factor.
It's almost comical that some around here are making those assumptions...Almost.

Because we all know how dating, then marrying and have kids with a smoking hot super model ruined Tom Brady's career... dude could just never get it together and re-find the magic after that...

LOL Yep ^

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3s74jy6f said:
They simply don't care. No passion .... Fame/celebrity/money has killed the team

I agree. I think this has been as detrimental to the team as anything else. I have yet to see this year's team truly fired up or playing with the F You attitude that they used to embrace. That '13 team was out to prove the world they were the best and to make everyone look foolish for continually overlooking them. They played for one each other and helped each other play to their best level. That's what it took to win a title. This year's Hawks seemingly just go through the motions half the time. Never underestimate complacency.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Looks like the team is focused on the result. The Seahawks were at their best when the mentality was "You may beat us but we are going to make it as hard as possible!" They were playing loose and free; letting it all hang out. Ride or die! I'm tired of the over analyzing. I want to see the Hawks who just want to kick your ass and see what happens. i remember when teams usually lost the week after playing the Hawks. Here's to hoping we can stop trying to figure it out and just focus on punishing the other guys the rest of the way.
Forget about the past and focus on the next chance to get it done. We don't need a miracle, we just need to string a lot of basic fundamental plays together and success will follow. Less talking more ass kicking!

Crizilla

Reaction score
family, women, and money

thats the excuse

these guys have no fire under their butt anymore with something to prove. They're just not focused as much.

tooshort

Reaction score
scutterhawk":27803ri8 said:
LawlessHawk":27803ri8 said:
scutterhawk":27803ri8 said:

LOL Yep ^

On a Packers article where all those "classy" fans were bitching about Olivia Munn ruining Erin Rodgers... (Sound familiar??) Someone left this gem,

"Behind every successful quarterback is a good woman. Behind every failed quarterback is the offensive line--who are supposed to be in the front, blocking"

ZagHawk

Reaction score
No excuses. Until proven otherwise, the 2015-2016 Seahawks are a mediocre team.

Rob12

Reaction score
Lack of accountability in the coaching ranks. An undisciplined, heavily penalized team. Players that have chosen to put themselves above the team.

That's just scratching the surface. This team has deep rooted issues. It's not a question of talent. That leaves me with the two biggest factors being the coaching staff (that includes Pete) and the inevitable selfishness of some key players. This team hasn't looked like a close unit all year, but rather a collection of individuals.

Rob12

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":24fdsugl said:
3. Sherm's lack of intensity and swagger... too much time spent with his son and too little spent on football?

Not sure if serious...

If that's what is holding Sherman back, it sounds like his priorities are right where they need to be.

This place is embarrassing sometimes.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":33jok0zc said:
family, women, and money

thats the excuse

these guys have no fire under their butt anymore with something to prove. They're just not focused as much.
You and a bunch of others can go ahead and QUIT Criz.
BUT, you and they, can count me OUT as a fair weather fan, eh?

Crizilla

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3q00xyb3 said:
Crizilla":3q00xyb3 said:
family, women, and money

thats the excuse

You and a bunch of others can go ahead and QUIT Criz.
BUT, you and they, can count me OUT as a fair weather fan, eh?

what i said is most likely true though...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":o6feni8r said:
scutterhawk":o6feni8r said:

WEEEELLLLL to be fair. Brady got with Gisele then subsequently went on an 8 year Super bowl drought....... just sayin...

So if we think all situations are equal we wont win the ship again until 2023