When Stroud falls to Seattle

HawksNation

Reaction score
When Stroud is still on the board at pick 5, if you were a GM,

what are you doing?

Do you give weight to the S2?

Or do we jump on the chance of drafting QBOF who has been mocked as the first QB for months.

He Could be the steal of the draft,

He Could be a bust…

CactusJack

Reaction score
I see a team trading up to 3, to take him.

But if he's still available when we're on the clock, then you have to strongly consider it. You have to rely on the film, when you're judging these guys. His is far better than Richardson & Levis.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I have to say, that would be hard to pass on. Would sure love to know what their scouts think.

seabowl

Reaction score
If this happens and the Seahawks take him and he ends up being successful, can you imagine how upset the bronco fans are going to be?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Of the top QBs and defensive line players, my order of preference is:

Anthony Richardson
Will Anderson
CJ Stroud
Jalen Carter (I'm just starting to come back around on him)
Tyree Wilson (only if Pete is reverting back to a 4-3 base)
Will Levis

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If this happens and the Seahawks take him and he ends up being successful, can you imagine how upset the bronco fans are going to be?
I'm thinking the same thing for Anthony Richardson, Will Anderson, Jalen Carter or CJ Stroud... assuming all go on to have successful NFL careers (think multiple Pro Bowls and/or multiple All Pro awards) and we walk away with one of them come Thursday night.

One of my BiLs is a diehard Donkeys fan and was CERTAIN that the Star Wars offense 2013 Denver Broncos would win SB 48... but they didn't... they got stomped... and he gloated when Me3 was traded to his team... but that hasn't worked out for Denver either, has it?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
When Stroud is still on the board at pick 5, if you were a GM,

what are you doing?

Do you give weight to the S2?

Or do we jump on the chance of drafting QBOF who has been mocked as the first QB for months.

He Could be the steal of the draft,

He Could be a bust…
the S2 stuff was debunked by the CEO of S2

12forlife

Reaction score
I have to admit, I think I might still like the upside of Richardson.
Richardson is a freak!! I could by into him at pick #20, not #5. First how long do running QB's last in the NFL? Then his completion % is awful. Plus he didn't produce many TD's. I just believe you have to sit him atleast 2 seasons before he's even close to ready for the speed, and complicated defense in the NFL

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I get nervous about Ohio State QB's, when's the last time there was a good NFL QB from Ohio State?

I'd hope if Stroud is available, we could get a #1 for next year or a couple high picks this year to trade back and still get an impact player.

Stroud to me is a slightly better version of Geno. Tall, strong, accurate, good decision making, but ceiling is limited...........and that's fine but that's not something I can get super excited about either at 5.

And if he falls to 5? That means there are lots of other teams picking before and right after us that feel the same.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I get nervous about Ohio State QB's, when's the last time there was a good NFL QB from Ohio State?

I'd hope if Stroud is available, we could get a #1 for next year or a couple high picks this year to trade back and still get an impact player.

Stroud to me is a slightly better version of Geno. Tall, strong, accurate, good decision making, but ceiling is limited...........and that's fine but that's not something I can get super excited about either at 5.

And if he falls to 5? That means there are lots of other teams picking before and right after us that feel the same.
nah, you don't trade out of a top 5 pick

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
nah, you don't trade out of a top 5 pick

Sure you do if the players you scouted and valued as worthy of picking at 5 aren't there.

I have no idea who John and Pete value as #5 worthy, but if those guys are gone we absolutely will try to trade down. That's what good organizations and GM's do. You don't pick a player you can get at 8, or 10, etc at 5 just because you can.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Sure you do if the players you scouted and valued as worthy of picking at 5 aren't there.

I have no idea who John and Pete value as #5 worthy, but if those guys are gone we absolutely will try to trade down. That's what good organizations and GM's do. You don't pick a player you can get at 8, or 10, etc at 5 just because you can.
I agree with the premise, just not the reality. There is enough value in the top 15 prospects that they won't trade down.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think much of what we've been hearing over the last week is smoke and he'll be off the board.

Stroud is the only player I would take in this draft at #5 regardless of how good the trade down offer was. I jumped on the bandwagon after the Oregon game in week 2 of 2021 and still think he would be a great fit for this offense. Many of the criticisms are fair and I've made comparisons to Geno myself, but I think that high accuracy, good decision, playing within the structure of the offense skillset fits what we want to do here in Seattle perfectly. Jared Goff gets thrown around a lot as a negative comp, but the Rams were in the Super Bowl with Goff on a rookie contract.

It wouldn't help us that much in 2023, but our window would be open wider in the following four to seven seasons depending on how he developed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree with the premise, just not the reality. There is enough value in the top 15 prospects that they won't trade down.

Possibly. Just refuting your statement that you never trade down at 5.

My guess as to who Pete and John think are #5 worthy?

Guaranteed we're picking if available
- Young
- Anderson

Possibly picking
- Carter
- Stroud
- Richardson

Less than Excited about at 5
- Wilson
- Levis

Then there are the wildcard non position of need players but absolutely are head and shoulders above the rest talents at their position like Robinson, Skorinski and Gonzales.

So there's an entire other scenario where if the "guaranteed and possibly" guys either aren't there, or John and Pete don't feel the same as many about being #5 worthy, that we trade down and still get an impact player, AND more picks.

Chawker

Reaction score
We have to ask ourselves, win now, and draft need, or go with the luxury pick trying to build for the future. Its plain N simple luxury pick taking a QB.

But on the other hand when will be picking at 5 again ???

My faith is in Pete & John.

Cheers

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We have to ask ourselves, win now, and draft need, or go with the luxury pick trying to build for the future. Its plain N simple luxury pick taking a QB.

But on the other hand when will be picking at 5 again ???

My faith is in Pete & John.

Cheers

There's some truth to this sentiment, but only if one of these QB's is 1. available and 2. worthy of drafting at 5.

Look at who everyone got excited over at QB the past decade, and how many of those QB's stunk. Not a great batting average for wasting the #5 pick on a QB just because you have the pick to make.

I can tell you one thing, this has probably been the most exciting draft we've had in a VERY long time to debate these things. Usually we're resigned to discussing our first 2nd round pick because we traded away our 1sts or trade down and have to wait until day 2 to even talk about who we drafted.

Latest posts