When Stroud falls to Seattle

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
If Stroud is available at 5 and they pass on him, and Geno underperformed this year, are you banking on them being able to get one of the top guys next year? What's to say the top guys next year arent gone by the time it's Seattle's turn to pick?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I would absolutely take him. He will be ready next season as a starter and will be good for a long time. The S2 is a hustle.

Twenty seven of 32 teams were using s2 two years ago, and it’s probably everyone now. The nfl should just make it a measurable just like height, weight, 40 yards, hand size.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I'm blow away by this thread.

If Stroud is there at 5, I take him. I take him over any defensive player in the draft. Hell, I take him over any offensive player in this draft. Why? Because in my book, he is one of the best QB prospects in the last several years, and the financial benefit of drafting a QB, over trading for one later, is crazy.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Watching Stroud tape and realizing Marvin Harrison Jr is INCREDIBLE. This guy bails out the QB more than anyone I've ever seen. He runs near perfect routes, is able to extend plays, comes back to the QB and finds open space.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I think if Stroud falls to 5, Hawks take him. I think the main point to his weaknesses that we're all missing is that he won't be thrown into the fire day 1 as the starting QB. I think sitting a year behind Geno to learn and get coached at a pro level will do wonders for him unlike his predecessor Fields.

WarHawks

Reaction score
A year ago we were joking about "sucking for Stroud." Interesting how one's perspective shifts over time.

NoGain

Reaction score
A few years from now, just think about how wrong people are going to be in the media and on this site as to their opinions about this week's draft. LOL

Rat

Reaction score
A few years from now, just think about how wrong people are going to be in the media and on this site as to their opinions about this week's draft. LOL
The executives and scouts who get paid to research this stuff will be largely wrong too. Predicting the draft is hard.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Watching Stroud tape and realizing Marvin Harrison Jr is INCREDIBLE. This guy bails out the QB more than anyone I've ever seen. He runs near perfect routes, is able to extend plays, comes back to the QB and finds open space.
This. This has been an Ohio St thing for years. Why can't the pros (GMs, coaches, scouts) figure out if these Buckeye QBs are the real deal or if they just look good because of their super talented supporting cast? The list of highly touted OSU QBs gets longer every year. The list of OSU QBs that have gone on to be successful as QBs in the NFL doesn't even exist. The next one will be the first one. What makes Stroud any different from the rest?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
it sounds like the data on Stroud failing the S2 miserably are true based on his latest response. Not good.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
it sounds like the data on Stroud failing the S2 miserably are true based on his latest response. Not good.

Im not surprised. If you listen to what the S2 guy was saying it was clear to me he was tip toeing around answering whether the leaked scores were fake or not outright. I was confused why everyone straight up claimed he debunked them

GGotskill

Reaction score

What exactly is the S2 and how did Stroud fail it miserably? How do S2 scores relate to how well a player does on the field?

CPHawk

Reaction score
What exactly is the S2 and how did Stroud fail it miserably? How do S2 scores relate to how well a player does on the field?
That’s a great question. I’m shocked his agent didn’t have him studying for it for weeks before taking it.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You run to the podium to put your card in and draft him.

Watch the semi final game OSU against Georgia you'll be convinced.