When will Lock get chance ?

kidhawk

Reaction score
If Geno has a bad game in Detroit, when will pete make the change ?

I don't see Lock doing any better to be honest. If we are getting it handed to us then I have no issue with trying something new to at the very least keep Geno from getting killed.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I think our best chance is to start the lefty Ahlers, run the ball 70% of the time and go for it on 4th down (not 4th & long) every time between both 35 yard lines.
I'm kidding of course but at least it would even up the time of possession, keep our defense off the field some, mask O-Line problems and I think Ahlers could provide a spark/keep the chains moving. Desperate times...

rcaido

Reaction score
My bet is Christmas Eve game against the Titans.

Rosco

Reaction score
Geno will probably get the first 4 games and get the axe, if he keeps looking like shit.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Quarterback changes aren't willy-nilly decisions that should be made lightly. I know the idea gets thrown around here a lot at every single negative outcome, but it's not a small decision.

Who said it's a small decision? Or even implied it? Who are you arguing with over that point?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Who said it's a small decision? Or even implied it? Who are you arguing with over that point?
It's generally a fairly popular topic and has been suggested several times. Also, the OP references the Detroit game, which shouldn't move the needle on this topic regardless of result.

No one explicitly said it's a small decision, but there are replies in this thread alone about this being something that should happen relatively early in the season, which is the implication you're asking about.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Not that I'm vilifying the OP, which is a reasonable topic and a hypothetical "when?" scenario. My answer, though, is that it shouldn't happen regardless despite frequent suggestion that it should.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hopefully never he's already had his chances. I'd rather we clean house as soon as new ownership is in place and move on from both Geno and Locke.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Hopefully never is the best answer.

The only scenarios where we have to use Locke are bad. And the likely results of using him aren't great either.

Unless the goal is tanking for a stellar QB in what looks to be an incredibly deep QB draft class coming? We don't want to see him being used.

LTH

Reaction score
If Geno has a bad game in Detroit, when will pete make the change ?
I don't think it will be until he gets hurt. But when Lock gets his chance, Geno might not get his job back... just sayin.

LTH