When will we move on from John Schneider?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":115mm3v2 said:
iigakusei":115mm3v2 said:
Absolutely true - although I think that is a bad reason to justify the trade. We suck at drafting in the 1st round is a bigger issue. And so far I just don't see how Adams makes this defense any better. I actually think he makes them worse than with McDougald because they are so infatuated with blitzing him too much. Lets see how he does tonight because he should be spying Murray a lot. Anyway more of an off-season discussion about the overall roster construction and coaching on the defense both being terrible.

Hard to evaluate Adams, considering he's been gone for four weeks, and the weeks he has been in he's been disruptive but inconsistent, especially in pass coverage.

It'll take time to see how best to use him, so I'm certainly nowhere near ready to call the trade a bust. He's a beast, we saw that against Atlanta, he singlehandedly destroyed their offense.

My hope is we'll get Quinn back next off season, or another more creative D-Coordinator that can maximize Adam's effectiveness...........and not just blitz him off the edge 20 times a game like Norton's doing.

Definitely. And I do think Adams is a great player. My concern when the trade was made is that the defense has so many other needs, what we had to give up and the $$ we will have to pay him it was hard to justify. Let's hope tonight he has a huge game and knocks Murray around a couple times.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":gxmi31j5 said:
Sgt. Largent":gxmi31j5 said:
iigakusei":gxmi31j5 said:
Absolutely true - although I think that is a bad reason to justify the trade. We suck at drafting in the 1st round is a bigger issue. And so far I just don't see how Adams makes this defense any better. I actually think he makes them worse than with McDougald because they are so infatuated with blitzing him too much. Lets see how he does tonight because he should be spying Murray a lot. Anyway more of an off-season discussion about the overall roster construction and coaching on the defense both being terrible.

Hard to evaluate Adams, considering he's been gone for four weeks, and the weeks he has been in he's been disruptive but inconsistent, especially in pass coverage.

It'll take time to see how best to use him, so I'm certainly nowhere near ready to call the trade a bust. He's a beast, we saw that against Atlanta, he singlehandedly destroyed their offense.

My hope is we'll get Quinn back next off season, or another more creative D-Coordinator that can maximize Adam's effectiveness...........and not just blitz him off the edge 20 times a game like Norton's doing.

Definitely. And I do think Adams is a great player. My concern when the trade was made is that the defense has so many other needs, what we had to give up and the $$ we will have to pay him it was hard to justify. Let's hope tonight he has a huge game and knocks Murray around a couple times.

Yep, this is what happens when you don't draft well over a long period of time, you get desperate and have to make trades like this.......because the roster is mediocre.

Certainly the case on the defensive side of the ball. McDowell, Collier, Blair (not his fault but still not a part), Barton, Green, Griffin, Hill, Jones, Reed, etc. Those are our 1st-3rd rounders that should be the cornerstones of our defense.

Some good players, but where are the great players we need in order to restock the defense into at LEAST a top 10 defense. There's not, it's a below average defense with below average players. So there you go, desperation trades like Adams.

TypeSly

Reaction score
iigakusei":gfzq38vv said:
Although I think it was mostly Pete, the Jamal Adams trade will go down as one of the worst in franchise history, especially after we give him $16 million per year (minimum).

The worst trade in franchise history? Being a little dramatic, wouldn't ya say?

94Smith

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3zxz2ghm said:
Flyingsquad23":3zxz2ghm said:
94Smith":3zxz2ghm said:
Appyhawk":3zxz2ghm said:
What GM/HC/Ownership tandem in the league is better than John and Pete and our ownership (ownership beginning with Allen)?

Kansas City, Baltimore, and New Orleans.

Care to provide some or any context or metric to this statement. Or you just like their uniforms look

Before last year, Andy Reid was the sad sack of the HC world every year fighting for his job because he could "never win the big one."

He get's arguably the most talented young QB in 25 years, and all of a sudden he's a genius. Amazing how good players make owners, GM's and coaches geniuses.

Like Russell Wilson? Pot calling the Kettle black there. Andy Reid played in 4 NFC championships and one Super Bowl before winning in KC. Also did pretty darn good with Alex Smith

Flyingsquad23":3zxz2ghm said:
94Smith":3zxz2ghm said:
Appyhawk":3zxz2ghm said:
What GM/HC/Ownership tandem in the league is better than John and Pete and our ownership (ownership beginning with Allen)?

Kansas City, Baltimore, and New Orleans.

Care to provide some or any context or metric to this statement. Or you just like their uniforms look

Superbowls this decade, HOF worthy coaching, multiple successful drafts, successful free agents, wins

Nunya

Reaction score
RCATES":2dpzff20 said:
Nunya":2dpzff20 said:
Some of you are a bunch of Karens. If things don't go your way, you're looking for the head of the manager.

I'll just put this here:

https://www.nfl.com/news/why-george-kit ... coach-duos

Rank
Seattle Seahawks
GM: John Schneider · Coach: Pete Carroll
The 'Hawks operate under a high-risk, high-reward premise when it comes to team building. Schneider isn't afraid to pull the trigger on a blockbuster deal to acquire a five-star talent to boost the roster (see: trades for Jamal Adams, Jadeveon Clowney and Sheldon Richardson). Although some of their bold moves haven't moved the needle on the field, the aggressive acquisition tactics are part of a go for broke strategy that fits Carroll's upbeat and energetic personality. The ultra-positive head coach blends newbies into the fabric of the team while nurturing young players along the way. With Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf and Chris Carson flourishing as homegrown stars for the Russell Wilson-led offense, Seattle's exceptional developmental model and bold acquisitions yield big results (one Super Bowl title, two NFC championships, playoff berths in seven of the past eight seasons) in the Pacific Northwest.

This team has gotten worse year after year since 2013. If you want to continue to praise him for 2 good drafts more power to you. His trades have been disasters to say the least.

Lol......when people use the bar of a Superbowl win to measure a team, it makes it much easier to say "This team has gotten worse year after year since 2013" if they do not win again. I guess then that EVERY team that won the SB and then did not the next year got worse.

The Seahawks have been competitive every single season since 2013. Not too many teams can say that. Methinks that some people just expect every season to be perfect and when it is not, they want to fire everybody.....even if that firing could actually hurt the team. There is very little deep thought from these type of people.

So tell me, if they fire Schneider, who do they replace him with that would GUARANTEE that they team improves? If there is no guarantee, then there is no reason to fire Schneider as he is still the competent GM he has always been since he got here.

TypeSly

Reaction score
94Smith":3jd8u50v said:
Also can add in New England.

Yeah, just keep blurbing out whatever teams you want, with no facts behind these claims. I'm surprised you haven't said 49'ers yet. Maybe because they suck? lol :49ersmall:

BlueThunder

Reaction score
If they fired Schneider, he'd be snapped up in under 10 milliseconds, and we'd watch another team rise to the top. He's a great GM! Ever since we won the SB, we've had this fan base that is just spoiled AF. Do you even remember the 90's?

94Smith

Reaction score
Pete Carroll's record without Russell Wilson was 47-49. Andy Reids record without Pat Mahomes is 303-200

94Smith

Reaction score
TypeSly":3css88u8 said:
94Smith":3css88u8 said:
Also can add in New England.

Yeah, just keep blurbing out whatever teams you want, with no facts behind these claims. I'm surprised you haven't said 49'ers yet. Maybe because they suck? lol :49ersmall:

If it was coach/gm they would be in the conversation, but it was coach/gm/owner

Nunya

Reaction score
94Smith":2qaskbb4 said:
Pete Carroll's record without Russell Wilson was 47-49. Andy Reids record without Pat Mahomes is 303-200

That is probably one of the dumbest comparisons I have ever seen.

Heck, Belichick's record without Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahone is 277-132

94Smith

Reaction score
Nunya":2rofr94q said:
94Smith":2rofr94q said:

Someone earlier said the only reason Andy reid is considered a great coach is because of Pat Mahomes. I said that was the pot calling the kettle black because you could say the same thing about Pete Carroll. Andy reid is a superior coach to Pete Carroll and his track record proves it

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
94Smith":3u8shj34 said:
Nunya":3u8shj34 said:
94Smith":3u8shj34 said:

Someone earlier said the only reason Andy reid is considered a great coach is because of Pat Mahomes. I said that was the pot calling the kettle black because you could say the same thing about Pete Carroll. Andy reid is a superior coach to Pete Carroll and his track record proves it

Both are great coaches. I find it odd you'd discount Pete's tremendous college success, which came after being a relatively decent NFL coach, followed immediately by taking over a horrible Seattle team and turning them into perennial contenders.

I really don't think Reid's track record proves he's better than Carroll. It proves he's damn good, though.

sc85sis

Reaction score
94Smith":23xq6727 said:
But you have to look at context.

Pete had one year as head coach of a Jets team that went 4-28 in the two years after he was fired. They were a TERRIBLE team.

He also had zero control over personnel when he coached the Patriots, where he had a GM who traded away some of the best players, including future HOF RB Curtis Martin (a trade that Pete was absolutely against). Belichick also had a poor record as a HC prior to New England. Then Bill was given total control over the roster for the Pats.

The first two years in Seattle, John and Pete completely overhauled the roster after inheriting a team that had won only 9 games over the two previous seasons. While they only went 7-9 each of those first two years, it was obvious the team was more competitive and was building for the future.

Reid has had roster control since his third year with the Eagles.

Both are excellent coaches. But coaches need players, and the most important one is the guy under center.

toffee

Reaction score
ludakrishna":38pbw1ex said:
John Schneider is overrated. Only one successful DE in draft (Frank Clark) everyone else has been a bust. Living off of the 2011/2012/2013 success for too long. No DB depth since LOB No LBs since Bobby and KJ no DL outside of Frank. Got lucky on Cliff and MB in Free Agency. Couldn’t develop a Offensive Tackle in house. Outside of Lewis this year, OL drafting has been terrible. WR outside of DK and Tyler have been miserable. TE drafting has been terrible. Reliant on Trades too much and even those have not hit since the Clemons and Beast trades. He needs to be on the hot seat for the failure to backfill with a decent roster but as mentioned earlier, lives off of 2011/2012/2013 success and it needs to stop.
Move on from Schneider, fire Pete, and trade that too short QB.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
toffee":ephm5ppu said:
ludakrishna":ephm5ppu said:
John Schneider is overrated. Only one successful DE in draft (Frank Clark) everyone else has been a bust. Living off of the 2011/2012/2013 success for too long. No DB depth since LOB No LBs since Bobby and KJ no DL outside of Frank. Got lucky on Cliff and MB in Free Agency. Couldn’t develop a Offensive Tackle in house. Outside of Lewis this year, OL drafting has been terrible. WR outside of DK and Tyler have been miserable. TE drafting has been terrible. Reliant on Trades too much and even those have not hit since the Clemons and Beast trades. He needs to be on the hot seat for the failure to backfill with a decent roster but as mentioned earlier, lives off of 2011/2012/2013 success and it needs to stop.
Move on from Schneider, fire Pete, and trade that too short QB.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Yeah for sure, why not? :177692:

The team would then suck for another 10 years until they found someone who could do the job as well as JS does, keep his team competitive as well as PC and play Qb as well as RW does.

These type threads cause many here to wonder about the the football acumen of some of the posters here.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Some people forget so easily.... why would we voluntarily get rid of John and/or Pete? How many years has it been since we had a losing season? These fans calling for Pete & John’s heads obviously weren’t around to remember the late 80s and all of the 90s... It’s great to be considered relevant & competitive every season, and not a franchise where teams assume a win again you. I guess not winning the Super Bowl every year is grounds to be terminated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
94Smith":12gky6zz said:
Nunya":12gky6zz said:
94Smith":12gky6zz said:

Someone earlier said the only reason Andy reid is considered a great coach is because of Pat Mahomes. I said that was the pot calling the kettle black because you could say the same thing about Pete Carroll. Andy Reid is a superior coach to Pete Carroll and his track record proves it

What is Andy Reid's head to head record vs Pete Carroll? What is Reid's win% in KC vs Pete's win% in Seattle over the same span? Same questions for your other hero teams/coaches...

themunn

Reaction score
94Smith":3j482qev said:
Superbowls this decade, HOF worthy coaching, multiple successful drafts, successful free agents, wins

Saints have had FOUR losing seasons since they won the Superbowl, and 4-6 playoff record. Seahawks 0 losing seasons, and a 5-5 playoff record over a shorter time period.

Baltimore have won just ONE playoff game since since they lost the Superbowl - then they went 5-11 the following year!

1-3 in the playoffs since they won the Superbowl.

The Chiefs are the only team who are now up and coming because they finally got an elite QB on a rookie contract. Let's see where they're at in 2 years time when Mahomes takes up near 20% of their cap room.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Appyhawk":yst8x3gs said:
94Smith":yst8x3gs said:
Nunya":yst8x3gs said:
94Smith":yst8x3gs said:

Someone earlier said the only reason Andy reid is considered a great coach is because of Pat Mahomes. I said that was the pot calling the kettle black because you could say the same thing about Pete Carroll. Andy Reid is a superior coach to Pete Carroll and his track record proves it

What is Andy Reid's head to head record vs Pete Carroll? What is Reid's win% in KC vs Pete's win% in Seattle over the same span? Same questions for your other hero teams/coaches...
Since Pete has been in Seattle, he has faced Andy Reid 7 times - 4 times during the regular season and 3 during preseason.

Regular Season: Pete is 3-1 (1 win vs. Philly in 2011 and the rest vs. KC)

Preseason: Pete is 2-1

Overall: Pete is 5-2

Latest posts