When will we move on from John Schneider?

AgentDib

Reaction score
sc85sis":3hx84nh0 said:
While they only went 7-9 each of those first two years, it was obvious the team was more competitive and was building for the future.
Talk about an understatement. Pete & John inherited a bottom 5 NFL roster and turned most of it over well before they drafted Russ. Most teams would love the chance to have seasons like the 2010 and 2011 Seahawks, where we added Marshawn, JForce, Washington, MRob, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Miller, BMW, Okung, Giacomini, Clemons, KJ, Sherman, Browner, Kam, and ET3 to the roster among many others.

Maulbert

Reaction score
94Smith":35ep4ddq said:
Pete Carroll's record without Russell Wilson was 47-49. Andy Reids record without Pat Mahomes is 303-200

This is rich coming from a whiner fan considering how y'all have been bitchin' for years about how overrated Russ is and that he needed a good defense and running game to win. You'll say anything to diminish the Hawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
94Smith":125ieb6i said:
Pete Carroll's record without Russell Wilson was 47-49. Andy Reids record without Pat Mahomes is 303-200

Yeah that long stint in Philly with McNabb may have had some bearing on it, Reid and Lurie had a pretty good relationship and he was able to basically Play GM with Tom Heckert, Jr. bringing in players, I think he was there 13 years or so, not all winning but most and Super Bowl appearance.

Pete never had a Front office that supported him like Andy had, why he went to USC to do things his way.

But if you include his record there over the same span of time I would bet with Championships and so forth it would be pretty good as well as his record with Seattle.

bill99350

Reaction score
These posts are ridiculous!! Hawk fans are spoiled rotten! Go be a Detroit fan or a jets fan then u would have something to complain about!! Hawks football is competitive every year and we are close to being in the big show again!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
bill99350":3k9xmt4s said:
These posts are ridiculous!! Hawk fans are spoiled rotten! Go be a Detroit fan or a jets fan then u would have something to complain about!! Hawks football is competitive every year and we are close to being in the big show again!
Yeah... it's hard to have an objective discussion if even in the face of all the GM's success people think it's worth saying he should go.

People forget that the Seahawks lost their most potent weapons in the final third of the 2019 season in Penny and Carson; the team has shown itself to be completely different when they have a legitimate running game to compliment Russ.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
bill99350":20517se5 said:
Hawks football is competitive every year and we are close to being in the big show again!

That didnt age well did it?

NJlargent

Reaction score
There’s probably 100 similar posts that didn’t age well over the past few years. I’m just hoping we fix it now like it should have been years ago when the descent was PC and JS issues were beyond obvious.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
AKNFidel":262c0ihl said:
Some people forget so easily.... why would we voluntarily get rid of John and/or Pete? How many years has it been since we had a losing season? These fans calling for Pete & John’s heads obviously weren’t around to remember the late 80s and all of the 90s... It’s great to be considered relevant & competitive every season, and not a franchise where teams assume a win again you. I guess not winning the Super Bowl every year is grounds to be terminated...

No, it's the horrible trades and the poor drafting and bad hires over the past 5 years. John mortgaged the future in a desperate attempt to stay relevant. Now we have few stars on either O or D, we have an inadequate number of draft picks in which to rebuild soon, and multiple weak links on the team, which will prevent even a fully healthy squad from becoming a real title contender. Throw in some terrible coaching hires like Ken Norton Jr. as DC, and things just sink even further. Chickens --> Roost.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3o8jq140 said:
John Schneider is overrated. Only one successful DE in draft (Frank Clark) everyone else has been a bust. Living off of the 2011/2012/2013 success for too long. No DB depth since LOB No LBs since Bobby and KJ no DL outside of Frank. Got lucky on Cliff and MB in Free Agency. Couldn’t develop a Offensive Tackle in house. Outside of Lewis this year, OL drafting has been terrible. WR outside of DK and Tyler have been miserable. TE drafting has been terrible. Reliant on Trades too much and even those have not hit since the Clemons and Beast trades. He needs to be on the hot seat for the failure to backfill with a decent roster but as mentioned earlier, lives off of 2011/2012/2013 success and it needs to stop.
I agree with the principle of moving on from Schneider but for different reasons. He's in lockstep with Pete. Aside from that he's one of the most successful GM's drafting wise this century. People forget about how he cut his teeth scouting and moving up the ranks with the Packers prior to coming into his current role. He's actually drafted really well outside of the first round (which is a league wide problem). Only 15% of picks 21 through 32 pan out statistically and we always draft in that slot. Could it be better? Sure but how many GM's have won a chip in the past 10 years?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
English12thMan":3i7uheuy said:
from 2014 onwards below are players from our drafts that I would consider decent

Britt
Clark
Lockett
Jarran Reed
Ifedi (ish)
Nick Vannett
Alex Collins
Shaquill Griffin
David Moore
Chris Carson
Penny
Dissly
Shaquem Griffin
Dickson
Marquise Blair
DK Metcalf
Jordyn Brooks
Damien Lewis
DeeJay Dallas

Maybe I've missed some? Maybe I'm slightly reaching on others, but that's not the worst list considering the meltdowns people are having. Perhaps lacking star power but we haven't had decent picks for a long long time (in terms of having a top 10 pick in the draft etc)
Where's Doug Baldwin on this list? Poona Ford? I'll tell you, NOT EVEN DRAFTED.
:snack:

massari

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2625gyux said:
Where's Doug Baldwin on this list? Poona Ford? I'll tell you, NOT EVEN DRAFTED.
:snack:
OMG Schneider picked Kris Durham, Mark LeGree, and many others instead of BALDWIN! What a CAN!