Where would you like to play the NFC Championship game?

idahohawksfan

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":3p347tgp said:
Carolina.

I doubt they make the playoffs but we have had success in their house lately! ;)
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.

drdiags

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3otxf2dq said:
New Orleans would be cool if we beat them. Their obsession with us is amazing. The amount of saltiness from NOLA if we went into their dump of a dome, won and then won the Superb Owl would be hilarious.

Just look at the obsession they have with us, their own posters even call them out on it.

Seems like every fanbase has a QB they think is over-rated. Pats hate Manning, Kap and Luck get both barrels here. It goes on and on.

On-topic: I would love to play the NFC CG in the toughest environment available if not at the CLink. Be it NOLA or Green Bay or ??? Doesn't matter.

They had a chance in 2012 to pull a Packers, Pittsburgh or NY Giants type of road-warrior run to the Superbowl but couldn't hold a lead in the last 31 secs at Atlanta. Spoiled a fairy-tale season ending, just like the drops in Arizona in the opener that year destroyed a chance for Wilson to start off with an legendary opening act.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":39y5f2ot said:
Hasselbeck":39y5f2ot said:
Anywhere but Green Bay or New Orleans.

Agreed. There's something about those places, especially at Lambeau Field in January.
The Superdome is no joke either. I'd rather see the 'Hawks play in a nice, quiet stadium.
Like Glendale or Dallas

Neither Dallas or Glendale would be quiet; they'd sound a lot like C-Link! :p

I'd love to see us play in a winter stadium, like Chicago or Green Bay, and walk away with a convincing road win.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2n3cfatw said:
New Orleans would be cool if we beat them. Their obsession with us is amazing. The amount of saltiness from NOLA if we went into their dump of a dome, won and then won the Superb Owl would be hilarious.

Just look at the obsession they have with us, their own posters even call them out on it.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/53 ... e-raiders/

Yeah, I went down the rabbit hole. This might be the best quote ever.

"I don't understand the posters that just angrily jerk off to players having a bad game"

Honestly, the way we're playing this year: Dallas. They have the worst home field advantage of any of the remaining good teams.

I wouldn't want AZ. I remember when we lost 5 straight there, two of which I had the misfortune of attending. I had to go the Niners game in 2007 to get rid of that bad juju.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":r6po3zp0 said:
HawkGA":r6po3zp0 said:
Other than in Seattle, obviously.

At this point, it is looking like HFA will be a tough road to hoe. Also, at the beginning of the season, I remember thinking it would be cool if the Seahawks made it to the Super Bowl to shut up the "they can't win on the road" crowd. So, assuming the Hawks don't get HFA, where would you like to see them play the Championship game? My preference is for Dallas. There's just something about Romo choking in the big game that has me salivating.

Dallas, Arizona, Philly, NO, Green Bay in that order, probably.

BTW, the idiom is tough row to hoe/ hard row to hoe/long row to hoe:
Fig. a difficult task to carry out; a heavy set of burdens. It's a tough row to hoe, but hoe it you will. This is not an easy task. This is a hard row to hoe.

Difficulty in "hoeing", (using a hoe) on a long row full of weeds, rocks, hard soil, etc. is the true but obscure reference.
Completely different from:
"hoeing a road"
"rowing a hoe"
"roading a hoe",
or using any hoe for any other purpose...
Thank you, that's one of those phrases I never quite knew what was right. The other is whether or not it's "toe the line" or "tow the line"?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Detroit. Fun storyline with Tate and that team just seems eminently beatable in a championship setting.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1u3xel8m said:
The other is whether or not it's "toe the line" or "tow the line"?
It's "toe the line"... meaning, get in order... take care of things... step up to the line and get your toes as close to the line as possible but not over it... conform... follow orders... do your duty.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'd personally prefer to play it in Paul Sorvino's pants. As far as the Hawks, Arizona.

Always prefer to take it from a division foe. It would make the victory that much sweeter.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Arizona.

You'd get half the stadium full of Seahawks fans. It almost wouldn't be home field.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ringless":2zv3pvyx said:
In light of the thread I would have to say I would hope it would be in Glendale... That guarantees my team made it to that game!

However to Jerhawk who said he'd prefer to play in a nice quiet stadium. AZ has one of the best home field advantages in the league, it's just underrated. You realize in the last 6-7 years we lead the league in false starts caused? (Not by accident) The place is electric. Although I have never been to the c-link and am hoping to go next year just for that experience.

This was a stat I had no idea about lol thank you for bringing it up. In that case, cross Arizona
off that list. Btw it seems like the Cards do play the Hawks tough whenever we go down there
(as all divisional games go.)

I was sort of going off of how many Eagles fans were in the crowd when you guys played them a few weeks back,
but I guess there's a large population of Eagles fans in Arizona?

drdiags

Reaction score
Unfortunately Eagles fans are like Green Bay, Dallas, NY Giants and Vikings fans. At least in the CLink, you see a large number of them . It goes both ways with the ticket brokers having a large bulk of tickets.

I know the Boys were embarrassed by the number of enemy fans in some of their games but free market at play. Teams have waiting lists and yet tons of enemy fans make it into the stadiums.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Green Bay , for several reasons. One, it's a reserved crowd. Really nice, but not particularly loud. I went to the last playoff game we played there... Not a huge homefield advantage.
The weather is cold, but I'd argue the Seahawks are built more for cold weather success than they are are at this point.

Plus a historic win in such a historic stadium would feel epic.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Vetamur":10s33iqa said:
You forgot to mention that it'd be a nice kick in the face to Erin Rodgers, too. :D

(You're totally right about the crowd, as well; most of the fans at Lambeau are too 'small-town nice' to give a proper home field advantage.)

grizbob

Reaction score
Vetamur":2c1k7dwk said:
Green Bay , for several reasons. One, it's a reserved crowd. Really nice, but not particularly loud. I went to the last playoff game we played there... Not a huge homefield advantage.
The weather is cold, but I'd argue the Seahawks are built more for cold weather success than they are are at this point.

Yeah...and we can have Golden Tate raise the 12 flag :lol:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ec1assms said:
1. Dallas
2. Arizona
3. Detroit
4. San Fran
5. Philly
6. New Orleans
7. Green Bay

I'm changing my picks. Decided to go with the games that would be the most fun to watch. Just like last year I want to beat the best teams, not wonded ducks on our way to another Super Bowl

1. Seattle
2. Dallas
3. Green Bay
4. Detroit
5. New Orleans
6. Santa Clara
7. Philly
8. Arizona

An I'll throw it out there. I want Luck. I want us to take down Luck and show the world Wilson can win the big one every time.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'm hoping for Seattle, but since that's not an option, I'll go with Dallas, because of what it implies about how the season played out. If we're playing in Dallas, it means we beat Philly and AZ, and Green Bay lost a game.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":22yaag3q said:
Who wants the easy road to the Super Bowl?

I do. So does every other sane person.

If we win the Super Bowl, 10 years from now nobody's saying "yeah, but there was that second round upset that got them an easier NFC Championship Game opponent..." They just remember that we hoisted the Lombardi again.

netskier

Reaction score
Salish, as in toe the line of scrimmage in order to get a good jump on the ball when it is snapped, but don't go over the line because that would be encroachment.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Arizona, b/c like last year after the Hawks won in NY they can visualize the place where they will play in the SB again.

Besides winning there would be sweet. After that, I don't care, though it would be nice to win in GB.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Dallas since the Cowboys' stadium is about 15 minutes away from where I live. It's also one the worst home field advantages in the league (as noisy as a library compared to the Clink) and a Seattle win would shut up the Cowboys fans at work who have been crowing about their win over the Seahawks.

Latest posts