Seahawks vs Ravens

or

49ers vs Ravens.

James in PA

Reaction score
Not so fast. SC is trying to make this interesting. 🤨

GemCity

Reaction score
I’ve got to say ours vs the Ravens. It felt like we couldn’t do anything…move the ball, tackle…like….anything.

I don’t recall being dominated like that…in a long time.

But, Merry Xmas Niner nation!!! 😉

cymatica

Reaction score
Niners loss was worse simply because they were considered the best team and had their confidence completely shattered, and it happened on Christmas.

At least we can blame an incompetent gameplan and injuries for looking so bad, SF got punched in the mouth playing their style.

NoGain

Reaction score
The thing is if the 9ers and the Ravens met in the SB it wouldn't surprise me if the 9ers beat them soundly. That's the kind of year it's been. Just when a team looks like they're gaining steam they get knocked off for one reason or another and take a step back. Crazy year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I can’t disagree. One of the most single-handily sentiments I’ve espoused all season long is that this is one of the craziest seasons I can remember.

NoGain

Reaction score
I can’t disagree. One of the most single-handily sentiments I’ve espoused all season long is that this is one of the craziest seasons I can remember.
I remember like three weeks ago the narrative was that Green Bay and Jordan Love were figuring things out and going to make a playoff push...blah, blah, blah...and then they turn into pumpkins again.

Remember the 9ers losing three in a row, and then a month later they're being talked about as if their coronation was a foregone conclusion.

You can point to several teams that jumped to the foreground only to retreat back into the pack of average football teams.

It seems like more of a crapshoot week to week this year than in recent years.

Jac

Reaction score
We were 5-2 and actually leading the division heading into that game. It was supposed to be a statement game, but it just wasn't the statement we were all hoping for.

evergreen

Reaction score
It’s the Rams. Peaking at the right time. And they get to spend $75 million more next year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They're a goddamned buzzsaw. And go figure, they're coached by a guy who went through an even longer "purgatory" than Pete in ol' John Harbaugh.

Let's see what John does in the post season before we start making that comparison. Pete has had monster regular seasons too, only to crap the bed come playoff time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If we're being unbiased Seahawks vs Ravens was the worst blow out, but today's game was funnier. It probably decided the MVP today. Everyone was ready to give it to Brock, but he threw 4 picks as well as the trophy to Lamar
Actually? for me it was Ravens -9rs, and here's why; after ALL PRO Trent Williams goes out with an injury, another O-Lineman follows a few plays later, McCaffery gets corralled, FOUR PICKS and all of a sudden, Mr. MVP Candidate Brock Purdy is looking purdy pedestrian.
NOW maybe some Geno haters around here can appreciate how IMPORTANT it is to have a fully healthy Offensive Line that can not only PASS BLOCK, but can also RUN BLOCK for your Quarterback to have some success......CONTINUITY MATTERS
(also see Patric Mahomes)
It shows how NOT having ALL aspects of Offensive attack at your disposal, Defenses need only to pin their ears back, go two high, and you are limited to beat hell; NOW, I know that there are some here that will dismiss what I'm saying as being nothing more than a Homer, but after seeing how Brock Purdy & Patric Mahomes got their asses handed to them this Weekend, MORE than just a sliver of doubt has to be creeping into their know-it-all-isms ;-)

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The thing is if the 9ers and the Ravens met in the SB it wouldn't surprise me if the 9ers beat them soundly. That's the kind of year it's been. Just when a team looks like they're gaining steam they get knocked off for one reason or another and take a step back. Crazy year.
LOLOLOLOL (catches breath) Well then, in that case, (on any Sunday) the Seahawks could go on a tear (chuckle) and beat the 49ers in the Playoffs, right? ;-)

NoGain

Reaction score
LOLOLOLOL (catches breath) Well then, in that case, (on any Sunday) the Seahawks could go on a tear (chuckle) and beat the 49ers in the Playoffs, right? ;-)
I wouldn't go that far.