Which current players do you think get cut?

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hill has been here for 3 years now. He has 2 completely forgettable years where he was a waste of roster space and 1 year where he was the guy we needed to push the middle on 3rd and longs. I really think watching Jefferson and Bryant's tape, that they will be improvements upon Hill and then Hill could be cut or traded if anyone desired.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are overrating Hill based on his six sacks late in 2014. I remember most of those being cleanup sacks after someone else disrupted the play and occurred after the QB had more than his normal amount of time in the pocket. He seemed to be lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Basis4day

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1li7che2 said:
Hill has been here for 3 years now. He has 2 completely forgettable years where he was a waste of roster space and 1 year where he was the guy we needed to push the middle on 3rd and longs. I really think watching Jefferson and Bryant's tape, that they will be improvements upon Hill and then Hill could be cut or traded if anyone desired.

If hes as "meh" as you seem to indicate, why would anyone trade for him?

titan3131

Reaction score
Anyone defending the scrubs that have been deadweight on our roster remember our motto is always compete. They are only here because the past drafts have been weak. With this strong draft I think most of them will get cut.

Willson and Prick are the safest picks from the weak drafts. Everyone.else is on notice.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
titan3131":3uvf0nl3 said:
KPL
Marsh
Britt
Nowak
Pericak
Terrell
Shead
Coyle
Pinkins
Helfet
Michael
Hill
Simon

I think that's all the crap players from 2013 and 2014. I think they are all on the bubble, due to the amazing draft class and udfa we have.

This about sums it up. I'm predict a roster churn not see since pre-2012. Getting better, and cheaper to extend keepers. Depending on how things go on the oline, a trade for a proven vet is not out of the question.

chris98251

Reaction score
I stated in another thread we are re loading, with our vets hitting the top dollar salary we have to get cheaper but equal talent now, the churn has to happen, not only that we hedge on the wear and tear our style puts on our players and are going to replace them before they may be done or lack value. This is the next evolution of our team and we may have a few tugs of the heart strings going forward over favorites.

justafan

Reaction score
Sokoli,Nowack,C. Michael,Helfet, or my shocker is Graham if he is cleared to play and he doesnt require an injury settlement.

LolaRox

Reaction score
titan3131":3gvk9yfx said:
KPL
Marsh
Britt
Nowak
Pericak
Terrell
Shead
Coyle
Pinkins
Helfet
Michael
Hill
Simon

I think that's all the crap players from 2013 and 2014. I think they are all on the bubble, due to the amazing draft class and udfa we have.

Pretty much this with the exception of Marsh and Shead. I think both of them will make the team. The others I hope are beat out by better competition.

Erebus

Reaction score
LolaRox":22j2v9bl said:
Pretty much this with the exception of Marsh and Shead. I think both of them will make the team. The others I hope are beat out by better competition.

Just out of curiosity, what has Marsh done that makes you think he will make the team? He's been JAG, and it's certainly plausible that a UDFA beats him out.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Erebus":2bz9d1ar said:
LolaRox":2bz9d1ar said:

Just out of curiosity, what has Marsh done that makes you think he will make the team? He's been JAG, and it's certainly plausible that a UDFA beats him out.

Nothing, I just don't know what the plan is for Marsh and where he'll be playing. Trust me, I am not bumping for him, he can go too.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
LolaRox":31d8mbkj said:
titan3131":31d8mbkj said:
KPL
Marsh
Britt
Nowak
Pericak
Terrell
Shead
Coyle
Pinkins
Helfet
Michael
Hill
Simon

as uch as I like some of the names on that list, I think you may be on to something. It does seem like they are gearing up for a roster dump. Bringing the bully reputation back. I say this every year, but sure feels like they are building a monster. We may be surprised at how good this team ends up this year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":mdjp8ylp said:
I stated in another thread we are re loading, with our vets hitting the top dollar salary we have to get cheaper but equal talent now, the churn has to happen, not only that we hedge on the wear and tear our style puts on our players and are going to replace them before they may be done or lack value. This is the next evolution of our team and we may have a few tugs of the heart strings going forward over favorites.

I actually agree with Chris. I feel we are backfilling the roster with some new blood and not doing the Rosterbation that other teams do to totally change their system(....aka oregon coach ninerville.....)stuff that will make our team better. The college mentality that our coach and GM have in mind seem to be working to keep our teams dreams alive. I feel personally that in 3 years, we will be looking for Shermans replacement.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm betting Coyle is probably out with the French pick.

Nowak and Sokoli, but not Lewis.

Cooper Helfet.

One of Hill or Sealver Siliga (remember him?).

Terry Poole.

Mohammed Seisay.

One of Sowell or Webb.

Lawler is my pick for the next Chris Harper/Kris Durham/Kevin Norwood pick who just doesn't have any spark. Not a lot of room for steady possession receivers around here with the character of this offense.

And yeah, Christine Michael's probably done.

Paul Richardson is my shocker pick.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
One that hasn't been picked but seems like a lock to me is Derrick Coleman. Christine Michael is on his way out as well most likely.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3miduyjg said:
One that hasn't been picked but seems like a lock to me is Derrick Coleman. Christine Michael is on his way out as well most likely.

Coleman is not currently on the roster.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Going off your list titan...

KPL - bubble
Marsh - bubble
Britt - piping hot seat
Nowak - surface of Mercury temperature hot seat
Pericak - no idea who this is, safe to say hes gone
Terrell - hot seat
Shead - safe
Coyle - 51% safe
Pinkins - hot seat
Helfet - only making the team if Graham hits the PUP
Michael - very hot seat
Hill - safe
Simon - safe

Shead brings a lot to the table and is cheap, he's not going anywhere IMO.

Simon could very well be the opening day starter if he's healthy. I think he's safe

I don't think Hill is in the danger others think he is. If anything I think we want depth to rival 2013. He stays.

Coyle is pretty valuable for ST and cheap, but he might get outplayed by an UDFA. We shall see.

The other guys will have to earn their keep. Helfet is the one guy that may sneak on the 53 if Jimmy can't go at the start of the year. Also you have to take into consideration the very real likelihood the team signs a veteran QB before TC. So realistically that takes a roster spot away too.

titan3131

Reaction score
Bryant being fb2/DT keeps hill off the bubble imo.

I agree shead has value but does he take a corner or safety spot?

Simon safe???? Isn't this his contract year? He has been a toe breaking blundering injury on cleats. I really curious about SJB and what they can get him to bring after a year here.
I expect tyvis Ohio safety to make the team.

Corner
Edge
Oline
LB

All will be crazy competitive

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
titan3131":1cs0yb6v said:
Pretty much any depth from 2013 or 2014 drafts that aren't starters are on notice.

Make plays or get cut
As it should be. Second contracts start getting pricey even for mediocre players. If players aren't stepping up as potential starters or valuable role-players then it's about time to hit the "refresh" button and reload with younger guys who have untapped potential and 4 cheap years to tap it.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
titan3131":8y8c0ik7 said:
Pretty much any depth from 2013 or 2014 drafts that aren't starters are on notice.

Make plays or get cut
That goes for rooks too, but you'rw right. It's that way every year and good players will get cut.

Sent from Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm surprised so many of you think they'll cut linebackers seeing how we didn't sign or draft any.