Which current players do you think get cut?

RockHawk

Reaction score
Can we please stop with the Jimmy Graham might get cut stuff? Seriously folks, stop and think about how ridiculous that would be for the franchise to do. As was stated before, I agree the worst possible scenario for him would be PUP.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham very well and may likely get cut. However that will not be until he makes it back to the field and is deemed healthy as they do not want to mess with any injury settlements with so severe of an injury.

CMike is gone in all likelihood.

I also think Marshawn is going to force them to cut him by not submitting his retirement. Could he come back and play for someone else? :stirthepot:

Last I believe Browner may not make this team if it comes down to keeping him or keeping one of the young guys they're so high on.

Own The West

Reaction score
Pinkins is joining the LB corp and Irvin left, so we don't really have anyone to cut. Unless somebody fabulous gets dumped on waivers, we're standing pat at LB.

Britt might lose his starting job, but he won't get cut. He's coming into his 3rd year and still has upside. Our OL experience is pretty dismal right now, so he's got additional 'room' value as well.

CMike seemed to return with the taste of humble pie in his mouth, and started to have some success. If the lightbulb stayed on during the offseason, he might be a camp surprise.

The guy on the DL I see at risk is Rubin. Serviceable, but not great at 29 yo. He might get cut in mini-camp so he can latch on to another team.

Basis4day

Reaction score
DJrmb":1daemfaq said:
I also think Marshawn is going to force them to cut him by not submitting his retirement. Could he come back and play for someone else? :stirthepot:

The Lynch retirement thing is really a non issue. John Clayton speaks frequently on the subject. I don't agree with him on many things, but i know enough to know he understands the business side of the NFL. He more than many reporters has been angered by Lynch's treatment towards the media and since he considers it a non-issue i tend to trust him.

If Lynch was trying to mess with the FO, believe me, he'd be all over it.

It benefits the team that the papers not be filed until June so they can split the remaining cap hit over two years.
It would not shock me at all if the Hawks and Lynch's agents worked out an arrangement where the Hawks won't go after Lynch's signing bonus if he waits until June to file the papers.

A

Anonymous

InadvertentSmell":1jybo399 said:
I'm surprised so many of you think they'll cut linebackers seeing how we didn't sign or draft any.

Welcome to .NET! :thirishdrinkers:

Interesting username choice.

Keep in mind we have Browner on the squad. I think people will be surprised how we use him.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Own The West":12th31bb said:
Pinkins is joining the LB corp and Irvin left, so we don't really have anyone to cut. Unless somebody fabulous gets dumped on waivers, we're standing pat at LB.

Britt might lose his starting job, but he won't get cut. He's coming into his 3rd year and still has upside. Our OL experience is pretty dismal right now, so he's got additional 'room' value as well.

CMike seemed to return with the taste of humble pie in his mouth, and started to have some success. If the lightbulb stayed on during the offseason, he might be a camp surprise.

The guy on the DL I see at risk is Rubin. Serviceable, but not great at 29 yo. He might get cut in mini-camp so he can latch on to another team.

If a player like Perkins does end up making the roster (and man oh man do I want him to), then that means Pinkins or someone else is likely cut. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Marsh. He is a horrible pass rusher, but is a solid special teamer and decent run defender, so I expect he stays.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Erebus":31fj1nvg said:
EverydayImRusselin":31fj1nvg said:
Well with all the new talent, which current Seahawks do you think don't make the team?

For me it's Morgan, Cmike and maybe Hill.

Not sure how Morgan is in danger of being cut. We didn't draft a single linebacker. I very much agree with Hill. I think he's our #5 DT now behind Rubin, Siliga, Reed, and Jefferson, and will have to compete with Bryant for the last spot, assuming we keep five.

We grabbed a whole slough of LBers in UDFA and some of them look pretty decent. The only thing Morgan has going for him is ST and time in Pete's system. I can see him losing his job to one of the athletic rookies.

I think KPL and Hill are probably gone. I'm intrigued to see the RB battle: Prosise might be a bit green yet, Collins looks good but he lacks Michael's explosion and I know nothing about the late round guy. If CMike isn't on his game, he'll lose his spot.

OG is going to be interesting too, as no one is really assured of a spot.

I think Helfet is gone if Graham is healthy at the beginning of the season. If Graham is PUP'd, then we'll see Helfet for the first quarter of the season then he'll get cut.

I think Jackson loses his spot to Boykin or Adams.

Tical21

Reaction score
I also can't see Morgan getting cut. Our only SAM with ANY experience. Isn't he penciled in as the starter?

I can see Marsh being in trouble. Luke Willlson could be in trouble. Helftet as well. Britt, certainly. I think Jordan Hill is fine. We don't have the #'s at DT. Simon could be in trouble if Browner looks decent.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I don't see any way Helfet, Michael, or Obomanu make the team.

kf3339

Reaction score
Own The West":1ptdrrub said:

Rubin isn't getting cut. Not sure how anyone can make such a ridiculous statement. He is our staring 3tech and paired with Reed makes our interior run defense impossible to beat. Not happening at all.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seahawks have a tendency to keep around marginal talent if they to be lights out on Special Teams. Which Marsh was last season.

With that said I think Marsh will be tried out at LBer to see if he sticks, hes a guy who I think plays better when he can maximize his athleticism. He touched around 270 his first year, was about 255 last year, and is reportedly 245 this year and his instagram pics probably agree. The guy looks to be in phenomenal shape, not much bulk on him where he can just max out his athleticism. His upper body and core strength looks better.

Kam, Marsh, and Webb have impressed me the most with thier pics. Thats not saying much but still they look like beasts and they seem dedicated to thier overall fitness in thier spare time.

I think with Marsh's DE/DT experience he could be adept at holding the edge, he hasnt been productive in the pass-rush role but I think he could excel at least as a 2-down assigment correct LB who would be stout in his run fits with his ample experience taking on Offensive Linemen.

Unless French can be tougher and hard-nosed, I think Marsh has the best chance to replace Irvin. With MiMo as the hedge if both of the others dont work out.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Own The West":8z18li7e said:

Really? So the Hawks signing him to a deal prior to FA opening doesn't sound like they love what he does?

Smellyman

Reaction score
No way Marsh gets cut. Looking to start and is a GREAT special team player.

McGruff

Reaction score
Own The West":2b0xeklo said:

Wagner
Wright
KLP
Coyle
Pinkins
Morgan
Marsh
Longa
French
Perkins

We are not keeping them all, so yes, we will be cutting linebackers.