Which player did you hope Seattle would draft?

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":1ets5992 said:
Jalen Strong and Ty Montgomery, and I had a dirty little crush on Kikaha, but thought he might go a bit later. I think Jalen Strong is going to be an absolute star, and it wouldn't surprise me if Montgomery has a sick highlight tape in the league. I didn't watch that much of him, but unless the UW game is not an indicator of his talent, that dude has some elite juice. I don't remember the last time I was so scared of a player touching the ball.

I thought it was very interesting that Seattle passed on Strong for Lockett, and then talked up Lockett as a return guy. You can tell the fair catches really ate at Pete last year. It was stupid to let Tate go and not replace his skillset in the draft last year. It was stupid to think Earl or Sherm could return kicks. I liked the Lockett pick a lot, but it also felt almost like an over-correction to a dumb mistake, the same way that trading for Jimmy Graham was a reaction to, you know...

Kikaha seems like more of a 3-4 guy in the NFL, but yeah, if he stays healthy he will be a badass for the Saints.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":17swspi2 said:
Tical21":17swspi2 said:
Jalen Strong and Ty Montgomery, and I had a dirty little crush on Kikaha, but thought he might go a bit later. I think Jalen Strong is going to be an absolute star, and it wouldn't surprise me if Montgomery has a sick highlight tape in the league. I didn't watch that much of him, but unless the UW game is not an indicator of his talent, that dude has some elite juice. I don't remember the last time I was so scared of a player touching the ball.

I thought it was very interesting that Seattle passed on Strong for Lockett, and then talked up Lockett as a return guy. You can tell the fair catches really ate at Pete last year. It was stupid to let Tate go and not replace his skillset in the draft last year. It was stupid to think Earl or Sherm could return kicks. I liked the Lockett pick a lot, but it also felt almost like an over-correction to a dumb mistake, the same way that trading for Jimmy Graham was a reaction to, you know...

Kikaha seems like more of a 3-4 guy in the NFL, but yeah, if he stays healthy he will be a badass for the Saints.

I would have taken Strong but I'm not that concerned about it because we have Graham and Matthews, and I like Lockett's overall chops coming out of college. As far as the draft last year your right there were many things they could have done that would have better than what they did.

two dog

Reaction score
I really liked Grady Jarrett. Both his name and his game.

A lot of you are better X's and O's guys than me but didn't
Jarrett slot right into where Mebane and Rubin's wide butts
were parked.

Also felt a moment of letdown when Tray Walker was selected.
Thought he might be available a little later.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
two dog":1r5sa2ac said:
I really liked Grady Jarrett. Both his name and his game.

A lot of you are better X's and O's guys than me but didn't
Jarrett slot right into where Mebane and Rubin's wide butts
were parked.

Also felt a moment of letdown when Tray Walker was selected.
Thought he might be available a little later.

Jarrett was more a 3T kind of player. More of a Jordan Hill mirror. Not as stout as Mebane. Good mix of penetrator and run defense. But not particularly awesome at either role. Plays lighter, but with great leverage. I saw him as a good approximation of Hill with some development. A good/worthy choice but not necessarily one Seattle would make, considering we had Hill and McDaniel on the roster.

If we didn't have those players on the roster, I think we would have graded him more highly. But felt he would be a guy whose grade relative to the roster would be lower than other prospects in that 3rd/4th round range.

I suspected Walker would go too high. From the publicized reports of prospect workout/visits -- Walker led the league in that respect. He had 14 documented visits -- far and away the most of any prospect. I figured he'd go late 4th, possibly the 4th round comp range. The NFL is hungry for Seattle style CB prospects and Walker fit that. Literally I think he was on 80% of the fan mocks in the 5th/6th range for all teams that I dug into. Very popular mid round value choice. Not that I felt that would factor into where he went, but I did get the real sense that he was clearly not an unknown quantity and was on nearly every casual fan's radar.

I expect both players will make their rosters and contribute. I just didn't expect it would be in Seattle for the reasons I listed.

titan3131

Reaction score
ANYONE questioning that the hawks didnt pick J. strong.

check this out

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=110641

the texans coached called his conditioning out. I never saw a rd 1 prospect, he was alot of hype.

endzorn

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3fgb3hzp said:
I really wanted Jarrett. Loved D Smith, but happy how it all worked out
I thought Jarrett was the exact type of interior player Seattle loves. He could play the nose or shade one on early downs and still be a viable pass rusher in the nickel. The fact Seattle passed on him suggests to me that Seattle felt Hill was already that guy.

Fade

Reaction score
Put me down for Grady Jarrett.

Classic 3T that plays the run really well, but also gives you pass rush.

The only reason he went so late in the draft was because of his height. Which of course is stupid. See Aaron Donald, and Geno Atkins.

Hawks46

Reaction score
After I saw the 1st and 2nd rounds, I really really wanted Lockett. I actually wanted Dorsett more, but Lockett was my next choice (before the draft started).

I'm not real big on the late rounders, but Grasu was a guy I was wanting. The fact that the Hawks only drafted project guys for Center tells me they're happy with Lewis or LJP for right now.

The other guy I really wanted was Michael Bennett. I'm not sure how he would've fit in our rotation, but I felt he was awesome value for where he went. He was mocked in the 1st round by more than one guy, and Bennett HAS to be pissed as all hell he fell that far. That kind of chip, on our defense ? Yes please.

cover-2

Reaction score
I wanted DGB, when he was gone I was hoping for Randy Gregory or Ali Marpet.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I hoped T.J. Clemmings would fall to us in the fourth round. He looked like he should've been picked way higher and when he was still on the board at the end of the third round I thought we might have had a chance but it wasn't to be.

I thought we also might have had a chance at Randy Gregory, scoring a definite first round talent in the second round would have been great but the Cowboys took him only 3 picks before us. :(