Which receivers make the roster?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1gqte2iu said:
Northwest Seahawk":1gqte2iu said:
Moore getting hurt it opens the door for Ferguson if he hadn't I think he hits the waiver wire and gets picked up, IMO there undervaluing Ferguson . Opposing CB's can't cover him so it's a PI or a catch every time he gets the ball thrown his way.

Ursua well he's done well against lesser competition and I like him though not 100 percent sold on him. He will be on the 53 man roster because of ability to play slot and I think he has a chance to do well there.

Jennings I think he's just a guy I've seen nothing special at all from the dude . The Seahawks will probably keep him hopefully not over Jazz but the FO makes a mistake every year at WR.

Ursua looks electric with the ball in his hands. One of those catches was on Desmond King who had the pick six against Russell last year at the Clink.

Ursua should and will be on the 53 he's played well enough. I just wish the same standard was being applied to Jazz and it doesn't really feel like that's the case.

hburn21

Reaction score
Ursua and Ferguson both looked good, Ferguson was open a few times that Russell went to Lockett and he had a great move in the end zone for a big guy that smith just flat out didn’t see. Ursua seems to have an innate ability to come open and get YAC. Jennings has shown me nothing this preseason besides a stupid penalty.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ursua looks great! Really impressed with the way he's played.

I'd be very shocked and disappointed if he didn't make the team.

pehawk

Reaction score
Ursua was lusted over by 7 teams the last day of the draft. So, he's either on the 53 here or with Pats/Rams/Cards. The practice squad just aint an option. But retaining him comes at the price of a ST spot. Keeping him most likely means keeping someone like Mingo too.

They're not going to keep two WRs who cant play specials. So keeping him also means Jazz goes.

Fade

Reaction score
The Seahawks always like to shuffle the deck after the initial 53 a couple days later, but here is my guess of what it will look like on Sunday against the Bengals.

53 MAN ROSTER

Lockett
Brown
Metcalf
Ursua
Wright (Special Teams)
Jennings (4th Round) I know they have cut 4th rdrs in the past, it still is very hard for teams to do it.

PRACTICE SQUAD

Jazz Ferguson
Malik Turner

WAIVED INJURED

David Moore (If they use this designation they can bring him back in two weeks, if no one picks him up.)

CUT

Darboh
Reynolds

The toughest choice right now is between Ferguson & Wright. If they feel they can sneak Wright onto the practice squad, and Ferguson can't. They will go with Jazz instead.

penihawk

Reaction score
Ursua will be the most successful of this rookie class. I hope it’s in a Hawks uniform & not a NE one.

John63

Reaction score
penihawk":qkt746en said:
Ursua will be the most successful of this rookie class. I hope it’s in a Hawks uniform & not a NE one.

Depending on how you measure success.

toffee

Reaction score
Six WRs,
for vets : Lockett, Brown, Reynolds
For rookies: Metcalf, Ursua, Jazz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
toffee":3my7nmht said:
Six WRs,
for vets : Lockett, Brown, Reynolds
For rookies: Metcalf, Ursua, Jazz

Hmm not sure I call Reynolds a vet while it is his 2nd year he has no receptions.

For me as of now it is;

Lockett, Brown, Metcalf, Ursua, Jazz and either Moore or Turner, Both have had game experience.

Jville

Reaction score
Kinda sounds like David Moore is being counted on for 2019.

(On David Moore) “David has a non-displaced fracture in his upper humerus. He’s not too uncomfortable. It’s sore, but it’s not too uncomfortable. He’s going to be able to make a really quick recovery. What that is, we don’t know. We’ll just wait and see. I would bet, in another week or so, David is going to be chomping at the bit to come back because he’s not going to feel much. He’s tough and all that and it’s not going to hinder him in any way. We are going to work him through the 53 and count on him to come back soon.”
More info here >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155148#p2296771[/urltargetblank]

AgentDib

Reaction score
Experience matters a lot with receivers and the "risk" of having a young receiver taken off the practice squad is completely overblown by fans every year. Who exactly have we lost from the practice squad over the years that went on to a good career elsewhere? People are concerned about something that never happens.

I don't think it's even certain that we are going to keep a sixth receiver given the higher special teams impact from our other positional battles.

toffee

Reaction score
So far biggest disappointment is Gary Jennings.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
RE: Jennings: Jennings seems to be bagged on and questioned a lot, however...…He has what 4 or 5 targets so far in the 3 preseason games so far?

For a 4-th round pick by a team in need of WR's, it seems "curious" to me that he hasn't had more targets so far. This leads me to the thought that **perhaps** that one reported "excellent practice" by Jennings was all they needed to see as to his potential so they spread the ball around target wise to the other bubble WR's (particularly Metcalf, Ferguson & Ursua, etc.) first? I'd expect Jennings gets a few targets in their final game however -- and we need to keep in mind, Jennings put up some good to elite stats in college. + Ursua should be a lock IMO.

:smilingalien:

John63

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":6my6724c said:
RE: Jennings: Jennings seems to be bagged on and questioned a lot, however...…He has what 4 or 5 targets so far in the 3 preseason games so far?

For a 4-th round pick by a team in need of WR's, it seems "curious" to me that he hasn't had more targets so far. This leads me to the thought that **perhaps** that one reported "excellent practice" by Jennings was all they needed to see as to his potential so they spread the ball around target wise to the other bubble WR's (particularly Metcalf, Ferguson & Ursua, etc.) first? I'd expect Jennings gets a few targets in their final game however -- and we need to keep in mind, Jennings put up some good to elite stats in college. + Ursua should be a lock IMO.

:smilingalien:

I dont see them keeping Jennings and Ursua and as of now Ursua has shown way more.

Lockett and Brown are locks

Metcalf might as well be a lock

that leaves 3 to choose from Jazz, Ursua, Jennings, Moore, Reynolds, Turner

No way
Lewis, Murray, Wright

For me based on what I have seen so far the final 3 go to:
Ursua
Jazz
????? (Moore)

Despite what some say neither Jazz or Ursua will clear waivers, and while even if picked up there is a chance that we can get them back there is also a chance we will not. Not to mention they have just flat out performed the other contenders for the final 3.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hopefully Jennings turns it around and doesn't become the new Chris Harper or Darboh.

Either way, tonight's the big night! Let's see who steps up and makes the team!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Jerhawk":p6rphpqs said:
Hopefully Jennings turns it around and doesn't become the new Chris Harper or Darboh.

Either way, tonight's the big night! Let's see who steps up and makes the team!

Honestly, I don't care if Jennings turns it around or not. Simple fact is there is enough talent there. If he gets beaten out by a 7th round pick or a UDFA, that sucks for him, but it is fine for the team. It's a different story when the team drafts one person with the hope of solidifying a position. Hawks brought in plenty of receivers so they aren't dependent on a particular player hitting.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Lest anybody think I'm heartless for saying I don't care, what I mean is that it isn't somehow better for the Seahawks for Jennings to turn out to be good and Ursua to suck. We can talk all we want about the draft position, but that's a sunk cost at this point.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2nsd6rtr said:
It's fine, sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across in type well.
LOLOLOL Some people suck at coming across as "Sarcastic", LOLOL, I must be a 'Natural', as nobody seems to see anything but "Sarcasm"
If we can't laugh at yourself once in awhile...er...I mean Myself once in a great while, or almost never, then what's the fun in coming here & posting on .NET :stirthepot:

Latest posts