Which teams in the NFC are we better than?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Serious question, snark aside.

Watching the football games today I see a lot of teams that I am not sure we are better than, teams that I am used to us being better than.

Teams like Washington, Vikings, Panthers.

We beat the 49ers I don't think we are better than they are.

We are obviously not in Lion territory yet but the more games I see the less I see teams that I think we could compete with.

We likely don't have a team in our division we are better than, but outside of it - not sure I am seeing too many teams I feel that confident against either. Maybe a healthy Wilson could will us a win against some of these, but without him how close to Lions and Eagles territory are we right now?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":hznie58z said:

Watching the football games today I see a lot of teams that I am not sure we are better than, teams that I am used to us being better than.

We are obviously not in Lion territory yet but the more games I see the less I see teams that I think we could compete with.

We likely don't have a team in our division we are better than, but outside of it - not sure I am seeing too many teams I feel that confident against either. Maybe a healthy Wilson could will us a win against some of these, but without him how close to Lions and Eagles territory are we right now?
Seattle without Wilson is probably a 6 win team. At best 8.

xray

Reaction score
Predicting this is illegal in west Virginia . Answer ...I think that we can beat about half the NFC which means we lose half . My fuzzy math . :D

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
I remember our super bowl years: Defense played 2 full halves consistently. Our offense typically played slow in the first half then consistently well in the second.

Result: we had a team that showed up 3/4s of total game time.

Today, we have a Defense that isn’t showing up in virtually any respect, and an offense that’s been showing up for its typical 1 half of football.

Result: we have a team that shows up for only 1/4th of every game.

Another way of thinking about the question of who are we better than: who also doesn’t show up for 3/4ths of every game??

Fade

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ushthh3 said:

The Seahawks without Wilson goes as follows:

GREAT TIER
Buccaneers
Cards

GOOD TIER
Rams
Cowboys
Packers

AVG TIER
Panthers
Vikings
Saints
Bears (w/Justin Fields)

MEH TIER
49ers (Injuries)
Eagles
Seahawks (RW injured)
Washington

BOTTOM TIER
Giants
Falcons
Lions

It's hard to win games with a backup QB, and the 32nd ranked defense. It's hard to win games with the 32nd ranked defense, period.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Not many at this point lmao.
On the bright side is I absolutely think Geno can win a couple of upcoming games for us and head into the bye week above .500
Will the defense hold up its end of the bargain? I doubt it they stink at the corners and we need more pressure on the quarterback. Our secondary has one good cover guy and 3 liabilities

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Fade":2tyxjp6h said:
TwistedHusky":2tyxjp6h said:

The Seahawks without Wilson goes as follows:

GREAT TIER
Buccaneers
Cards

GOOD TIER
Rams
Cowboys
Packers

AVG TIER
Panthers
Vikings
Saints
Bears (w/Justin Fields)

MEH TIER
49ers (Injuries)
Eagles
Seahawks (RW injured)
Washington

BOTTOM TIER
Giants
Falcons
Lions

It's hard to win games with a backup QB, and the 32nd ranked defense. It's hard to win games with the 32nd ranked defense, period.

Generally agree with this, although I would put the Rams in the top tier. With Russ healthy we are likely at the top of the average tier, which would be # 6 and a playoff contender.

hawks85

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":39x6eu0d said:
TwistedHusky":39x6eu0d said:

Seattle without Wilson is probably a 6 win team. At best 8.

With that sorry wet paper bag of a defense 3-4 wins. I like Geno always have, but he won't be able to score on every single drive and that's what it's gonna take to pull off 8 wins unless that D gets fixed real quick. If that D can play the the second half of last year I can see 11 wins with Geno playing.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Who knows?

Maybe Geno dinks & dunks it down the field & keeps the defense off the field for extended periods & we improve because of it. IDK, just trying to remain positive.