Status
Not open for further replies.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RichNhansom":k02tx2dk said:
hawksfansinceday1":k02tx2dk said:
rlkats":k02tx2dk said:
hawksfansinceday1":k02tx2dk said:
Yes and no. No because the NFL set the Whiners up to lose this game and one of their favored franchises, the Stealers to win by scheduling it at 10:00 AM Pacific time after Santa Clara played late Monday night while Pissburgh played 10 days earlier. Yes because Santa Clara isn't as good as they looked last week and Minny isn't as bad (beating Detroit today).

Dude whats your deal? Yes tough game. Yes bad start time. Yes niner (ya I said niners not whinners) are not as good as some thought after week1. NO ONE IS MAKING EXCUSES. THEY GOT BLOWN UP. Hey captain obvious this loss like this is NOT A SHOCK. damn man.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear.......my point is the NFL totally stacked the deck against your team man making it very difficult to come away with a win. I didn't mean to infer that anyone was making excuses because you're right, they got lit up. Your team isn't as good as they looked last week but not as bad as they looked his week IMO. That's all I'm saying.

BTW, even though I'm a Hawks fan and even though I don't think scheduling was the bottom line factor in your team's loss today, I continue to be outraged by the NFL's favoritism of east coast teams in general and the Stealers in particular.

To be fair the NFL stacked the deck last week for the 9ers. I would think it would be much more difficult to travel and play a game between 9:30pm and 1:00am against a team you have zero ability to game plan against, than it would be to play on a short week in a 10am start. At least the 9ers could formulate a game plan.

The tough part of this scheduling is you still have no real idea if the 9ers are going to be good or not. They looked like a playoff team last week and this week when it mattered they looked like a team that will be picking very high in the draft.

I actually though Kaep looked good even with minimal success early. He seemed to be using more receivers than I remember him doing before but his offense in general really let him down. Not just the O-line. Dropped passes all over the field was huge also. Keap actually looked like he could be good if his team helped him out some.

Agreed on Kap. He had zero help today. Free rushers in his face, dropped passes galore including one TD, and untimely penalties. He actually looked much more comfortable than I've ever seen him even when he was getting pressured.

Then the D was just non-existent. No pressure on Ben and they couldn't stop the deep pass to save their lives.

Yes, a lot of Kaps yards came when the game was out of hand, but he played well all game. In particular, he checked down to a RB far more often than I've ever seen and he stayed in a passing posture longer than I've seen.[/quote]

I noticed the check downs. Something Kaep has struggled mightily with.

One thing I did notice and kind of curious if you did or not. The 9ers were getting away with some of the most egregious holding I can remember. Literally trailing through defenders at times and with almost no calls. In fact they called one on the sack up the middle that forced a FG and the officials gathered and picked up the flag. Then they showed what was called and it was pretty obvious picking up the flag was a mercy thing. I rewound ones that in real time I thought were bad and re-watched to make sure I wasn't just being a hater and that really confirmed what I thought I was seeing.

Maybe this was the NFL's way of compensating for giving you guys the ugly match up.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Actually its been reported that Jed York requested the Monday Night Football opener, so that he could show case Levi's to the viewing public, and of course Roger Goodell acquiesced Junior's request. Btw, the Vikings traveled all the way to California, & played a Sunday game also, with the same days of rest that the Niners had, & won they their game?!

Everyone and his Uncle knew that the win against the Vikings last week was "fools gold," for the Niners. You don't lose that many Vets on your roster, and keep on keeping on.

Marvin49

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":1l8pg6y8 said:
Actually its been reported that Jed York requested the Monday Night Football opener, so that he could show case Levi's to the viewing public, and of course Roger Goodell acquiesced Junior's request. Btw, the Vikings traveled all the way to California, & played a Sunday game also, with the same days of rest that the Niners had, & won they their game?!

Everyone and his Uncle knew that the win against the Vikings last week was "fools gold," for the Niners. You don't lose that many Vets on your roster, and keep on keeping on.

Dude. This ain't rocket science.

1) So what if Jed asked for a Monday Night opener? They didn't get any Monday Night games last year because they couldn't play on weeknights in Levi's first year. They are also hosting the SB at seasons end.

2) You, sir, are a genius. The Vikings DID in fact play and win a game on 6 days rest. Wow. Wait, what's that? Detroit wasn't coming off TEN days rest? Oh.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":24zrt4sz said:
RichNhansom":24zrt4sz said:
hawksfansinceday1":24zrt4sz said:
rlkats":24zrt4sz said:
Dude whats your deal? Yes tough game. Yes bad start time. Yes niner (ya I said niners not whinners) are not as good as some thought after week1. NO ONE IS MAKING EXCUSES. THEY GOT BLOWN UP. Hey captain obvious this loss like this is NOT A SHOCK. damn man.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear.......my point is the NFL totally stacked the deck against your team man making it very difficult to come away with a win. I didn't mean to infer that anyone was making excuses because you're right, they got lit up. Your team isn't as good as they looked last week but not as bad as they looked his week IMO. That's all I'm saying.

BTW, even though I'm a Hawks fan and even though I don't think scheduling was the bottom line factor in your team's loss today, I continue to be outraged by the NFL's favoritism of east coast teams in general and the Stealers in particular.

To be fair the NFL stacked the deck last week for the 9ers. I would think it would be much more difficult to travel and play a game between 9:30pm and 1:00am against a team you have zero ability to game plan against, than it would be to play on a short week in a 10am start. At least the 9ers could formulate a game plan.

The tough part of this scheduling is you still have no real idea if the 9ers are going to be good or not. They looked like a playoff team last week and this week when it mattered they looked like a team that will be picking very high in the draft.

I actually though Kaep looked good even with minimal success early. He seemed to be using more receivers than I remember him doing before but his offense in general really let him down. Not just the O-line. Dropped passes all over the field was huge also. Keap actually looked like he could be good if his team helped him out some.

Agreed on Kap. He had zero help today. Free rushers in his face, dropped passes galore including one TD, and untimely penalties. He actually looked much more comfortable than I've ever seen him even when he was getting pressured.

Then the D was just non-existent. No pressure on Ben and they couldn't stop the deep pass to save their lives.

Yes, a lot of Kaps yards came when the game was out of hand, but he played well all game. In particular, he checked down to a RB far more often than I've ever seen and he stayed in a passing posture longer than I've seen.

One thing I did notice and kind of curious if you did or not. The 9ers were getting away with some of the most egregious holding I can remember. Literally trailing through defenders at times and with almost no calls. In fact they called one on the sack up the middle that forced a FG and the officials gathered and picked up the flag. Then they showed what was called and it was pretty obvious picking up the flag was a mercy thing. I rewound ones that in real time I thought were bad and re-watched to make sure I wasn't just being a hater and that really confirmed what I thought I was seeing.

Maybe this was the NFL's way of compensating for giving you guys the ugly match up.
[/quote]

Honestly I didn't notice, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

ringless

Reaction score
Lets be real though,
Yes the score was bad, yes it got out of hand. I think it's unlikely to see that bad of a defensive performance again. This game is one of the outliers as opposed to the norm.

I wouldn't feel comfortable writing off the 49ers just yet. Yes it's fun to make fun of everything that took place because it was unheard of. However, they do have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Somehow they let receivers get past the safeties in this game over the top and bad things will happen, and did happen multiple times. I think that is something that will be easy to correct and next week there is no better team to go up against to see if it is corrected.

Things got out of hand early with the Carlos Hyde fumble, etc. It's not like they are going to get blown out every week. They will likely be competitive every week.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Marvin49":1dkg8sdn said:
greenblue_eye's2":1dkg8sdn said:

1) So what if Jed asked for a Monday Night opener? They didn't get any Monday Night games last year because they couldn't play on weeknights in Levi's first year. They are also hosting the SB at seasons end.

2) You, sir, are a genius. The Vikings DID in fact play and win a game on 6 days rest. Wow. Wait, what's that? Detroit wasn't coming off TEN days rest? Oh.

Excuse me Doctor Spin...But did I address you in any way, shape, or form??? Someone on this thread "mentioned" that it was kind of ridiculous for the NFL to schedule a MNF Game when you have another game within a few days, and I just replied with an answer that Tim Kawakami had tweeted?! "That the Forty-Niners had asked for the MNF Game."

Apparently I have gotten under your skin in someway, or another, because there is absolutely no other reason for you to be b*tching me out when it comes to my comments. Especially when my comments are in no way directed towards you, Smdh?! After all this is not 49ers Webzone were the Mods "ban" you for saying anything negative about your spent out comments that you have made, or for being critical of the Niners.

So Let me state the Facts Doctor Spin...
1) When Levi's opened in 2013 it was a "known fact" that the 49ers would forgo having MNF, & Thursday Night Football also, due to the fact that there would be Traffic Nightmares on all the Freeways. Since Levi's is surrounding by Tech Companies....Everyone in the Bay KNEW that Marvin, so why are you addressing that "fact" with me, I know this Bro?! With SB 50 being held at Levi's it understandable that Junior would want to show case the Broiler...I do not have an issue with that, do you???

2) I am sorry that your team got blown out today Marvin, but you don't have to b*tch me out because you're po'ed...I just pointed out that the Vikings flew all the way from the Mid-West, to Santa Clara CA., & played on the same days rest the Niners had, and beat their opponent. My team unfortunately lost today also, but you don't see me b*tching anyone out because of that.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The only thing that broke from my expectations in this game (see the predictions thread) is that for the 2nd game in a row Kap looks like a much better QB. It was against a very crappy Steelers secondary and a lot of his stats came in the second half, but I'm not talking about stats. Even in the first half I think he looked a lot better.

In a weird way I think this game was interesting because of how uninteresting it was. The three units in the game that most reasonable people expected to really struggle at least early in the year (secondary coverage) if not through the whole year (O-line and defensive pass rush) just got completely obliterated to the point that nothing else really mattered. Oddly though the only even faintly bright spots on these units were the young guys (Armstead collapsing the pocket, and Acker once again really good in run support, and although he got chewed up and spit out by Antonio Brown, he never really got totally embarrassed like Bethea and Reid did).

So, if we've learned anything so far (and I doubt we have) it's this: The 9ers should be able to beat really bad teams, have a punchers chance against other decent teams, and should get their bell rung by good teams. With how tough the schedule is I still think 6-10 or so is realistic, but 8-8 isn't outside the realm of possibility. I still think they'll start out at 2-6 though, or 3-5 if they're lucky.

Barakas

Reaction score
rlkats":3iljqz9e said:
hawksfansinceday1":3iljqz9e said:
Weadoption":3iljqz9e said:
This game is a reality check.
Yes and no. No because the NFL set the Whiners up to lose this game and one of their favored franchises, the Stealers to win by scheduling it at 10:00 AM Pacific time after Santa Clara played late Monday night while Pissburgh played 10 days earlier. Yes because Santa Clara isn't as good as they looked last week and Minny isn't as bad (beating Detroit today).

Ummm....over reaction maybe? For an enemy fan board what was stated about your Whiners was pretty darn tame.

Oh and :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2igb4eg2 said:
The only thing that broke from my expectations in this game (see the predictions thread) is that for the 2nd game in a row Kap looks like a much better QB. It was against a very crappy Steelers secondary and a lot of his stats came in the second half, but I'm not talking about stats. Even in the first half I think he looked a lot better.

In a weird way I think this game was interesting because of how uninteresting it was. The three units in the game that most reasonable people expected to really struggle at least early in the year (secondary coverage) if not through the whole year (O-line and defensive pass rush) just got completely obliterated to the point that nothing else really mattered. Oddly though the only even faintly bright spots on these units were the young guys (Armstead collapsing the pocket, and Acker once again really good in run support, and although he got chewed up and spit out by Antonio Brown, he never really got totally embarrassed like Bethea and Reid did).

So, if we've learned anything so far (and I doubt we have) it's this: The 9ers should be able to beat really bad teams, have a punchers chance against other decent teams, and should get their bell rung by good teams. With how tough the schedule is I still think 6-10 or so is realistic, but 8-8 isn't outside the realm of possibility. I still think they'll start out at 2-6 though, or 3-5 if they're lucky.

Good write up.

I'm curious how they respond to this loss. It seems pretty obvious they cheated up to stop the run and short passing game and it worked great against the Vikings who never figured it out and didn't have any game tape to study before playing you but now with game tape opponents will try Pits strategy of going over the top and opening up the running.

I'm curious to see if you guys can compensate for the deep ball without falling apart underneath. It makes for an interesting watch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ohby545 said:
greenblue_eye's2":3ohby545 said:

And Minny wasn't playing at 10:00 AM body time either.

Marvin49

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":29rv8lc6 said:
Marvin49":29rv8lc6 said:
greenblue_eye's2":29rv8lc6 said:

Excuse me Doctor Spin...But did I address you in any way, shape, or form??? Someone on this thread "mentioned" that it was kind of ridiculous for the NFL to schedule a MNF Game when you have another game within a few days, and I just replied with an answer that Tim Kawakami had tweeted?! "That the Forty-Niners had asked for the MNF Game."

Apparently I have gotten under your skin in someway, or another, because there is absolutely no other reason for you to be b*tching me out when it comes to my comments. Especially when my comments are in no way directed towards you, Smdh?! After all this is not 49ers Webzone were the Mods "ban" you for saying anything negative about your spent out comments that you have made, or for being critical of the Niners.

1) When Levi's opened in 2013 it was a "known fact" that the 49ers would forgo having MNF, & Thursday Night Football also, due to the fact that there would be Traffic Nightmares on all the Freeways. Since Levi's is surrounding by Tech Companies....Everyone in the Bay KNEW that Marvin, so why are you addressing that "fact" with me, I know this Bro?! With SB 50 being held at Levi's it understandable that Junior would want to show case the Broiler...I do not have an issue with that, do you???

2) I am sorry that your team got blown out today Marvin, but you don't have to b*tch me out because you're po'ed...I just pointed out that the Vikings flew all the way from the Mid-West, to Santa Clara CA., & played on the same days rest the Niners had, and beat their opponent. My team unfortunately lost today also, but you don't see me b*tching anyone out because of that.

Wow.

I'm sorry, who got under who's skin there?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
rlkats":3qkdpqcf said:
Oh as much as I disline Kap he could do nothing better today. A oline that had him running for his life. Still did 33 / 46 for 335 yard a 2 td. 0 pics.

Interestingly the 49'ers had 14 minutes more TOP than the Steelers. Twice inside the 5 and came away with 3 points once and stuffed on 4th-and-1 on the other.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
RichNhansom":37fd29q9 said:

Can't be. The refs like the Stealers best. /Seahawk Fans :0190l:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":2x0bqaa4 said:
rlkats":2x0bqaa4 said:
Oh as much as I disline Kap he could do nothing better today. A oline that had him running for his life. Still did 33 / 46 for 335 yard a 2 td. 0 pics.

Interestingly the 49'ers had 14 minutes more TOP than the Steelers. Twice inside the 5 and came away with 3 points once and stuffed on 4th-and-1 on the other.

Game was over in first half.

Basically..this is how it went.

Niners move the ball and Boldin drops pass on 3rd down. Punt.

Steelers hit deep pass and score a few plays later.

Niners drive inside the 15 but only get three after holding penalty and 2 screens that go for losses and a 3rd down sack

Steelers hit deep pass and score a few plays later.

Niners can't move the ball and sacked for 17 yard loss on third down. Punt.

Steelers hit deep pass and score.

Niners get the ball and start moving it...and then fumble.

Steelers hit long pass and score a few plays later.

Niners get a first down but in the end do nothing with the ball before the half

Niners get ball to start second half, get a first down but holding call stops the drive essentially. Punt.

Steelers 3 and out!!!!!!

Niners drive to the one and Miller drops ball in the endzone.

Steelers 3 and out!!!!!!

Niners drive the field and score TD.

Steelers hit long pass and score a few plays later.

Niners hit long pass and score.

Steelers hit long pass and score a few plays later. (Sigh...I'm sensing a pattern)

Niners drive the length of the field and Kap tripped up on 4th and Goal. Was on a bout the 1 foot line.

Game.

Niners were able to move the ball...problems were getting pressure and deep coverage. Never seen anything like it. I mean jeez...law of averages would tell you that they'd miss one of those on their own at least once. Nope. Hit just about every deep throw.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2m5oon0x said:
Weadoption":2m5oon0x said:

The niners are going to do poorly the rest of the year no matter what time of day it is.
Minn. And SF are both bad. Neither will matter in the post season. Minn. May tease you and play spoiler but they aren't anything to pay attention to

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":2fbm0jeh said:
hawksfansinceday1":2fbm0jeh said:
Weadoption":2fbm0jeh said:

The niners are going to do poorly the rest of the year no matter what time of day it is.
Minn. And SF are both bad. Neither will matter in the post season. Minn. May tease you and play spoiler but they aren't anything to pay attention to

Well Vikings have at least one win right now putting the ball into the hands of their playmaker Adrian Peterson unlike another team that hasnt figured it out yet sigh 8)

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Marvin49":30481igm said:
greenblue_eye's2":30481igm said:
Marvin49":30481igm said:
greenblue_eye's2":30481igm said:

Wow.

I'm sorry, who got under who's skin there?

For reals?!....lolz I simply made an "FYI" comment to no one impeticular, and you b*tch "me" out, like a Bat outta hell?!?! Yeah right Bro, you need to get over yourself. I don't have an issue with you, but it seems like you have a BIG issue with me, otherwise you would not have commented on my reply to NO ONE impeticular, all I'm doing is spilling the Tea on the truth. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts