Who are the Hawks going to target in FA?

A-Dog

Reaction score
pcbball12":2qz5yyrm said:
SoCalSeahawk":2qz5yyrm said:
flmmkrz":2qz5yyrm said:
There is some serious talent coming in the draft on the dline that I don't think the team is going to throw all its money at Campbell. He's proven and it would be a big pick up but there should be a choice of 3-4 guys at our draft spot that could really bolster the dline going forward without a big cash splash. I tend to think that despite the talk they will throw some money at the oline, they're in win now mode and they need a right tackle. I think they're set on Fant as the lt but the rt position was a problem all year so I believe they solidify that.

My thoughts as well. This is the year to spend on the oline in free agency. Whitworth on a two year and a younger RT would be ideal, but even an older RT that could fill the gap for even one year would be OK with me. The defensive talent in this draft is very good, no reason to spend big in free agency on that side imo.
Overall, this draft is very deep and talented. However, interior DLine is not a strength in this draft at all, especially if you're looking for a guy that can rush the passer from inside. This draft is deep in secondary talent, RB, WR, TE, and interior OL. So, targeting an interior rusher in FA is the better route IMO. Would rather attack the talent in the draft.
This draft is very strong in EDGE players (4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB). It's also very strong in the secondary. IMO we should use our first three picks on these positions.

RB and TE we can get very good players in the 3rd round.

pcbball12

Reaction score
A-Dog":1286b32v said:
pcbball12":1286b32v said:
SoCalSeahawk":1286b32v said:
flmmkrz":1286b32v said:
There is some serious talent coming in the draft on the dline that I don't think the team is going to throw all its money at Campbell. He's proven and it would be a big pick up but there should be a choice of 3-4 guys at our draft spot that could really bolster the dline going forward without a big cash splash. I tend to think that despite the talk they will throw some money at the oline, they're in win now mode and they need a right tackle. I think they're set on Fant as the lt but the rt position was a problem all year so I believe they solidify that.

My thoughts as well. This is the year to spend on the oline in free agency. Whitworth on a two year and a younger RT would be ideal, but even an older RT that could fill the gap for even one year would be OK with me. The defensive talent in this draft is very good, no reason to spend big in free agency on that side imo.
Overall, this draft is very deep and talented. However, interior DLine is not a strength in this draft at all, especially if you're looking for a guy that can rush the passer from inside. This draft is deep in secondary talent, RB, WR, TE, and interior OL. So, targeting an interior rusher in FA is the better route IMO. Would rather attack the talent in the draft.
This draft is very strong in EDGE players (4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB). It's also very strong in the secondary. IMO we should use our first three picks on these positions.

RB and TE we can get very good players in the 3rd round.
Ya, it is a pretty decent edge draft as well. Although, I do not think it is the strength of this draft. I think there is a group of late 1st early 2nd round talents at edge and after that it kind of falls off a bit. I would be ok getting one of those guys if the price is right. But, interior rushers in this class are few and far between. After Jonathan Allen and Solomon Thomas (who are both top 10), there is Malik McDowell (probably gone by 26) and Caleb Brantley (who most certainly will not be the BPA when we pick at 26). So, I like the approach of hitting a 3 tech in FA as well as a vet Tackle.