Who do we root for this Thursday?

seabowl

Reaction score
Minn or AZ? I think we have almost zero chance of catching AZ so I would say to hope Minn loses. Thoughts?

The Outfield

Reaction score
I vote rooting against Arizona. That scenario isn't dead at all. Minnesota still has to play Green Bay, so one of those teams will get a loss and put us in really good shape.

Cartire

Reaction score
Thursdays the last day to root against AZ. If Minny loses, we cant win the division. After that, we want GB to lose no matter what.

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

nategreat

Reaction score
Cartire":37gk7w5n said:
Thursdays the last day to root against AZ. If Minny loses, we cant win the division. After that, we want GB to lose no matter what.

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

We could actually still win the division if Arizona wins, FYI. They'd have to lose their next two to Philly and Green Bay, but it's not off the table quite yet.

Cartire

Reaction score
nategreat":1ponoxa8 said:
Cartire":1ponoxa8 said:

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

We could actually still win the division if Arizona wins, FYI. They'd have to lose their next two to Philly and Green Bay, but it's not off the table quite yet.

From every calculator Ive done, that is incorrect. In a tie at 11-5 (the most we can get), AZ wins the tie-breaker unless they lose to both Vikes and GB. If they beat the vikings, the worst they can do it 11-5. And they would own the tiebreaker.

IF someone else has updated information (possibly cowboys win out increasing our SOV) please correct me.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Cartire":2b3y4o48 said:
nategreat":2b3y4o48 said:
Cartire":2b3y4o48 said:

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

From every calculator Ive done, that is incorrect. In a tie at 11-5 (the most we can get), AZ wins the tie-breaker unless they lose to both Vikes and GB. If they beat the vikings, the worst they can do it 11-5. And they would own the tiebreaker.

IF someone else has updated information (possibly cowboys win out increasing our SOV) please correct me.

You're absolutely correct, I got the same. The only Cards game that has no effect on us is the Philly game.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Cartire":21wzspzl said:
nategreat":21wzspzl said:
Cartire":21wzspzl said:

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that we can win the division regardless of which two games Arizona loses, as long as we beat Arizona, we tie at 11-5, and our conference records tie. I think we will have equivalent records in common opponents (assuming that AZ beats MIN but loses to GB), and next tiebreaker is SOV. That can still change a fair amount over the last four weeks, so hard to imagine there aren't scenarios where we could either win or lose that tiebreak.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I'll root for Minnesota no question. Either way, no harm no foul, but if somehow they can beat the Cards the possibilities are endless...

Optimus25

Reaction score
I'm completely going for Arizona. I want guaranteed playoffs, seeding doesn't matter with this team. We can actually benefit from playing spoiler and road warrior IMO. truthfully though i just want them to beat the crap out of each other.

Cartire

Reaction score
jkitsune":33o6rl73 said:
Cartire":33o6rl73 said:
nategreat":33o6rl73 said:
Cartire":33o6rl73 said:

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that we can win the division regardless of which two games Arizona loses, as long as we beat Arizona, we tie at 11-5, and our conference records tie. I think we will have equivalent records in common opponents (assuming that AZ beats MIN but loses to GB), and next tiebreaker is SOV. That can still change a fair amount over the last four weeks, so hard to imagine there aren't scenarios where we could either win or lose that tiebreak.

Ok, I found the only scenario where this happens. It took me awhile.

Some quick info (Kearly kinda covered this). AZ has beaten every single common opponent we have with them except 1. The Stealers. If AZ beats Minn, but loses to both Eagles and GB, AND, the Stealers win 3 out of the next 4, AND, we win out. We would own the tie-breaker. EDIT: OH, and The Bengals can only win 2 of the next 4.

Thats a lot to hope for if Vikes lose on thursday. BUT, it is possible.

kearly

Reaction score
Cartire":2k7jglt9 said:

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

:13:

Fade

Reaction score
Seattle's chances go up significantly to win a Superbowl if they can snatch the #2 seed. If it is still on the table I will be rooting for it to happen however unlikely it is.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Fade":30k02yfq said:
Seattle's chances go up significantly to win a Superbowl if they can snatch the #2 seed. If it is still on the table I will be rooting for it to happen however unlikely it is.

I hear you, but if we arent in the playoffs, we cant win the super bowl.

catching AZ is very unlikely. Securing the #5 seed is right there.

If Minnesota beats AZ and gets back on track, we may get pushed to the #6 seed, where we suddenly have to worry about getting left out all together with a strange tie break scenario with Tampa.

I for one want to get in and see what we can do. For me, that means a Minnesota loss to open up the 5 seed for us.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I want Arizona to lose, though with the Minny D beat up, it isn't happening. And Minny is not winning out, should they somehow beat the Cards, and they won't, we will at least beat them for the 5th seed because they are not winning more games than Seattle.

Fade

Reaction score
Hawkpower":n5hbutc7 said:
Fade":n5hbutc7 said:

I hear you, but if we arent in the playoffs, we cant win the super bowl.

catching AZ is very unlikely. Securing the #5 seed is right there.

If Minnesota beats AZ and gets back on track, we may get pushed to the #6 seed, where we suddenly have to worry about getting left out all together with a strange tie break scenario with Tampa.

I for one want to get in and see what we can do. For me, that means a Minnesota loss to open up the 5 seed for us.

Seattle is a lock for the WC. If they can't beat Baltimore, STL, and the Browns. They don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

give me that #2.

Also too if AZ loses to Minny at home, they got problems. Which = good for the Seahawks.

mikeak

Reaction score
We ain't getting no 2. We lost that against Cincy and Panthers

We now want Minnesota to lose and GB to win. That should help us secure the WC

Barakas

Reaction score
Cartire":3v9br4zh said:

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

***** I see this was already answered....didn't read all the way through the thread before responding *****

Mathematically, there is still a way for Seattle to win the Division even if AZ beats the Vikings this week. It would fall to the Strength of Victory tie breaker and while playing with the Playoff Machine at ESPN there is a way for Seattle to surpass AZ in SOV if the dominoes fall the right way over the next month.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Essentially if AZ beats the Vikings we would need them to lose their last three remaining games while Seattle won all of their remaining games. Then we need the Bengals, Vikings, and the Saints to lose a good number of games while the Cowboys and the Stealers win most of theirs.

Hell, we can still win the #2 seed if the universe likes us enough!! That would only require the above plus GB losing two of their remaining games except for the one against AZ. :)