Who do we root for this Thursday?

ringless

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3ie9gs2d said:
I want Arizona to lose, though with the Minny D beat up, it isn't happening. And Minny is not winning out, should they somehow beat the Cards, and they won't, we will at least beat them for the 5th seed because they are not winning more games than Seattle.

If you look at Minnesota's body of work this year they seemed to have been the definition of a paper tiger.
They are #30 In total Offense
#31 In passing Offense
#5 In rushing Offense
#28 19.83 In scoring offense

On Defense:
#15 On overall Defense
#6 In passing Defense
#22 In rushing Defense
#6 in socring Defense at 19.33 PPG

Offense (30th)
Defense (15th)
Net scoring points: 6
Most times that team isn't 8-4

They dropped games against Denver, Seattle, Green Bay, SF,
0-3 In prime time.

DVOA prior to this weeks had them at 13th (Average)

They are more like a 6-6 team as opposed to 8-4, but that's just my opinion. When you look at that, you'd almost thing one was talking about the Rams.

Looking at their last 6 weeks they've struggled even in their wins. They are 4-2, but almost dropped games to the Bears, and Rams as well which could have just as easily been a 2-4 team instead.

Basically, I am a lot less impressed with them the more I look at the team. DVOA ratings haven't even been updated to reflect the game against Seattle either and that will certainly have them trending down further.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cartire":3ax8x2li said:
Thursdays the last day to root against AZ. If Minny loses, we cant win the division. After that, we want GB to lose no matter what.

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

This. I'm rooting for Minny. After that, sadly, I pull for the Cards.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ringless":19cdix98 said:
Scottemojo":19cdix98 said:
I want Arizona to lose, though with the Minny D beat up, it isn't happening. And Minny is not winning out, should they somehow beat the Cards, and they won't, we will at least beat them for the 5th seed because they are not winning more games than Seattle.

If you look at Minnesota's body of work this year they seemed to have been the definition of a paper tiger.
#31 In passing Offense
#5 In rushing Offense

On Defense:
#15 On overall Defense
#6 In passing Defense
#22 In rushing Defense

Offense (30th)
Defense (15th)

0-3 In prime time.

They are more like a 6-6 team as opposed to 8-4, but that's just my opinion. When you look at that, you'd almost thing one was talking about the Rams.

Looking at their last 6 weeks they've struggled even in their wins. They are 4-2, but almost dropped games to the Bears, and Rams as well which could have just as easily been a 2-4 team instead.

Basically, I am a lot less impressed with them the more I look at the team. DVOA ratings haven't even been updated to reflect the game against Seattle either and that will certainly have them trending down further.

Advanced stats are cool.

I also know what I saw. I saw a depleted D that cannot stop Arizona.

Don't worry, you got this. Only way you lose is is you make way too many self inflicted mistakes. Or AP goes for 200.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Root for the Vikings. Catching AZ for the division is slim, but stranger things have happened.

rjdriver

Reaction score
You have to root for Minnesota even though the odds are very unlikely that we win the division.

The potential upside to Arizona winning is that they may rest their starters when they play us if they have nothing left to play for. This gives us an additional advantage of making the playoffs, as a Carson-less Arizona team should be much easier to defeat. It's possible however, that Arizona could still be in the hunt for a one seed.

kf3339

Reaction score
Hawkpower":oo734aff said:
Fade":oo734aff said:
Seattle's chances go up significantly to win a Superbowl if they can snatch the #2 seed. If it is still on the table I will be rooting for it to happen however unlikely it is.

I hear you, but if we arent in the playoffs, we cant win the super bowl.

catching AZ is very unlikely. Securing the #5 seed is right there.

If Minnesota beats AZ and gets back on track, we may get pushed to the #6 seed, where we suddenly have to worry about getting left out all together with a strange tie break scenario with Tampa.

I for one want to get in and see what we can do. For me, that means a Minnesota loss to open up the 5 seed for us.

^ This.

The chances are so slim that we could catch Arizona it makes no sense to want the Vikings to win. The #5 seed is far more important right now as it makes the first playoff game against the NFC East champion almost like a walkover. None of those teams are making it past that first playoff game.

So for me it's hoping to see the Vikings lose.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
After this Sunday, the Play-Off odds will be cut in half and the Play-Off picture will quickly clear. Just be patient my fellow posters.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Fade":1vldn5om said:
Hawkpower":1vldn5om said:
Fade":1vldn5om said:
Seattle's chances go up significantly to win a Superbowl if they can snatch the #2 seed. If it is still on the table I will be rooting for it to happen however unlikely it is.

I hear you, but if we arent in the playoffs, we cant win the super bowl.

catching AZ is very unlikely. Securing the #5 seed is right there.

If Minnesota beats AZ and gets back on track, we may get pushed to the #6 seed, where we suddenly have to worry about getting left out all together with a strange tie break scenario with Tampa.

I for one want to get in and see what we can do. For me, that means a Minnesota loss to open up the 5 seed for us.

Seattle is a lock for the WC. If they can't beat Baltimore, STL, and the Browns. They don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

give me that #2.

Also too if AZ loses to Minny at home, they got problems. Which = good for the Seahawks.

So they're a lock for the playoffs unless they aren't?

File 113199 0 Lego Vitruvius header

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Realistically it would be best if AZ beats Minny. That would put us in pole position for the #5 seed. I'd much rather face one of the NFC east chumps than Green Bay.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":10oxizb8 said:
ringless":10oxizb8 said:
Scottemojo":10oxizb8 said:

#31 In passing Offense
#5 In rushing Offense

On Defense:
#15 On overall Defense
#6 In passing Defense
#22 In rushing Defense

Offense (30th)
Defense (15th)

0-3 In prime time.

Advanced stats are cool.

I also know what I saw. I saw a depleted D that cannot stop Arizona.

Don't worry, you got this. Only way you lose is is you make way too many self inflicted mistakes. Or AP goes for 200.

The last time AP complained about his lack of touches, he got almost 30 in the next game.

I'm putting my hopes in a pissed-off AP. As long as the division is a possibility, I want it. I don't care about which WC we get while the division is still in play.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Go Vikings!

Until the 2nd seed is mathematically impossible anything that screws up the Cardinals is good.

After that, GB losing and the Vikings splitting is perfectly fine.

RCATES

Reaction score
100% root for Minny. If Arizona loses this game and one of (@Philly/vs.Packers) and then loses to Seattle in the season finally the Hawks can win the division. We just need the Steelers and Cowboys to keep winning and finish with a better combined record then Bengals/Saints. Last nights Cowboys win was huge and gets everything started :)

12thbrah

Reaction score
Either way we win!

At this point would rather have Minny lose so we can get the #5 seed and play the donkey NFC East champs

idahawks

Reaction score
Minnesota, this is no contest, we've got the wild card in hand why not hope for the division, This is a no brainer. We are still alive for the #2 seed which means a bye the first round and a home game, we can't do it without winning the division.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
No doubt I want the Vikings to win. I want our game at Arizona to mean something - go in there and take their SOULS - AGAIN!

Makes their GB game a toss up...GB wins...we have a shot at the division. GB loses to Cards, that makes GB/Vikes game in week 17 where loser is no better than 10-6. WIN-WIN. ONLY bad thing about GB winning (in that scenario) is...#3 seed is then more likely. (As long as we win out...)

But...not keeping my hopes up. Arians' team is undefeated at home against non-division opponents.

EDIT: Vikings winning out makes them 12-4... :hmmmm:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The Refs....they have not won a game this season....

Ok....really now. Against our division....gotta go with the Vikings. There is actually a contingent of fans in Meridian that dress up for the part too. Seen them a few times. Also a friend of mine in town is a vike fan. So Go Vikes.

rideaducati

Reaction score
mikeak":lx1b6wgm said:
We ain't getting no 2. We lost that against Cincy and Panthers

We now want Minnesota to lose and GB to win. That should help us secure the WC

No, "we" don't. "We" want the Vikings to win their division and this game so it hurts our division rival and lessens the chances of having to play in Green Bay. There is still a chance for the Seahawks to win the division, so "we" should all be rooting for that to happen.