Who do you like, 49ers or Packers?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Let's not make this a discussion on which state sucks more, and why.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
To answer the question...I dont like either team...but from news reports I saw Seattle fans and GB fans were getting along fairly well at the local drinking holes before the game. Go Titans!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3jjyxxv0 said:
To answer the question...I dont like either team...but from news reports I saw Seattle fans and GB fans were getting along fairly well at the local drinking holes before the game. Go Titans!

Packer fans are a nice enough bunch, really.

I just dont like Rodgers.

94Smith

Reaction score
Darn right we didn't want to face you guys again. Russell Wilson is amazing at avoiding pressure and this negates our biggest defensive advantage, pass rush

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
94Smith":xnjocved said:
Darn right we didn't want to face you guys again. Russell Wilson is amazing at avoiding pressure and this negates our biggest defensive advantage, pass rush

Aaron Rodgers can't out run our pass rush. We will get to him just as we did in the last game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's nice to see that SOME 49ers fans can actually acknowledge that the Hawks would have had a real shot next week. But, the Pack played better. And the Hawks dug their own hole in the 1st half, AGAIN.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2gkt16yb said:
94Smith":2gkt16yb said:

Aaron Rodgers can't out run our pass rush. We will get to him just as we did in the last game.

RPrFAB

Washington49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":67zbdnoy said:
It's nice to see that SOME 49ers fans can actually acknowledge that the Hawks would have had a real shot next week. But, the Pack played better. And the Hawks dug their own hole in the 1st half, AGAIN.

Dude seriously, I don't think my heart could handle another Hawks vs 9ers game this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1txb8g4c said:

I don't want this to come off as disrespect for the Packers because they can certainly win the game, but I don't think I'd have survived Niners-Seahawks round 3. I don't think I've ever deviated from that. I wanted no part of that game.

That can easily be viewed as disrespect toward the Packers. Its really not. It's much more about NOT wanting to play the Seahawks than WANTING to play GB.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16l6gnbc said:
Seanhawk":16l6gnbc said:
Neither. I like neither. Go AFC.
This. Holding my nose and rooting for Erin, which makes me feel like a dirty hooker.
No offense to dirty hookers.

None taken.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Marvin49":1waxnvtr said:
SoulfishHawk":1waxnvtr said:

I don't want this to come off as disrespect for the Packers because they can certainly win the game, but I don't think I'd have survived Niners-Seahawks round 3. I don't think I've ever deviated from that. I wanted no part of that game.

That can easily be viewed as disrespect toward the Packers. Its really not. It's much more about NOT wanting to play the Seahawks than WANTING to play GB.

I get it completely. Green Bay matches up very well with the Seahawks, not so much with the 49ers. Hopefully our coaches and players learned something the first time we met and they plan accordingly. Still, how do you cover Kittle??

Marvin49

Reaction score
PackerNation":2fub7zcx said:
Marvin49":2fub7zcx said:
SoulfishHawk":2fub7zcx said:

I get it completely. Green Bay matches up very well with the Seahawks, not so much with the 49ers. Hopefully our coaches and players learned something the first time we met and they plan accordingly. Still, how do you cover Kittle??

Clearly, the Packers will look to do something different, but Niners are also a lot healthier now.

That was Kittles first game back. Joe Staley didn't play in that game (and Packers abused his replacement, Skule). Dee Ford didn't play in that game. Kwon Alexander didn't play in that game.

The Niner D showed cracks down the stretch but quite a bit of that was the loss of Alexander, Tartt and especially Ford. The D started looking like itself for the first time in a while this past week.

Getting those three guys back, getting the bye (they hadn't had one since week 4) made a HUGE difference.

All of that points to a good outcome for SF...

...but you guys still have Aaron freakin Rodgers. LOL. I put nothing past him.

knownone

Reaction score
Let's look at this last game. The Packers have been incredibly fortunate from a health perspective all season. They just struggled to beat a Seattle team with the 2nd most injuries in the league. They don't really have a legitimate receiving option outside of Adams, and their defense is ranked 31st in adjusted yards given up to running backs. On top of that, Seattle's 28th ranked defense made GB's running game a non-factor, and for the most part they held Rodgers in check.

The Niners run a variation of the Seahawks defense and they run it at a much higher level. So if Seattle could slow down the Pack's rushing attack, the Niners will cripple it. The Niners run the ball as well or better than anyone, and If the Packers can't stop them from running, the game won't even be close.

I don't see how the Packers win this game. They don't have the weapons on offense to match the Niners point for point, and they don't have a defense that can hang for 4 quarters without wearing down.

TreeRon

Reaction score
49ers were my team as a kid living in Pleasant Hill. I saw games at Kezar stadium with my Dad. I saw John Brodie, Dave Parks, RC Owens and Gayle Sayers play there. I have a YA Tittle signed football somewhere. The Seahawks were formed when I was an adult living in Portland and thus they became my team.
I'm 15 again and rooting for the 49ers on this one.

PackerNation

Reaction score
knownone":3c20s2px said:
Let's look at this last game. The Packers have been incredibly fortunate from a health perspective all season. They just struggled to beat a Seattle team with the 2nd most injuries in the league. They don't really have a legitimate receiving option outside of Adams, and their defense is ranked 31st in adjusted yards given up to running backs. On top of that, Seattle's 28th ranked defense made GB's running game a non-factor, and for the most part they held Rodgers in check.

The Niners run a variation of the Seahawks defense and they run it at a much higher level. So if Seattle could slow down the Pack's rushing attack, the Niners will cripple it. The Niners run the ball as well or better than anyone, and If the Packers can't stop them from running, the game won't even be close.

I don't see how the Packers win this game. They don't have the weapons on offense to match the Niners point for point, and they don't have a defense that can hang for 4 quarters without wearing down.

Me either. I didn't see the Saints or Ravens losing either.

But that's why they play the games!

94Smith

Reaction score
How do they win?

Packers do well against the run and force the 49ers into multiple 3rd and longs. Smith brothers generate pressure and force turnovers either through interceptions or fumbles creating a short field or pick 6.

Packers dominate red zone defense and 49ers kick field goals instead of touchdowns

Screen game, multiple dumpoffs to Aaron Jones , quick slants, crossing patterns getting Moseley in a trailing position, misdirection, Rodgers scrambling.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I want the Pack to win, but it ain't gonna happen. Niners are a far superior team. And pile on that, that the NFL would REALLY like to replicate Super Bowl 1, Chiefs/Niners, to cap off their 100'th season. Sooooo.... You tin-hat wearing people, pay close attention to the officiating this next weekend. I wear a half tin-hat, unsure... The NFL is a business, and the #1 purpose of a business is profit. So.... I expect a Chiefs/Niners Super Bowl. That's it. I'm not saying the NFL will fix things because I don't think they need to this weekend. The two best teams left should take care of business, and those teams are the Chiefs and 49ers. Although hell, I could see the Titans take care of bidness.... They looking good!