Who do you like, 49ers or Packers?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I want to see the State Farm Superbowl Patrick vs Aaron.

I am rooting for the Cheifs all day as Mahomes is just fun to watch. I hope next year it is Seattle vs KC as Mahomes and Russ are more similar than people seem to correlate.

Washington49er

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3kvpwxcv said:
I want the Pack to win, but it ain't gonna happen. Niners are a far superior team. And pile on that, that the NFL would REALLY like to replicate Super Bowl 1, Chiefs/Niners, to cap off their 100'th season. Sooooo.... You tin-hat wearing people, pay close attention to the officiating this next weekend. I wear a half tin-hat, unsure... The NFL is a business, and the #1 purpose of a business is profit. So.... I expect a Chiefs/Niners Super Bowl. That's it. I'm not saying the NFL will fix things because I don't think they need to this weekend. The two best teams left should take care of business, and those teams are the Chiefs and 49ers. Although hell, I could see the Titans take care of bidness.... They looking good!

1st Super Bowl was Chiefs vs Packers

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Washington49er":21p6irjr said:
BlueThunder":21p6irjr said:
I want the Pack to win, but it ain't gonna happen. Niners are a far superior team. And pile on that, that the NFL would REALLY like to replicate Super Bowl 1, Chiefs/Niners, to cap off their 100'th season. Sooooo.... You tin-hat wearing people, pay close attention to the officiating this next weekend. I wear a half tin-hat, unsure... The NFL is a business, and the #1 purpose of a business is profit. So.... I expect a Chiefs/Niners Super Bowl. That's it. I'm not saying the NFL will fix things because I don't think they need to this weekend. The two best teams left should take care of business, and those teams are the Chiefs and 49ers. Although hell, I could see the Titans take care of bidness.... They looking good!

1st Super Bowl was Chiefs vs Packers

I stand corrected. I should always check the internet instead of going by memory, which apparently, is failing.... LOL So, looks like you guys are going if my tin-hat theory is correct! :lol: Best of luck Washington49er. I wouldn't be too bummed if you guys took it. You've really turned it around down there. Deserved.

knownone

Reaction score
PackerNation":12b1ur3h said:
knownone":12b1ur3h said:
Let's look at this last game. The Packers have been incredibly fortunate from a health perspective all season. They just struggled to beat a Seattle team with the 2nd most injuries in the league. They don't really have a legitimate receiving option outside of Adams, and their defense is ranked 31st in adjusted yards given up to running backs. On top of that, Seattle's 28th ranked defense made GB's running game a non-factor, and for the most part they held Rodgers in check.

The Niners run a variation of the Seahawks defense and they run it at a much higher level. So if Seattle could slow down the Pack's rushing attack, the Niners will cripple it. The Niners run the ball as well or better than anyone, and If the Packers can't stop them from running, the game won't even be close.

I don't see how the Packers win this game. They don't have the weapons on offense to match the Niners point for point, and they don't have a defense that can hang for 4 quarters without wearing down.

Me either. I didn't see the Saints or Ravens losing either.

But that's why they play the games!
That's fair. I picked the Titans against the Ravens, so that really wasn't a shock to me. In that case, the Titans could do pretty much everything the Ravens could, and IMO they had the best player on the field with Henry. In this case, the Packers have the best player on the field and probably nothing else.

For sure, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I'll be rooting for you guys.

PackerNation

Reaction score
94Smith":3crriwfg said:
How do they win?

Packers do well against the run and force the 49ers into multiple 3rd and longs. Smith brothers generate pressure and force turnovers either through interceptions or fumbles creating a short field or pick 6.

Packers dominate red zone defense and 49ers kick field goals instead of touchdowns

Screen game, multiple dumpoffs to Aaron Jones , quick slants, crossing patterns getting Moseley in a trailing position, misdirection, Rodgers scrambling.

Packers need to game plan like the Rams did back in Dec. Play action, roll outs, quick passes and keep the defense guessing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsoIAtu ... ure=onebox

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
PackerNation":2sshyd68 said:
94Smith":2sshyd68 said:
How do they win?

Packers do well against the run and force the 49ers into multiple 3rd and longs. Smith brothers generate pressure and force turnovers either through interceptions or fumbles creating a short field or pick 6.

Packers dominate red zone defense and 49ers kick field goals instead of touchdowns

Screen game, multiple dumpoffs to Aaron Jones , quick slants, crossing patterns getting Moseley in a trailing position, misdirection, Rodgers scrambling.

Packers need to game plan like the Rams did back in Dec. Play action, roll outs, quick passes and keep the defense guessing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsoIAtu ... ure=onebox

If you guys win, and that's a BIG if, it will be because Rogers is clutch, has that experience. Jimmy G doesn't have that. He's good, but he hasn't shown that clutch performance where he takes a team on his back yet. That will be the difference if the Packers prevail. Much as I hated the loss we put up a good fight for sure. Honestly I'd rather see the Pack win and go on to lose to Tennesee (or maybe KC). Either way I expect (and hope) the AFC wins. Both because I'm pissed at both NFC teams and because I've always been an "underdog" fan and neither other team has ever won a superb owl. :mrgreen:

Oh but the "go pack go" BS, thank GOD the game is in Santa Clara and we don't gotta hear that garbage. I HATE that! :pukeface:

Ambrose83

Reaction score
9ers are juust the better team on both sides of the ball, I think this game goes about the same as the first

SlickRick

Reaction score
I feel like the 49ers may be too much for the packers to handle,but wouldn't be surprised if Erin & company pulls off an upset(due to Erin's playoff experience over Jimmy G).

Superbowl will be 49ers Vs Chiefs in my opinion with the chiefs winning. If Mahomes looks like he did against the Texans when he came back 24-0 & they put a 50 burger on them. I can see the superbowl ending up

Chiefs 35 - Niners 28 Final close game but Chiefs with Mahomes is scary

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
I expect Green Bay to attack the outside with quick routes, wr screens, orbit motion and quick outs. They’ll make the 49ers run early. Then later in the game, if it’s still close, I expect a commitment to power football.

94Smith

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":23qib7xy said:
Oh but the "go pack go" BS, thank GOD the game is in Santa Clara and we don't gotta hear that garbage. I HATE that! :pukeface:

:ditto: Hah! Now you know how we feel when you guys chant SEA ..........HAWKS. Sound like a bunch of barking seals

Washington49er

Reaction score
94Smith":1df35s2f said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":1df35s2f said:

:ditto: Hah! Now you know how we feel when you guys chant SEA ..........HAWKS. Sound like a bunch of barking seals

I hear in the local bar all the time. It always reminds me of Hee Haw, Hee Haw

rlkats

Reaction score
I would love to see the last play of the game go like this.

Rodgers drops back, the score is 28-14(niners up). Bosa and Ford drop him for a 10yd loss as time expires and the entire 49ers team does the discount double check.

I know not professional, but damn it would be funny.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Washington49er":41vmo5ws said:
94Smith":41vmo5ws said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":41vmo5ws said:

I hear in the local bar all the time. It always reminds me of Hee Haw, Hee Haw
Must make you feel warm and fuzzy then cuz we know you've got every episode on VHS

BoX916

Reaction score
It would been more satisfying playing the hawks to go to the Super Bowl but yes if I had to choose a team to play would been the pack. Mainly because of Russel, he finds ways to keep your team in the game and always a strike away from winning it. Pack better be ready this is the Best D the niners can put out and it’s not that water down defense they face last time.. Werner last time had to keep turning around yelling at his team to get people in correct places. Now he don’t have to tell anyone anything and just do his job.