Who is the best pass rusher is Hawks history.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Steve2222":3g9m2mte said:
Donald is most definitely an interior DL lol. I hope you’re not being serious.

Skillset wise, and on the Rams roster you're correct. I agree he's a traditional interior DL. I just find it odd that a number of other websites list him as a DE. He CERTAINLY played interior lineman at Pitt. In the Rams defense, they tend to use a lot of 3 down linemen, with a LB tossed into the mix.

I'm not making an arguement that he isn't an interior DL. I'm saying he's not utilized the same way TEZ was as a pure interior lineman. Yup, it's semantics. Heck, even NFL.com and ESPN list him as a D End. http://www.nfl.com/player/aarondonald/2543485/profile

Either way Donald is a freak athlete and they throw him into a TON of interesting defensive looks. He's hands down the best d-linemen in the league today.

[youtube]j1Dgdn2niKM[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
1992 Tez
1998 Michael Sinclair
1980's Jacob Green

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Aros":38qtr1cw said:
1992 Tez
1998 Michael Sinclair
1980's Jacob Green

Tez's 1992 season was pure gold. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2pm78yps said:
Steve2222":2pm78yps said:
Donald is most definitely an interior DL lol. I hope you’re not being serious.

Skillset wise, and on the Rams roster you're correct. I agree he's a traditional interior DL. I just find it odd that a number of other websites list him as a DE. He CERTAINLY played interior lineman at Pitt. In the Rams defense, they tend to use a lot of 3 down linemen, with a LB tossed into the mix.

I'm not making an arguement that he isn't an interior DL. I'm saying he's not utilized the same way TEZ was as a pure interior lineman. Yup, it's semantics. Heck, even NFL.com and ESPN list him as a D End. http://www.nfl.com/player/aarondonald/2543485/profile

Either way Donald is a freak athlete and they throw him into a TON of interesting defensive looks. He's hands down the best d-linemen in the league today.

[youtube]j1Dgdn2niKM[/youtube]

The Rams run a 3-4 base defense. Yes he’s listed as a DE, because he doesn’t play NT. The WILL linebacker lined up on his side is essentially the DE, as he’s a rush linebacker. Donald is 80% of the time lined up in either the 3 or 4 technique, meaning over the guard or inside of the tackle (which is interior). If Donald played on a 4-3 defense, he would be listed as a DT.

No one who watches the NFL considers Donald a DE. He’s a prototype DT. Donald doesn’t have 16.5 sacks because he’s listed as a DE and a dedicated pass rusher. He has 16.5 sacks because he’s the best player in football, and possibly the best defensive player ever. He’s f’ing amazing.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Tez was the master of destroying quarterbacks :rumble:

Seafan

Reaction score
Michael McCrary was the best and Randy Mueller let him walk. Cliff Avril had similar skill but not as productive.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seafan":1o5h65pv said:
Michael McCrary was the best and Randy Mueller let him walk. Cliff Avril had similar skill but not as productive.

Hmm, the guy who had a better career on another team. Yeah, he's the guy.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":25ivn3mv said:
Michael Sinclair at his peak. He had a great 3 seasons then lost a step due to diabetes.

If only we had a QB in those days.

Michael Sinclair returned a blocked Al del Greco field goal attempt for a game-winning touchdown at the Kingdome, circa early November, 1996. Must be my (Seahawk) Finest Hour. I yelled and screamed - I was THERE!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seafan":1iit91gj said:

I’d take Sinclair over McCrary

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I have fond memories watching every player listed here.

But, I looked at each players numbers and Jacob Green is by far the best pass rusher in Hawks history. He just plain dominated from ‘83-‘88 with 16, 13, 13,5, 12, 9.5 & 9 sacks. In ‘90, he had 12 more.

MBennett had 8.5, 7, 10 from ‘13-15.

MSinclar had 13, 12, 16.5 from ‘96-‘98.

THE TABS

Reaction score
getnasty":1l4msw0q said:
I feel like Michael Sinclair was pretty good but doesn't get the love he deserves. He might not have had the most sack numbers wise but Tez had to be the best.

Sinclair was a one-trick pony that ALWAYS disappeared against quality RTs. Vastly overrated player, and didn’t earn a penny of the huge extension he was given back in 1999.

My pick is Michael McCreary. He was only here for one season, and only started half the games, but still led the league in sacks. He signed with Baltimore the next season and went to have a very good career. Definitely should have kept him instead of Sinclair.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
John Randle's 137.5 career sacks ranks him 9th all-time. Hard to dismiss him. I guess it comes down to who was the best pass rusher *as a Seahawk* or who was the best pass rusher who played at least part of his career as a Seahawk.

D

DomeHawk

Sox-n-Hawks":31vhhg8i said:
Tez, and it's not even close. I'm pretty sure he still holds the NFL single season sack record for an interior linemen. Watching Tez play was a thing of beauty. Too bad he died so young, such a legend.

A valid argument could be made for Jacob Green and John Randle. For me though, it will always be Tez.

^^^^^This, because seriously, an interior lineman with 16 sacks in a season?

chris98251

Reaction score
Phillip Daniels was also a guy that was not brought back after showing he could play and went to the Bears and had a good career.

olyfan63

Reaction score
#1, Jacob Green, for the whole package.
#2, Cliff Avril, in terms of impact on big games. Avril should have been SB48 MVP.
Avril leaving SB49 is what allowed the Pats to come from 10 down in the 4th Qtr.
Chris Clemons was quite good as well.
Then a whole bunch of guys who had their moments, including Bennett, Sinclair, Kerney. Of course, Kerney sucked once he ripped up one of his rotator cuffs, I think it was.