Reaction score
all of them except Joekel

we can get it done

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rat":1gm15trx said:
Sgt. Largent":1gm15trx said:
Rat":1gm15trx said:
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record with this, but do what you have to do to keep P-Rich around. He's a big time playmaker who has really been coming into his own. I think he has been much better this year than his stats would lead most to believe.

I said this last week, I think we can sign Richardson for a Kearse type deal. 2-3 years at 2-3M a year.

1. I don't think anyone would give him more than that on the open market. He's slight, and has an injury/production history that would make any team shy away from guaranteeing him more than this.

2. It's good for him too. Take the raise and short term deal, prove that you can stay healthy and produce, and in 2-3 years break the bank.

That's a no brainer if he'll take it.

Totally. And Paul was balling out before his contract year, so I'd feel confident keeping him around.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tepyi42 said:
Rat":1tepyi42 said:
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record with this, but do what you have to do to keep P-Rich around. He's a big time playmaker who has really been coming into his own. I think he has been much better this year than his stats would lead most to believe.

I said this last week, I think we can sign Richardson for a Kearse type deal. 2-3 years at 2-3M a year.

1. I don't think anyone would give him more than that on the open market. He's slight, and has an injury/production history that would make any team shy away from guaranteeing him more than this.

2. It's good for him too. Take the raise and short term deal, prove that you can stay healthy and produce, and in 2-3 years break the bank.

Would be great to get him at that price and length of deal.

Makes little sense from his POV though. If a team isn't willing to sign him to a large long term deal, he, nor his agent would sign a 2 year deal for so little. They would likely go the 1 year route and hit FA again in '19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3m9k056b said:

1. I don't think anyone would give him more than that on the open market. He's slight, and has an injury/production history that would make any team shy away from guaranteeing him more than this..

I think you are severely underestimating how much cap space there is out there among the other teams. The 49ers and Browns, for example, will both have over $100 million in cap space, and both teams need WRs to go with their new QBs (Garoppolo in SF and the #1 overall pick in Cleveland).

Two or three million per year won't get it done.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jeremy517":t1oc8v3a said:
Sgt. Largent":t1oc8v3a said:

1. I don't think anyone would give him more than that on the open market. He's slight, and has an injury/production history that would make any team shy away from guaranteeing him more than this..

I think you are severely underestimating how much cap space there is out there among the other teams. The 49ers and Browns, for example, will both have over $100 million in cap space, and both teams need WRs to go with their new QBs (Garoppolo in SF and the #1 overall pick in Cleveland).

That doesn't mean those teams want to spend their cap space on a 40-50 catch 5-6 TD's a year oft injured skinny fast WR.

Richardson has a bigger upside than Kearse ever did, but Kearse was always healthy and a better blocker. So I'll stick with the comparison.

Of course it's POSSIBLE that another team will offer him more, but I think you're overestimating his FA value. He's a good but not great 3rd WR on most teams. That's 2-3M a year territory.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ldkjno8s said:
Jeremy517":ldkjno8s said:
Sgt. Largent":ldkjno8s said:

That doesn't mean those teams want to spend their cap space on a 40-50 catch 5-6 TD's a year oft injured skinny fast WR.

Richardson has a bigger upside than Kearse ever did, but Kearse was always healthy and a better blocker. So I'll stick with the comparison.

Of course it's POSSIBLE that another team will offer him more, but I think you're overestimating his FA value. He's a good but not great 3rd WR on most teams. That's 2-3M a year territory.

He's going to make more than 2-3 for sure. 40-50 catches here could be 70-80 in a lot of other cities. I think a better comparison is Tate.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Subzero717":17hikwyt said:
He's going to make more than 2-3 for sure. 40-50 catches here could be 70-80 in a lot of other cities. I think a better comparison is Tate.

I'd agree with you if he was as durable as Tate. But he's not. P-Rich also can't return kicks or block even half as well as Tate does, he's one of the best blocking WR's in the entire league.

You might be right, but I don't think so. We shall see.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2u8kd9r5 said:
1. Brown needs to be kept.
2. Jimmy can be Franchise Tagged.
3. If we can keep S.Richardson we should move on from Avril

I'd like to see Paul brought back on a 1 year deal to see if he can continue to say healthy and play at this level
Agree with this. with the exception you have to add Earl to the mix

No to Richardson (good player but just to expensive to pay Baldwin, Graham and PRich)
Lockett's contract is not up so no worries there
Joekel for Vet minimum,

There are going to be cap casualties. The problem with the Team is that besides Griffen, we can't seem to find young talent (draftees or UFAs) to step in and have an impact

purpleneer

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":13d769lz said:
Jeremy517":13d769lz said:
Sgt. Largent":13d769lz said:

I think if he makes it through relatively unhurt, this is a severe undervaluation. And if his market is anywhere near that sluggish, it makes zero sense for him to take a low number on anything other than a one-year deal.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2f5ybces said:
Subzero717":2f5ybces said:

I'd agree with you if he was as durable as Tate. But he's not. P-Rich also can't return kicks or block even half as well as Tate does, he's one of the best blocking WR's in the entire league.

You might be right, but I don't think so. We shall see.

If we can retain PRich for close to 3 mill it is a no brainer to keep him.

I mostly compared him to Tate as in the caliber of receiver I think he could be.

I agree with you on blocking, I guess. I'm not sure what metric you'd use to gauge which WR is better than the other or best in the league. I don't think that's going to make or break what kind of contract he gets anyway.

Fade

Reaction score
Lower their upcoming cap numbers & lock up long term.
-
Duane Brown extension.
Earl Thomas extension.

2015 Rookie Class
-
Frank Clark extension. bye Avril.
Justin Coleman extension. bye Lane.
Tyler Lockett extension. bye Paul.

UFAs
-
Sheldon Richardson.
Jimmy Graham.

As long as all of these guys above get signed they will be fine.

===================

At a Bargain Only UFAs
-
Paul Richardson (Not Likely)
Bradley McDougald (Not Likely)
Byron Maxwell
Luke Willson

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
scrummymustard":3fm7rbhb said:
Wenhawk":3fm7rbhb said:

I'd like to see Paul brought back on a 1 year deal to see if he can continue to say healthy and play at this level

Graham can be franchised for $15+ million, unlikely.
Not a chance.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
scrummymustard":68srg0j4 said:
Wenhawk":68srg0j4 said:

$10 Mil 2017* + 20% raise** = $12 million
*http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/jimmy-graham-6603/
**https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/14/14584232/how-does-the-nfl-franchise-tag-work-players-paid

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Veilside":ylsncijb said:
We tend to focus on the biggest impact players no matter the position. Overall, we pay talent, and that is what I see us continuing to do.

Order of impact:

Earl Thomas
Duane Brown
Sheldon Richardson (FA)
Jimmy Graham (FA)
Bradley McDougal (FA)
Tyler Lockett
Paul Richardson (FA)
Luke Jockel (FA)
Luke Willson (FA)

Of these I could see us prioritizing McDougal over Graham and Jockel over Richardson.
This!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
MAKE IT RAIN, BEEEEYOOOOOOOO....wait, what?

Oh, right. There's a cap. WRs will probably come and go. TEs even too. We need to invest more in the running game, more than likely. By proxy, that means we'll probably need to invest in or actually retain on the OL. It seems like the organization relies on Cable to coach guys up almost each and every year. Fine, whatever, but it's also affected our running game even though we have a couple backs who look like they can create (in 3 weeks anyway). It would seem that the skill positions, outside of RB, are more easily replaceable than OL, which is known to have more of a root password effect since football really began. Cable is in danger of being lynched often, but yet our investment in WRs and TEs is often a little silly. Defense? If you want to complain about investment in that then you don't want to win championships.

Running, blocking, and tackling are the 3 foundations of football at it's very roots. You cannot change this. With proficiency in those 3 things and better than average QB play, you are a contender every year.

Divvy out cash to that end.

massari

Reaction score
Top Priorities:
Earl Thomas
Sheldon Richardson
Duane Brown

Only sign whoever else can fit under the cap at a good price.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If we sign Duane Brown, why do we need to pay any receivers? Seriously ... If you give Russell an extra second, he can find any receiver on this earth ... Sign Brown and let go of Jimmy, Paul ... we can always sign Kearse back?

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1m96x46l said:
scrummymustard":1m96x46l said:
Wenhawk":1m96x46l said:

$10 Mil 2017* + 20% raise** = $12 million
*http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/jimmy-graham-6603/
**https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/14/14584232/how-does-the-nfl-franchise-tag-work-players-paid

His proration of signing bonus from the saints needs to be added back for the tag calculation. ($3 mil per year)

so it is 2017 salary of $9.9 (100k work out bonus gets taken out) + $3 mil proration of signing bonus = $12.9 * 120%=$15.48 million > the 2018 TE tag. Therefore $15.48 million to tag.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1w2ukpmx said:
If we sign Duane Brown, why do we need to pay any receivers? Seriously ... If you give Russell an extra second, he can find any receiver on this earth ... Sign Brown and let go of Jimmy, Paul ... we can always sign Kearse back?

Kearse is playing pretty well. Projecting his stats out for the year, he would finish with 68/903/7, which is awesome WR2 numbers. He only costs $5 million in 2018 and the jets have close to $90 million in cap space. I think he is a no brainer keep for them, possibly even an extension candidate as he is the only vet WR in that locker room.