Who should we pay?

Seahawk

Reaction score
None. Do it like the Patriots. You're out when you get expensive/old
Look at who we just paid... Kam... out for the season or forever.
Next man up!

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2johjfhi said:
1. Brown needs to be kept.
2. Jimmy can be Franchise Tagged.
3. If we can keep S.Richardson we should move on from Avril

I'd like to see Paul brought back on a 1 year deal to see if he can continue to say healthy and play at this level

Graham can be franchised for $15+ million, unlikely.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sheldon has proven his worth. Without him our D would be a lot worse. He is a priority signing, IMO.

Brown has also saved our O-line. He needs to be here as long as he can play. We've seen how hard it is to get good Tackles.

Jimmy would be great, but he might be a luxury at this point.

McDougald would be a nice security blanket to keep around, especially if Kam is done.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brown is #1, and it's not even close.

Then I'd prioritize the following;

1. Extending Earl
2. Extending KJ
3. Resign McDougall
4. Resign Coleman
5. Trying to sign Richardson (Sheldon) to a long term deal
6. Giving Jimmy at least an offer, then letting him test FA if he wants
7. Same thing with P-Rich, decent offer but nothing crazy

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24t07gjh said:

1. Extending Earl
2. Extending KJ
3. Resign McDougall
4. Resign Coleman

At least Brown is still under contract next year, so it won't need to be rushed. Coleman is a RFA, so he will be a seahawk next year. I wonder what round tender they will put on him though.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawk":6qqth6wm said:
Next man up!

The Patriots don't win because of that strategy.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Seahawk":1yrg5pwk said:
Next man up!

Patriots get rid of expensive players when they can net a good trade return, usually a high draft pick, when they are closer to retirement. They don't just cut ties with their best players to pinch pennies.

Kam was having a good season and was the highest graded defensive player in the game he was hurt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scrummymustard":2l0dkacs said:
Sgt. Largent":2l0dkacs said:

1. Extending Earl
2. Extending KJ
3. Resign McDougall
4. Resign Coleman

At least Brown is still under contract next year, so it won't need to be rushed. Coleman is a RFA, so he will be a seahawk next year. I wonder what round tender they will put on him though.

Brown held out with Houston because he wanted a new contract..............and even though he seems happy here I don't think he's be content and happy coming back next summer without an extension.

Nor do I think Pete and John would be happy. We didn't bring Brown here as a half season Band Aid, or to have an unhappy LT all next year. So unless he and his agent are insanely unreasonable as to what they want, he's going to get a long term extension in the off season.

If not? Then we made a terrible mistake giving up two high picks for him.

RussB

Reaction score
Tough choices but someone has to go. Earlier in the season id say graham goes easy but hes become the red zone threat that we always wanted him to be so now i want him to get resigned.

Earl is a must extend, richardson also is a must dudes just making an impact on the D line. Duane brown also is solid.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Earl, Brown, and Richardson. The rest can walk.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I don’t like the prospects of Kam and Cliff clearing up a bunch of cap money, but it looks everything in the world right now that both these guys are struggling with the idea of risking the possibility of paralysis, in a return to the field, having tasted the temporary effects of a jolt to their spine.

Lots of athletes in football and other contact sports experience the same thing and after shaking it off, put it out of their minds and play on for the money and for the love of the game. As you get along in your NFL career the love of the game becomes your final deciding factor because you have already locked up the money and have enough earned and coming to last you the rest of your life.

Kam and Cliff combined account for around 60 million of the Seahawks dollars, if they take the garauntee money and walk at this point we will get a pretty good bit of that back. Of all the players you listed I don’t see one of them that we would not want to do everything we can to keep them onboard.

If we come down to who goes time, it’s who can’t or isn’t likely to play again for us anytime soon. Richard Sherman will be back and worth his weight in gold next year. Playing like the Richard Sherman we all know and love.

On another note entirely, Shaquill’s twin brother Shaqeum Griffin, will be in the 2018 draft. My take is that he is a really special and gifted young man. I can’t help but contemplate, how he might fit into the Seahawks scheme. If there is a place in the NFL for the Griffin twins (born 60 seconds apart), Shaq being the eldest lol, it’s in Seattle with the Seahawks.

We are the one place, where, if you can carry your weight, and do your job, “no excuses”, that you can compete for and win your spot on the field same as anyone else. Take some time to read up on this kid, he really is something special. His college stats are impressive, and I look for impressive Combine results for him.

Go Seahawks!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pacific101":1n6ycs0v said:
I don’t like the prospects of Kam and Cliff clearing up a bunch of cap money

Kam does NOT clear up a bunch of cap money, in fact if we cut him we'd still owe him well north of 15M of guaranteed money.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... llor-6641/

So he's not going anywhere, unless he retires. Which he won't, cause then he'd forfeit all this guaranteed money.

Cliff's gone, so brace yourself for that. We clear off 8M in cap if we cut Cliff, only has 500k of dead cap. I also wouldn't be surprised if we cut Sherman, 11M in cap savings if we cut him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Veilside":238u9dqq said:
We tend to focus on the biggest impact players no matter the position. Overall, we pay talent, and that is what I see us continuing to do.

Order of impact:

Earl Thomas
Duane Brown
Sheldon Richardson (FA)
Jimmy Graham (FA)
Bradley McDougal (FA)
Tyler Lockett
Paul Richardson (FA)
Luke Jockel (FA)
Luke Willson (FA)

Of these I could see us prioritizing McDougal over Graham and Jockel over Richardson.

Good list. But we need to consider those who's future is up in the air due to injury, and those that will get overpaid. However, I would pay Sheldon Richardson whatever it takes.

My List:

Next to Earl Thomas, Sheldon Richardson is the most impactful of those players. That guy is amazing and disrupts every play out there. He is a legitimate difference maker that's always making SPLASH plays.

Bradley McDougal is next as Kam is either done, or close to it. Don't get me wrong, I want the man back, and he LOVES to play, so if it's humanly possible, he will be back. But watching McDougal play, he made some wow plays.

Jimmy Graham is a red zone monster, and he and Russell are just now showing how dangerous they can be together.

Duane Brown has one more year left, but next to Britt, he's the stabilizer of that line.

I'll finish this later..work interupts..

Rat

Reaction score
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record with this, but do what you have to do to keep P-Rich around. He's a big time playmaker who has really been coming into his own. I think he has been much better this year than his stats would lead most to believe.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ps2trzk said:
scrummymustard":3ps2trzk said:
Sgt. Largent":3ps2trzk said:

1. Extending Earl
2. Extending KJ
3. Resign McDougall
4. Resign Coleman

Brown held out with Houston because he wanted a new contract..............and even though he seems happy here I don't think he's be content and happy coming back next summer without an extension.

Nor do I think Pete and John would be happy. We didn't bring Brown here as a half season Band Aid, or to have an unhappy LT all next year. So unless he and his agent are insanely unreasonable as to what they want, he's going to get a long term extension in the off season.

If not? Then we made a terrible mistake giving up two high picks for him.

I agree with you. Should have been more clear. We can wait to extend him after free agency and the draft. He's going to finish his career here, but at least we have him signed next year and don't need to rush into doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":3dvioryl said:
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record with this, but do what you have to do to keep P-Rich around. He's a big time playmaker who has really been coming into his own. I think he has been much better this year than his stats would lead most to believe.

I said this last week, I think we can sign Richardson for a Kearse type deal. 2-3 years at 2-3M a year.

1. I don't think anyone would give him more than that on the open market. He's slight, and has an injury/production history that would make any team shy away from guaranteeing him more than this.

2. It's good for him too. Take the raise and short term deal, prove that you can stay healthy and produce, and in 2-3 years break the bank.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Veilside":mx99nwcr said:
We tend to focus on the biggest impact players no matter the position. Overall, we pay talent, and that is what I see us continuing to do.

Order of impact:

Earl Thomas
Duane Brown
Sheldon Richardson (FA)
Jimmy Graham (FA)
Bradley McDougal (FA)
Tyler Lockett
Paul Richardson (FA)
Luke Jockel (FA)
Luke Willson (FA)

Of these I could see us prioritizing McDougal over Graham and Jockel over Richardson.
Man....this is going to be tough, I mean are we likely to sign Luke?, or Luke?.....Richardson?, or Richardson? :p

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":35jbhc96 said:
Veilside":35jbhc96 said:

Order of impact:

Earl Thomas
Duane Brown
Sheldon Richardson (FA)
Jimmy Graham (FA)
Bradley McDougal (FA)
Tyler Lockett
Paul Richardson (FA)
Luke Jockel (FA)
Luke Willson (FA)

Man....this is going to be tough, I mean are we likely to sign Luke?, or Luke?.....Richardson?, or Richardson? :p

No reason to sign Willson, unless it's a minimum no guarantee camp invite. Vannett's playing well, so I can't see even offering Willson a contract.............unless Jimmy's not back. Even then, plenty of vet TE's available that would be an upgrade over Willson.

Not sure bout Joeckel. I'd say so far he hasn't been worth 8M a year, so if there's a cheaper vet guard available? Yeah I'd go with that, or if we can draft another Pocic type guard to AND we extend Brown?

Lots of things have to go wrong before I'd pay Joeckel 8M again.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mwrq6v7 said:
Rat":2mwrq6v7 said:

I said this last week, I think we can sign Richardson for a Kearse type deal. 2-3 years at 2-3M a year.

1. I don't think anyone would give him more than that on the open market. He's slight, and has an injury/production history that would make any team shy away from guaranteeing him more than this.

2. It's good for him too. Take the raise and short term deal, prove that you can stay healthy and produce, and in 2-3 years break the bank.

That's a no brainer if he'll take it.