Who was right about Wilson pre-draft?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Kip (Kearly) absolutely loved him pre-draft. Was the only draft writer I know who really banged the table for him.

I thought he was too short. That worked out well.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Loved him as a college QB, didn't think it would translate into the NFL.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2mlpbnct said:
I called it from day one. I had identified him years ago during my in depth scouting of the Wolfpack. I posted about him on my draft site years ago. Liked his three cone drill and he could really spin the ball.
Spin as in tight spiral or Sydney Rice style?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The night of the Rose Bowl, my old man, proud Oregon Alum texted me from the game and it read something like.

"where in the hell did this Russell Wilson kid come from? He is phenomenal. The Seahawks need this guy!"

I gotta be honest, I had seen him play, but when we drafted him I thought Flynn was going to be a slinger and that Wilson would be the reliable backup. I was never against him starting, the second PC said he was the starter there was no looking back for me. The first pass to Charlie Martin on the run in the Denver preseason game sold me.

In KC when he hurried up the play to Winslow, I knew he was a gamer. I was never a doubter, but I assumed Flynn would win the job easily. As it turns out, RW is likely to be the best QB in Seahawks history. It's crazy.. this guy has only been playing for 1.5 seasons and he owns this team and this town. This kid is in the process of writing NFL history and he knows how to handle it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The best part about having Wilson (other than winning) is that TJack looks like he learned something from him when he plays. He is moving the pocket, getting rid of the ball quickly and aggressive. In his 2011 stint he looked like he was processing everything slowly. It just seems like he is better because of Wilson.

sliv

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":21qcexia said:
Kip (Kearly) absolutely loved him pre-draft. Was the only draft writer I know who really banged the table for him.

I thought he was too short. That worked out well.

Wrong revisionist history is a trip but ask some of the mods they have been real about it in the past. I have always said I wish they had .net on archive but I don't come on so much anymore because of stuff like this....karma b!T@es

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I admit I was very doubtful. I thought he would be another Senneca. I really wanted Kaepernick the year before.

acbass

Reaction score
Russell was the one player I wanted in that entire draft going in. I grew up near Clemson and had seen Russell quite a bit. Most of family graduated from NC State and talked about him non stop the day he walked on campus. I will never forget the the day after we selected him. I was talking to this college professor who was a UNC fan. He said "as much as I hate to say it you guys got the steal of the draft. I don't care how tall he is or what anyone says, that kid is a winner. It pains me to say." Boy, was he right. I graduated college the day we drafted Russell. What I remember most about that day was going out to eat afterwards and seeing on ESPN we had taken him.

taz291819

Reaction score
I had no idea who Russell Wilson was, and even thought, "who the hell is Russell Wilson?" when we drafted him.

My cousin, born, raised, and who still lives in North Carolina, called me within a minute of the selection. First thing he said was, "Ya'll got the steal of the draft, Russell Wilson is the real deal." And mind you, my cousin is a Cowboys fan.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
loved him pre draft, wanted him bad. heavily influenced by Flying Greg and Kearly. I did predict he would win the starting job his rookie year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":30idynxa said:
I called it from day one. I had identified him years ago during my in depth scouting of the Wolfpack. I posted about him on my draft site years ago. Liked his three cone drill and he could really spin the ball.

Sadly, most of .NET blindly accepted your take. You were right, but you are still just a sheeple leader.

Happy

Reaction score
Happypuppy":13wjo95h said:
I admit I was very doubtful. I thought he would be another Senneca. I really wanted Kaepernick the year before.

That was my perspective exactly.

wolfpack05

Reaction score
Every NC State fan.

Everything he is doing in Seattle he did at NC State. He is houdini on the field.

He carried us with an awful o-line and average receivers.

wolfpack05

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3ehrm6k7 said:
wolfpack05":3ehrm6k7 said:
Every NC State fan.

I love it. You guys had to have known watching him all those years.

He is crafty and makes magic happen on the field. He is also very intelligent on the field. He hardly ever makes mistakes. He had the longest pass streak without an interception (has since been broken I think) . His first few years he would throw the ball away unless he was 100% sure of the pass. He still has many of the same tendencies now.

He almost led us to an ACC championship his final year. If he wasn't forced out his senior year he would have broke several of Philip Rivers records and went down as arguably the best QB in NC State history.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
wolfpack05":i2tbtmlm said:
bigtrain21":i2tbtmlm said:
wolfpack05":i2tbtmlm said:
Every NC State fan.

He is crafty and makes magic happen on the field. He is also very intelligent on the field. He hardly ever makes mistakes. He had the longest pass streak without an interception (has since been broken I think) . His first few years he would throw the ball away unless he was 100% sure of the pass. He still has many of the same tendencies now.

He almost led us to an ACC championship his final year. If he wasn't forced out his senior year he would have broke several of Philip Rivers records and went down as arguably the best QB in NC State history.

That's exactly what Pete Carroll wants out of his QB too. He wants a QB that doesn't turn the ball over.

I love the kid. Do you get a chance to watch many Hawks games?

wolfpack05

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2ei4dzol said:
wolfpack05":2ei4dzol said:
bigtrain21":2ei4dzol said:
wolfpack05":2ei4dzol said:
Every NC State fan.

That's exactly what Pete Carroll wants out of his QB too. He wants a QB that doesn't turn the ball over.

I love the kid. Do you get a chance to watch many Hawks games?

I became a Seahawks fan mostly because of RW. I watch whenever it's on TV but we don't get many Seahawks games on the east coast.

Latest posts