Who will be the fullback next year?

theascension

Reaction score
I know Robinson is a long shot for next year but part of me almost feels like he'd take league minimum since he's such a locker room force.

I haven't heard ANYTHING about Robinson yet. So retirement is likely I'd think.

Do you think Derrick Coleman will finally come into being? He'd instantly become the most popular fullback in the league that's for sure.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
He hasn't been signed yet and I think he's going into journalism. Nothing has been said about it, just my gut feeling as M-Rob was killing it on total access.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Lock: ??
On The Bubble: Coleman, Ware
Longshot: Turbin

Turbin could become one of the best rounded FBs in the NFL if he could develop 10-15 pounds of lower body mass.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd suspect this will depend on what happens with the renewals of Thomas, Sherman, or a couple of others.

I think he brings something special and important to the team and at present is still a better FB than Coleman. Price is everything and it's tough to stay playing at the high level MRob has delivered so the decision with him may wait for some time. I'd like to see him back b/c he helps Lynch run at times and occasionally makes a big difference and he is isn't too shabby a ST player either.

Besides who doesn't just love Mike Rob?

chris98251

Reaction score
Lots of signings to get thru yet, I think we sign our own once we get the big hitters out of the way. Probably a couple more weeks in reality before we see who we actually bring back.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
It's Colemans job to lose at this point. Every little bit counts right now, and he will be doing it for much less than Robinson, even at the league minimum I suspect. Heart says MRob and the head says Coleman. Still a little peeved at Ware for the DWI last winter. One thing is certain. We need depth here for the day that Marshawn hangs up his cleats.

Mack Strong better watch out. MRob may be moving in on his (broadcasting) turf sooner than later.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I love the guy to death, i really do, but to be honest... I didn't really see anything that great out of MRob when he came back last year. If the staff sees something special in Coleman and Ware, I'd support moving on from Rob to develop one or both of those two.

Osprey

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1nj6zmfg said:
It's Colemans job to lose at this point. Every little bit counts right now, and he will be doing it for much less than Robinson, even at the league minimum I suspect. Heart says MRob and the head says Coleman. Still a little peeved at Ware for the DWI last winter. One thing is certain. We need depth here for the day that Marshawn hangs up his cleats.

Mack Strong better watch out. MRob may be moving in on his (broadcasting) turf sooner than later.

Mack is a local talent at best, MRob is destined to be a national broadcaster. Or he can always fall back on the soap opera gig.

Hawks46

Reaction score
When MRob came back, he was an immediate upgrade to Coleman. Mike Rob is a much better lead blocker; he's still elite in that category. The other positive to having Robinson is that Lynch trusts him implicitly. They've even said that many times, Lynch just follows MikeRob as he trusts his vision. At times Lynch looked lost after Robinson was cut, and it seemed to hurt his vision. I haven't heard about anyone offereing Robinson a contract, and I get the impression from Robinson that he either wants to be a Seahawk or he'll bounce to NFLN. He is a great broadcaster and has a home whenver he wants it.

Coleman is more athletic. He's faster and can make a bit more happen with the football. Robinson even said on NFLN that Coleman is still a work in progress and that he thinks like a tailback still. When Coleman gets that fullback mentality down, he'll be damned good and will actually be a weapon at fullback.

I think Robinson would come back at a minimum, and I don't think contract has a whole lot to do with it at this point. My theory is that the coaching staff probably doesn't want to spend 2 roster spots on a fullback, and they are going to evaluate the younger guys like Coleman and Ware and see who is the best fit and who seems to have the highest ceiling. Like someone above said, Robinson is getting older and it's no guarantee that he will keep playing at a high level, even over the entire next year. Coleman and Ware have room to improve and are young and that's what our FO is looking for: youth and growth.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
CANHawk":ufyu1c1d said:
I love the guy to death, i really do, but to be honest... I didn't really see anything that great out of MRob when he came back last year. If the staff sees something special in Coleman and Ware, I'd support moving on from Rob to develop one or both of those two.

Agree with CAN. I will add Coleman looked much better AFTER MRob came back.

I like Coleman, but I think even the Seahawks go more the way of the single back with Harvin staying healthy.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I have felt for a while that they're approach will be to let everyone fully compete for every rb/fb spot.

If coleman or ware can beat out Robinson then one of those two will have the job, im hoping. If robinson is the best then he won it fair and square, and if either of the youngsters wins it then Robinson can move onto TV work.

No reason to cut robinson if he's the best, no reason to keep him if he isn't. I'm looking forward to them fighting for their spots.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1kmyrt5t said:
BlueTalon":1kmyrt5t said:
Assuming he doesn't get sick again, I see no reason for Robinson not to return.
I think he's going to retire and go into media he's a natural.

The media will always be there for him. Come back for another ring

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Would love to see Mike Rob come back for another year, but I don't think the Hawks are going to even offer him a contract. Hope I'm wrong.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Turbin could be the next Leonard Weaver, hopefully the talent, not the injury

hawkfan68

Reaction score
CANHawk":2uj6uxv3 said:

Just my observation but the running game was sputtering but improved once MRob came back. Coleman having a bit of experience under his belt will help next year. Not impressed by Spencer Ware whatsoever. Maybe Spencer improves too, we'll see.

Tical21

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2unznzyg said:
Lock: ??
On The Bubble: Coleman, Ware
Longshot: Turbin

Turbin could become one of the best rounded FBs in the NFL if he could develop 10-15 pounds of lower body mass.
What in the world would make you say that??

Move Willson to WR, compare Schilling to Breno, and now this? Seriously dude, lay off the reefer and video games.

Willson would be among the worst WR's in the NFL.
Turbin would be THE worst Fullback in the NFL.
Schilling is one of the worst linemen in the NFL.

I'm going to say this one time, and if you don't understand it, I'm just not going to bother anymore. You would know this if you have ever played a down of football.---Measurables are less than half of the equation.

Latest posts