Who will be the Seahawks first pick?

Willyeye

Reaction score
Spriggs or Butler will be first after trading down.

Then Kaufusi in the 2nd round and McGovern and Ervin in the 3rd.

Hopefully we have an extra 3rd round pick from the trade down.

jhern87

Reaction score
I have 0 problems going BPA as long as needs are filled by the end of the draft / before training camp. I think just drafting to fill needs (and disregarding the BPA philosophy) is a mistake teams often fall for.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I'm going outside the box on this, just because I don't think any DL/OL will excite this FO at 26...

S Karl Joseph - Why? Probably the most Seahawky player in the draft. I think there are some interesting dynamics with ET, Kam, and Joseph on the field, at the same time. Also, the heavy usage of "Nickel" throughout the league puts a higher emphasis on a Nickel like DB. I think Joseph can be a unique secondary player, much like Tyrann Mathieu. Mathieu is better in coverage, but I'd argue Joseph offsets that with physicality/LOS play, despite his smaller size.

We've talked about the Seahawks wanting to re-establish attitude/toughness...well despite his stature, Joseph is an extremely physical player, who is probably a top 20 talent, if he didn't suffer the knee injury.

Other options IMO: Emmanuel Ogbah, TJ Green (I buy the interest), Corey Coleman. Recurring theme: unique/special athletic gifts. I'm putting a bigger emphasis on this, this year, because the last interview of JS; he sounded really deflated talking about reaching for OL with Britt and Carpenter. I know it's a need, but these cats play to a different tune. Also, I didn't want to be boring and open up dialogue (mostly to disagree with my choices).

As long as it's not Jason Spriggs or Le'Raven Clark, I will be able to live with it. Big week Gents! This will be fun.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
I traded our 26 pick to Dallas for the Cowboys 3rd pick in 2nd and 4th pick in 3rd.

Round 2 Pick 3 (DAL): T.J. Green, FS, Clemson
Round 2 Pick 25: Chris Jones, DT/DE, Mississippi State
Round 3 Pick 4 (DAL): Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State
Round 3 Pick 27: Devontae Booker, RB, Utah
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame
Round 4 Pick 26: John Theus, OT, Georgia
Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Aaron Burbridge, WR, Michigan State
Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Anthony Brown, CB, Purdue
Round 7 Pick 4: Nick Kelly, C, Arizona State
Round 7 Pick 26: Andy Janovich, FB, Nebraska

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":21tl0qat said:
I suspect it'll be one of this group:

Ifedi, Spriggs, Butler, Bullard, Jones, Kaufusi, Dodd.

Ifedi certainly looks like your prototypical LT . Long arms good size and power for the position and can play Guard. It makes to much sense they will probably take Kelly and we miss out on a Bullard or Billings or Ifedi for an average Center we could get in round 2 or 3.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I don't have a clue. Ifedi was my first guess months ago. But I would be very happy if they drafted Spriggs. He's quicker and more polished technique-wise than Ifedi.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1m6p98lb said:
First pick - Ryan Kelly from Alabama. If not him then Ifedi (w/ maybe a small trade down).
Second pick - They look for a DT. theres not enough buzz on Kenny Clark. If he falls to #56 that'd be a solid pick.
Somewhere In the 3rd they taken Tyler Ervin.

Was hoping Kenny Clark slid to the 2nd but I feel the 1st round prediction was right for Kelly and Ifedi. We'll see if Irvin is the pick in the 3rd (got 3 picks now).

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1epxjxfg said:
Recon_Hawk":1epxjxfg said:
First pick - Ryan Kelly from Alabama. If not him then Ifedi (w/ maybe a small trade down).
Second pick - They look for a DT. theres not enough buzz on Kenny Clark. If he falls to #56 that'd be a solid pick.
Somewhere In the 3rd they taken Tyler Ervin.

Was hoping Kenny Clark slid to the 2nd but I feel the 1st round prediction was right for Kelly and Ifedi. We'll see if Irvin is the pick in the 3rd (got 3 picks now).
Good call!