Who will be the seahawks starting RB by week 8?

Who will be the starter by week 8?

• Lacy

Votes: 51 50.0%
  • Rawls

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • Procise

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Collins

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • The rookie..forget his name

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • A free agent signing

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Pope...cuz you know he will be back

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Davis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It'll be a Cerberus, but I bet that Lacey has the most touches throughout the year.

Yeah....Cerberus sounds good.

kobebryant

Reaction score
A committee approach would also allow for the old Lendale White/Chris Johnson nickname to be brought back.

Eat n' Run.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":32gx5qm3 said:
Rawls unless Lacy mistakes him for china food.

Chicken al a King....

Naw man...Running back by committee.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
pmedic920":3btnj1sc said:
Starter?

Does that mean who is in the game on the first offensive play?

I think we will end up going with a "committee".

Very "situational" if you will.

To be honest, I'm good with that and HOPE that our "stable" is as well.

Agreed. By week 8 maybe some pecking order sorts itself out but even then I think the "starter" ends up in the 12 touch range.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":240yku9p said:
Earth Wind and Fire :lol:
That's what it sounds/feels like when I go to the bathroom after eating my too hot ghost peppers :shock:
C'mon ice cubes!! :oops:

Rob12

Reaction score
I think it'll be a committee with Lacy/Rawls. Thunder/Lightning. Lacy is playing for a long term deal; plenty of incentive for him to stay in shape and produce at a high level. Rawls is just angry and hungry, and if healthy, will provide a huge boost. Prosise is the weapon that is going to change games, though. If all stay healthy, the Hawks should have a very fun and productive backfield this season - especially if RW gets back to his roots and returns to being a huge threat on the ground.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Well, I would assume that if he's healthy, it's a no-brainer to say Lacy. That's what we brought him in for, right? Starter and all that? Rawls is second fiddle. Lacy is our Lynch now. At least that's how I see the season starting out. Why would somebody assume differently? Rawls is insurance, I'm pretty sure.

ACFan

Reaction score
How carries are distributed in preseason may be a more answerable question, or at least a more relevant one.

Lacy, I'm assuming he'll be treated like the starter out of the gate, meaning he'll probably be done by the end of the 1st quarter in most preseason games, maybe go until half in the 3rd game.

Rawls, first guy in probably, I could see him playing 1st halves exclusively, with so many to evaluate.

Prosise, likely mixed in on 3rd downs from the start of the game, changing in and out with Lacy, Rawls. Could get some 2nd half featured back looks.

Collins will probably head up the 2nd platoon of everyone else, and would expect him to get both feature and 3rd down back looks in the 2nd half of games.

It's no secret I think Collins is undervalued in most of these discussions. I think the preseason shakes out something like the above and Collins will get his opportunities along with everyone else. He finished strong last year, but I think his head and body show up in even better shape to produce this year.

Looking forward to seeing Carson as well, really have no informed opinion on him, I think the whole RB competition will be interesting and better to watch than last years.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Looks like Pete never again wants to get caught flat footed with the run game petering out, and went hell bent on stocking his stable with some pounding backs.
His philosophy of "Taking Care Of The Ball" has always been a priority, and it became all to obvious that with an anemic Run Game due to the multiple injuries early on last Season, the load got shifted onto Wilson to try & carry the uneven load, it was an unsustainable Balancing act, for even as exceptional a QB as RW is, he still needs a decent Run Game to keep Defenses honest, and too, with a single faceted Offensive attack, NO O-LINE can be expected to keep their Quarterback safe for very long...It's just NOT a sustainable track.
Having a SINGLE Feature Back is fine, so long as he has durability extraordinaire, but even the very best can get banged up......RB by committee is the only thing that makes sense.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I'm really excited by all the Running Backs that we have to work with this season. It wouldn't surprise most of you who listened to my rants about Troymaine Pope last year, to learn that once again, I've gone way out on a limb again with this kid, and thus far, have cast the only vote for him to date. I can't be the only one that saw that there was something really special about this kid coming in to Seattle last year.

We constantly hear the Seahawk coaches preach competition, promising each player on the team, that they all have an equal and legitimate chance to compete for, and possibly win their position on the field , leaving no player safe and able to rest on their laurels.

Troymaine came into Seattle and competed with his peers for the position of running back in 2016, and by the end of the preseason, Pope had proven to everyone, that he was far and away their best running back option, with no one else achieving the same stats, not even remotely close.

Troymaine Pope was on fire throughout the preseason. He was a major game changer for us in our final preseason game against Dallas, He was given the same promise that every other player that comes into Seattle, is given, compete for your position and prove to us that you are better than the rest and you'll get the spot. Troymaine did all that and more, and in response the Seahawks, cut him from their roster, and was sent off to the Jets.

I'm sure Troymaine, must have felt like someone just kicked him in the gut, when he learned that in spite of everything he had accomplished, that he'd been cut. He was so high on the prospects of being a Seahawk, having legitimately proven to everyone that he was the better man for the position.

The Seattle Seahawks hierarchy got an ear full from their fans, who were visibly angry and dismayed by their decision to cut a player who had met and exceeded their challenges and expectations of him. I'm sure they caught hell even from many of their own players, who reasonably so, must have began to question and doubt, the authenticity of the whole speel about being able to come into Seattle and compete for any position on the field, and trust that if you did succeed in out performing other players competing for your position, that at the end of the day the position would be granted to you.

The Seahawks did reckon eventually with Troymaine, and brought him back to Seattle, although by then, he had sustained a high ankle sprain injury, He was rushed back out on the field, because of the long list of injuries all the others RB's were battling and ended up only further aggravating the high ankle sprain.

Desperate not to see his dreams crushed once again, Troymaine subjected himself to what was thought to be a rapid injury mending process, that if successful would allow him a small chance of being able to play for the Seahawks when they really needed to establish a meaningful running game.

Everyone knows the outcome, the attempted rapid recovery method didn't work out well, and in fact resulted in an even worse high ankle sprain situation, which led to his being placed on IR and demoted to the practice squad.

I am glad that Seattle did keep him in the mix by giving him a place on the practice squad. I'm hoping that now healed up , that Troymaine will once again, prove to the Seahawks and to their fans, that his rightful place as the lead running back for the Seahawks. If after proving himself to them once again and the Seahawks once again deny him his place in the lineup, I will at very least call BS on the whole competition philosophy mantra being preached to all the other players coming into Seattle, and giving it their all for a chance to play in the big show.

It's a long shot I know, but I also remember that Troymaine Pope has always been doubted and has always proved his critics wrong and I believe he will again this time around, I only hope that the Hawks keep their word this time around if he does. Long live The Pope!

idahohawk

Reaction score
Week 8:
Lacy: foot injury
Rawls: shoulder injury
Prosise: [insert anatomy here] injury
Carson: wrist injury

Starter: Collins

RussB

Reaction score
I think its going to be a Lacy/Procise tandem. With rawls beng the 3rd option.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
pacific101":nbe99k94 said:
I'm really excited by all the Running Backs that we have to work with this season. It wouldn't surprise most of you who listened to my rants about Troymaine Pope last year, to learn that once again, I've gone way out on a limb again with this kid, and thus far, have cast the only vote for him to date. I can't be the only one that saw that there was something really special about this kid coming in to Seattle last year.

We constantly hear the Seahawk coaches preach competition, promising each player on the team, that they all have an equal and legitimate chance to compete for, and possibly win their position on the field , leaving no player safe and able to rest on their laurels.

Troymaine came into Seattle and competed with his peers for the position of running back in 2016, and by the end of the preseason, Pope had proven to everyone, that he was far and away their best running back option, with no one else achieving the same stats, not even remotely close.

Troymaine Pope was on fire throughout the preseason. He was a major game changer for us in our final preseason game against Dallas, He was given the same promise that every other player that comes into Seattle, is given, compete for your position and prove to us that you are better than the rest and you'll get the spot. Troymaine did all that and more, and in response the Seahawks, cut him from their roster, and was sent off to the Jets.

I'm sure Troymaine, must have felt like someone just kicked him in the gut, when he learned that in spite of everything he had accomplished, that he'd been cut. He was so high on the prospects of being a Seahawk, having legitimately proven to everyone that he was the better man for the position.

The Seattle Seahawks hierarchy got an ear full from their fans, who were visibly angry and dismayed by their decision to cut a player who had met and exceeded their challenges and expectations of him. I'm sure they caught hell even from many of their own players, who reasonably so, must have began to question and doubt, the authenticity of the whole speel about being able to come into Seattle and compete for any position on the field, and trust that if you did succeed in out performing other players competing for your position, that at the end of the day the position would be granted to you.

The Seahawks did reckon eventually with Troymaine, and brought him back to Seattle, although by then, he had sustained a high ankle sprain injury, He was rushed back out on the field, because of the long list of injuries all the others RB's were battling and ended up only further aggravating the high ankle sprain.

Desperate not to see his dreams crushed once again, Troymaine subjected himself to what was thought to be a rapid injury mending process, that if successful would allow him a small chance of being able to play for the Seahawks when they really needed to establish a meaningful running game.

Everyone knows the outcome, the attempted rapid recovery method didn't work out well, and in fact resulted in an even worse high ankle sprain situation, which led to his being placed on IR and demoted to the practice squad.

I am glad that Seattle did keep him in the mix by giving him a place on the practice squad. I'm hoping that now healed up , that Troymaine will once again, prove to the Seahawks and to their fans, that his rightful place as the lead running back for the Seahawks. If after proving himself to them once again and the Seahawks once again deny him his place in the lineup, I will at very least call BS on the whole competition philosophy mantra being preached to all the other players coming into Seattle, and giving it their all for a chance to play in the big show.

It's a long shot I know, but I also remember that Troymaine Pope has always been doubted and has always proved his critics wrong and I believe he will again this time around, I only hope that the Hawks keep their word this time around if he does. Long live The Pope!
Mr. Pope is a Colt...

ACFan

Reaction score
MOST YARDS / SEASON: Lacy, Collins, Rawls, Prosise

MOST YARDS / SINGLE GAME: Rawls, Lacy, Collins, Prosise

MOST YARDS / SINGLE PLAY: Prosise, Rawls, Collins, Lacy

MOST RECEIVING YARDS / SEASON: Collins, Prosise, Lacy, Rawls

MOST TDS: Lacy, Collins, Rawls, Prosise

AVAILABLE FOR EVERY GAME (not injured) : Collins, maybe Carson

AVAILABLE AT PLAYOFF TIME: Collins, Carson and either Rawls or Lacy (one in, one out)

Latest posts