Who will coach San Fran next year?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hmm who should they hire?Isn't Romnowski a coach?That would be something..

rideaducati

Reaction score
NINEster":vkdf0hgt said:
hawksfansinceday1":vkdf0hgt said:
pehawk":vkdf0hgt said:
.......PS: Is that lil weasel Marvin49 REALLY hiding? Is he not man enough to hang after the debacles?
rlkats is the only Whiner fan left on these boards today. Seems the prospect of a losing season, or at best a .500 finish is too much for the rest of them to take. Between the Hawks and Chargers it seems their spirit has been crushed.
Well there's also the fact that our team is looking like it has a really serious chance at back to back championships. That's gotta sting. :179417:

Niner fans are still around. Nobody is "hiding".

You guys have a strong team but didn't look so elite in the NFC playoffs last year. You won both games, yes, but not by the margins one would have expected given the regular season blowouts against both teams.

First the Seahawks have to break the ten year curse of SB winners not winning a playoff game the following season. Then they have to run the gauntlet of whomever is out there still standing. Then they have to beat the AFC rep in the Bowl.

It appears by sentiment on this board that anything less than winning SB 49 is going to be a disappoint in Hawkville. That's certainly a lot of pressure.

Niner fans have adjusted to this season's disappointing end. To think any Niner fan was devastated by what happened against San Diego is delusional. These last two losses were more enjoyable games than a fair share of our wins, if that makes any sense.

The whole situation sucks, the rivalry being rubbed in our faces sucks too. But we've been down this road before with other teams. Ultimately a down season was probably needed for this current roster to reload long term.

Seattle and NFL fans are hoping the next coach will be a disaster because if he's not, the Niners can be very scary next season.

The only people the niners will be scaring next season are niner fans. That team will be bad next year too. The defense will be getting their OLD players back from injury and will have to add in a few Baalke picks...good luck with that.

The niner offense will most likely lose Gore and Crabtree and will still have Keeporpick throwing the ball. Add in more Baalke picks to the offense and they won't be as good as they were this season...and they sucked this season.

Sorry niner fan, but your team has crashed back to Earth and it's gonna take a LONG time to rebuild. The main problem being that the guy in charge of rebuilding is incompetent. You'll realize this after next season and another bust draft class.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
For all the Harbaugh supporters I would like to have you realize a few things. Although Harbaugh is the HC he does not really touch special teams and he let's Fangio handle the defense. On offense however he has the last say over any playcalling. That means Harbaugh is not responsible for our special teams or defense and is more responsible for bad play calls over Roman. Since Harbaugh has taken over for the Niners we have lead in delay of game penalties coming in first from 2011-2013. We are in second this year. Mike Singletary and Jimmy Raye averaged only 2 points less a game then Harbaugh and Roman. Harbaugh also made the puzzling call to have a second year Qb decide the fate of the Super bowl instead of Frank Gore. They said they learned from that mistake yet made the same one a year later against the best secondary and arguably best corner in the game to cost us a NFC championship. Harbaugh has done 3 things well. He defends the team, he made them believe they were winners, he brought in Fangio. Lastly our Niners have been in the police blogs more than ever under this leadership. Our HC has tantrums on the sideline and has more gifs online than any coach before him. Baalke and York wanted to get rid of Roman...Harbaugh loyal to his men prob said no....still think the front office and ownership is wrong?

Whoever comes in has one of the better teams to take over if not the best assuming Bears, Jets, and whatever else becomes available. Scot McCloughan set up this team with most of the chess pieces needed. Baalke has done a decent job replacing key positions but has a weakness on offensive play makers who touch the football. I expect us to shore up our O line. Draft a big bodied decent speed WR and maybe a project Qb. Kap will be given another chance and hopefully we can get an OC to work to this offenses strengths on a consistent basis. A lot of rookies and 1 year players got experience this year. As long as players can return to their former selves I expect an outstanding Defense and at least an average offense. That should make us formidable but this division will only get better if the Cards and Rams can get a mediocre Qb or better. Hawks will clean up the few weaknesses in the draft and will continue to be the team to go through in the NFC West if not the entire NFC.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":34pj9fza said:
For all the Harbaugh supporters I would like to have you realize a few things. Although Harbaugh is the HC he does not really touch special teams and he let's Fangio handle the defense. On offense however he has the last say over any playcalling. That means Harbaugh is not responsible for our special teams or defense and is more responsible for bad play calls over Roman. Since Harbaugh has taken over for the Niners we have lead in delay of game penalties coming in first from 2011-2013. We are in second this year. Mike Singletary and Jimmy Raye averaged only 2 points less a game then Harbaugh and Roman. Harbaugh also made the puzzling call to have a second year Qb decide the fate of the Super bowl instead of Frank Gore. They said they learned from that mistake yet made the same one a year later against the best secondary and arguably best corner in the game to cost us a NFC championship. Harbaugh has done 3 things well. He defends the team, he made them believe they were winners, he brought in Fangio. Lastly our Niners have been in the police blogs more than ever under this leadership. Our HC has tantrums on the sideline and has more gifs online than any coach before him. Baalke and York wanted to get rid of Roman...Harbaugh loyal to his men prob said no....still think the front office and ownership is wrong?

Whoever comes in has one of the better teams to take over if not the best assuming Bears, Jets, and whatever else becomes available. Scot McCloughan set up this team with most of the chess pieces needed. Baalke has done a decent job replacing key positions but has a weakness on offensive play makers who touch the football. I expect us to shore up our O line. Draft a big bodied decent speed WR and maybe a project Qb. Kap Will be given another chance and hopefully we can get an OC to work to this offenses strengths on a consistent basis. A lot of rookies and 1 year players got experience this year. As long as players can return to their former selves I expect an outstanding Defense and at least and average offense. That should make us formidable but this division will only get better if the Cards and Rams can get a mediocre Qb or better. Hawks will clean up the few weaknesses in the draft and will continue to be the team to go through in the NFC West if not the entire NFC.

Hilarious rationalizations, Sourdough. Fangio is running Jim Harbaugh's defensive scheme - the same one he asked him to run at Stanford in 2010. This is also the same defense Stanford ran in 2008 and 2009 before Ron Lynn retired as DC. To say Harbaugh does not touch the defense is funny as hell. That kind of baseless slam would have been sacrilegious for you four months ago when Harbaugh was fresh off three consecutive NFC Championship Game appearances.

Say all you want about Harbaugh's stubbornness, outbursts, and general immaturity (and believe me, I have), he still won at a level the 49ers' franchise has not seen in over a decade. And now he's being taken out with the trash by an even more petulant man-boy owner who knows jack about the game.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":ephqi2ss said:
Sourdough #49":ephqi2ss said:

Whoever comes in has one of the better teams to take over if not the best assuming Bears, Jets, and whatever else becomes available. Scot McCloughan set up this team with most of the chess pieces needed. Baalke has done a decent job replacing key positions but has a weakness on offensive play makers who touch the football. I expect us to shore up our O line. Draft a big bodied decent speed WR and maybe a project Qb. Kap Will be given another chance and hopefully we can get an OC to work to this offenses strengths on a consistent basis. A lot of rookies and 1 year players got experience this year. As long as players can return to their former selves I expect an outstanding Defense and at least and average offense. That should make us formidable but this division will only get better if the Cards and Rams can get a mediocre Qb or better. Hawks will clean up the few weaknesses in the draft and will continue to be the team to go through in the NFC West if not the entire NFC.

Hilarious rationalizations, Sourdough. Fangio is running Jim Harbaugh's defensive scheme - the same one he asked him to run at Stanford in 2010. This is also the same defense Stanford ran in 2008 and 2009 before Ron Lynn retired as DC. To say Harbaugh does not touch the defense is funny as hell. That kind of baseless slam would have been sacrilegious for you four months ago when Harbaugh was fresh off three consecutive NFC Championship Game appearances.

Say all you want about Harbaugh's stubbornness, outbursts, and general immaturity (and believe me, I have), he still won at a level the 49ers' franchise has not seen in over a decade. And now he's being taken out with the trash by an even more petulant man-boy owner who knows jack about the game.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/17/vic-fangio-san-francisco-49ers-defensive-coordinator/#

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7157161&src=desktop

http://ninerfans.com/new/49ers-vic-fangio-earns-contract-extension/

There is a video I am trying to find of Harbaugh admitting during a presser that he doesn't touch the defensive schemes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1klctsjy said:
Sourdough #49":1klctsjy said:

huh?

Harbaugh brought in Fangio because he wanted a better defense at Stanford and took him with him when he went to SF. This isn't Harbaughs defense. Its Fangio's. He was the DC in both Carolina and Houston under Dom Capers and was the LB coach for the Dome Patrol in NO in the 80's. He's run this 3-4 scheme for a LONG time and is one of the NFLs highest paid coordinators for a reason. The defense is Vics domain. This is common knowledge, not Niner fans just trying to take credit away from Harbaugh.

The OFFENSE however is where Harbaugh has ALOT of influence.

This isn't a slam on Harbaugh. I want him to stay. Its simply a fact. The defense is Vics baby.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am well aware Harbs doesn't do D. In fact, when Sherm went to D at Stanford, it kept him pretty much away from harbs, which was kinda the plan.

That doesn't mean harbs has no say in defensive matters.

It is odd though, that for a long time Niner fans called for Roman's head, but now they are saying it's Harbs who is responsible. If Roman were being fired, but not Harbs, I doubt we would be hearing much of this.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ftve8rx said:
I am well aware Harbs doesn't do D. In fact, when Sherm went to D at Stanford, it kept him pretty much away from harbs, which was kinda the plan.

That doesn't mean harbs has no say in defensive matters.

It is odd though, that for a long time Niner fans called for Roman's head, but now they are saying it's Harbs who is responsible. If Roman were being fired, but not Harbs, I doubt we would be hearing much of this.

Can't speak for most fans, but not really a secret that Harbaugh/Roman and the offense go hand in hand. I've always known that letting Roman go wouldn't solve the problem because Harbaugh is a big part of that thing.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3qmu1fbc said:
hawknation2014":3qmu1fbc said:
Sourdough #49":3qmu1fbc said:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/17/vic-fangio-san-francisco-49ers-defensive-coordinator/#

There is a video I am trying to find of Harbaugh admitting during a presser that he doesn't touch the defensive schemes.

LOL, not one of those links says that Harbaugh "doesn't touch the defensive schemes."

That's like saying Belichick "doesn't touch" the Patriots' offense because he was a LB Coach/DC.

The spin doctors are at it again.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3v18tbo4 said:
Sourdough #49":3v18tbo4 said:
hawknation2014":3v18tbo4 said:
Sourdough #49":3v18tbo4 said:

LOL, not one of those links says that Harbaugh "doesn't touch the defensive schemes."

That's like saying Belichick "doesn't touch" the Patriots' offense because he was a LB Coach/DC.

Ok chief. Believe w/e you want. Your wrong on this one. Skov pretty much sums it up talking about how the Stamford defense improved when he came in. Hence him being called Lord Fangio.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":xnkz20hm said:
hawknation2014":xnkz20hm said:
Sourdough #49":xnkz20hm said:
hawknation2014":xnkz20hm said:

Ok chief. Believe w/e you want. Your wrong on this one.

Oh, the irony is thick here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":blixt4z2 said:
Sourdough #49":blixt4z2 said:
hawknation2014":blixt4z2 said:
Sourdough #49":blixt4z2 said:

Dude, you are out of your depth again. You speak of that which you do not know.

Does Harbaugh talk to Fangio about strategy? Possibly. Its Vics baby though. If you knew this team really at all though and weren't just arguing for the sake of arguing you'd know that this is well known information and really not even debate worthy. It simply IS.

Harbaugh looked to and NFL Coordinator when he was at Stanford and since that time has let Fangio run the show on that side of the ball. Arguing that fact and saying we are just spinning is just making you look silly and exposing how little you actually know about the team.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":2baeflva said:
hawknation2014":2baeflva said:
Sourdough #49":2baeflva said:
hawknation2014":2baeflva said:

Does Harbaugh talk to Fangio about strategy? Possibly.

Thank you, Marvin, for proving my point while simultaneously maintaining your cognitive dissonance. You are a true marvel of 'the spin.'

When Fangio leaves with Harbaugh, suddenly Tomsula will become the true mastermind of the 49ers' success under Harbaugh.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":aynudkdf said:
Thank you, Marvin, for proving my point while simultaneously maintaining your cognitive dissonance. You are a true marvel of 'the spin.'

When Fangio leaves with Harbaugh, suddenly Tomsula will become the true mastermind of the 49ers' success under Harbaugh.

Um...he is under contract and can only leave for a HC job unless he leaves the NFL. Please keep typing, the only person your trolling is yourself.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":2914pavo said:
hawknation2014":2914pavo said:

Um...he is under contact and can only leave for a HC job unless he leaves the NFL. Please keep typing.

There is nothing to stop him from quitting and going to Michigan to be Harbaugh's DC like he was at Stanford. Why play for an organization so ungrateful for their accomplishments amidst ownership-generated uncertainty?

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2szduou8 said:
Marvin49":2szduou8 said:
hawknation2014":2szduou8 said:
Sourdough #49":2szduou8 said:

Does Harbaugh talk to Fangio about strategy? Possibly.

...and there it is again. NOTHING to back what you are saying so you lean on the "spin" crutch.

Weak. Next you'll change the subject entirely with some "Niners suck" commentary that still has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2ppmvnjw said:
Sourdough #49":2ppmvnjw said:
hawknation2014":2ppmvnjw said:

Um...he is under contact and can only leave for a HC job unless he leaves the NFL. Please keep typing.

There is nothing to stop him from quitting and going to Michigan to be Harbaugh's DC like he was at Stanford. Why play for an organization so ungrateful for their accomplishments amidst ownership-generated uncertainty?

This is true that he could leave for Michigan and if he does I admit we would be in trouble. I guess we will wait and see won't we. :snack:

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Can we please get back to the true topic at hand, which is hoping that the Niners really are going to hire Mora to replace Harbaugh?