Who will coach San Fran next year?

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2eakmld1 said:
Sourdough #49":2eakmld1 said:
hawknation2014":2eakmld1 said:
Thank you, Marvin, for proving my point while simultaneously maintaining your cognitive dissonance. You are a true marvel of 'the spin.'

When Fangio leaves with Harbaugh, suddenly Tomsula will become the true mastermind of the 49ers' success under Harbaugh.

Um...he is under contact and can only leave for a HC job unless he leaves the NFL. Please keep typing.

There is nothing to stop him from quitting and going to Michigan to be Harbaugh's DC like he was at Stanford. Why play for an organization so ungrateful for their accomplishments amidst ownership-generated uncertainty?

WOW. You're nuts.

You think Fangio will go back to College to be a DC on that level? That's just the crazy talk of someone who's wrong and grasping at straws. Fangio is one of the most respected DCs in th league and a possible HC candidate in the NFL. If he leaves SF it'll be as a HC or he could be released from his contract to work for Harbaugh elsewhere in the NFL as part of a potential trade...

...but Fangio in Michigan. Come on dude...think these though just a LITTLE bit.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1h1gc1ch said:
Can we please get back to the true topic at hand, which is hoping that the Niners really are going to hire Mora to replace Harbaugh?

LOL.

Lord, I hope not.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I think Mora was a bad choice for the Seahawks because he formed friendships with the players at the time when he was the secondary coach. We needed a complete roster turnover and he wasn't the right guy to make those tough decisions. I was excited when he was hired as coach but after a few weeks into the season it was very clear that he wasn't the right guy for that job. I remember feeling a huge sense of relief when Paul Allen made the decision to move on from him after one season.

I don't think he would have the same problems he had with the Seahawks if he gets an NFL job so if the Niners do eventually hire him I don't think he would be a bad fit. It would be a completely different set of circumstances than coaching his hometown team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2rmumzal said:
I think Mora was a bad choice for the Seahawks because he formed friendships with the players at the time when he was the secondary coach. We needed a complete roster turnover and he wasn't the right guy to make those tough decisions. I was excited when he was hired as coach but after a few weeks into the season it was very clear that he wasn't the right guy for that job. I remember feeling a huge sense of relief when Paul Allen made the decision to move on from him after one season.

I don't think he would have the same problems he had with the Seahawks if he gets an NFL job so if the Niners do eventually hire him I don't think he would be a bad fit. It would be a completely different set of circumstances than coaching his hometown team.
I don't think Mora really had any say in personnel anyway. It was all Ruskell.

Besides, I think Schneider is really well liked by the players, and he has gotten rid of a few of them.

As far as Mora's ability, he was a horrid in game coach. Always a step behind in making adjustments. I don't think that trait will go away just because he isn't in Seattle.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1vy97r44 said:
bigtrain21":1vy97r44 said:

Besides, I think Schneider is really well liked by the players, and he has gotten rid of a few of them.

The coach always has a say. Sure the GM makes the final decision, but the coach has input.

It was just a different dynamic. Schneider came into a new situation and was molding a team with Carroll. They set a precedent right from the beginning that best man wins and have pretty much lived by that the entire time. I absolutely know that carroll and schneider are liked by a majority of the players but they all absolutely know that what happens on the football field trumps everything and if someone is better than you, you are at risk for getting cut.

I didn't forsee the problems when we hired mora but anyone that followed the team closely could see that the situation was not working out. I credit Paul Allen for making the decision quickly to cut bait.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bigtrain21":mzf0bj1y said:
Scottemojo":mzf0bj1y said:
bigtrain21":mzf0bj1y said:

The coach always has a say. Sure the GM makes the final decision, but the coach has input.

It was just a different dynamic. Schneider came into a new situation and was molding a team with Carroll. They set a precedent right from the beginning that best man wins and have pretty much lived by that the entire time. I absolutely know that carroll and schneider are liked by a majority of the players but they all absolutely know that what happens on the football field trumps everything and if someone is better than you, you are at risk for getting cut.

I didn't forsee the problems when we hired mora but anyone that followed the team closely could see that the situation was not working out. I credit Paul Allen for making the decision quickly to cut bait.
For sure.

We don't lack for "dirtbags" now.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":2sheoi36 said:
hawknation2014":2sheoi36 said:
Sourdough #49":2sheoi36 said:
hawknation2014":2sheoi36 said:
Thank you, Marvin, for proving my point while simultaneously maintaining your cognitive dissonance. You are a true marvel of 'the spin.'

When Fangio leaves with Harbaugh, suddenly Tomsula will become the true mastermind of the 49ers' success under Harbaugh.

Um...he is under contact and can only leave for a HC job unless he leaves the NFL. Please keep typing.

There is nothing to stop him from quitting and going to Michigan to be Harbaugh's DC like he was at Stanford. Why play for an organization so ungrateful for their accomplishments amidst ownership-generated uncertainty?

WOW. You're nuts.

You think Fangio will go back to College to be a DC on that level? That's just the crazy talk of someone who's wrong and grasping at straws. Fangio is one of the most respected DCs in th league and a possible HC candidate in the NFL. If he leaves SF it'll be as a HC or he could be released from his contract to work for Harbaugh elsewhere in the NFL as part of a potential trade...

Remember to attack the post (i.e. the logic or validity) not the poster, Marvin. This is a clear sign of someone who has badly lost the argument.

And what else can be expected when someone spends over a year twisting every story to suit your narrative.

From last off-season . . .

I'm about 90% certain Harbaugh is about to become the highest paid coach in the NFL...in SF.

He'll get an extension. That was going to happen regardless. As for power, we'll just have to see.

1) I think he'll get extended. My guess is he's about to be the highest paid coach in the NFL.

2) Sure they can. Any team trading for him will be looking to extend. It might be less that this year, but ifHarbaugh moves on next year the 49ers will be well compensated...especially since there may be a competitive market.

Not gonna happen.

Niners will probably make him the highest paid coach in the NFL in the offseason. With the new stadium opening it's estimated they'll have over 100 Mil next year in new revenue they weren't getting at the 'stick. There is no way he leaves an NFL gig for a college job before he gets a Lombardi. His brother winning one just makes it even the more certain he ain't going anywhere.

And whoever this guy is, he needs to post more:
korboko":2sheoi36 said:
Three years going to the NFC Championship Game, and one Super Bowl appearance yet they're still on the "Quest For Six". What happens if they go back to NFCCG next season and lose again? They're starting to look like the Philadelphia Eagles of the early 2000's. I'm pretty sure if the 49ers fail to make it to the playoffs next year, there is going to be some complaints down in San Francisco. They are expecting to win Super Bowls with this team.

If they don't win the Super Bowl next year, I don't think Harbaugh will be the 49ers coach for 2015.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think they'll make a very hard play for McDaniels, but will try and dictate the defensive staff. That's their best play; it gives them the best chance to succeed with Kap.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":7bj4oj46 said:
Marvin49":7bj4oj46 said:
hawknation2014":7bj4oj46 said:
Sourdough #49":7bj4oj46 said:

WOW. You're nuts.

Remember to attack the post (i.e. the logic or validity) not the poster, Marvin. This is a clear sign of someone who has badly lost the argument.

And what else can be expected when someone spends over a year twisting every story to suit your narrative.

I'm about 90% certain Harbaugh is about to become the highest paid coach in the NFL...in SF.

He'll get an extension. That was going to happen regardless. As for power, we'll just have to see.

1) I think he'll get extended. My guess is he's about to be the highest paid coach in the NFL.

2) Sure they can. Any team trading for him will be looking to extend. It might be less that this year, but ifHarbaugh moves on next year the 49ers will be well compensated...especially since there may be a competitive market.

Not gonna happen.

Niners will probably make him the highest paid coach in the NFL in the offseason. With the new stadium opening it's estimated they'll have over 100 Mil next year in new revenue they weren't getting at the 'stick. There is no way he leaves an NFL gig for a college job before he gets a Lombardi. His brother winning one just makes it even the more certain he ain't going anywhere.

korboko":7bj4oj46 said:
Three years going to the NFC Championship Game, and one Super Bowl appearance yet they're still on the "Quest For Six". What happens if they go back to NFCCG next season and lose again? They're starting to look like the Philadelphia Eagles of the early 2000's. I'm pretty sure if the 49ers fail to make it to the playoffs next year, there is going to be some complaints down in San Francisco. They are expecting to win Super Bowls with this team.

If they don't win the Super Bowl next year, I don't think Harbaugh will be the 49ers coach for 2015.

What's you're point...that I thought Harbaugh would resign and now it looks like he won't?

Kinda old news there...and has NOTHING to do with the argument in question. Kinda sad you went to all that effort to prove something I would have readily admitted.

I also remember saying on here that I thought the Harvin trade was a bad one because they were giving up too much for a guy with off the field issues (Said Minn was trading him for a reason) and being roundly criticized for it. Also said he couldn't stay healthy. I guess being right or wrong only counts when it suits your purpose.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin, have you ever thought of contributing to the football portions too? You seem to only bicker and argue. It's lame and adds nothing.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hcg4rpq said:
hawknation2014":2hcg4rpq said:
hawknation2014":2hcg4rpq said:

WOW. You're nuts.

Not gonna happen.

korboko":2hcg4rpq said:

What you're point...that I thought Harbaugh would resign and now it looks like he won't?

Kinda old news there...and has NOTHING to do with the argument in question. Kinda sad you went to all that effort to prove something I would have readily admitted.

After spending months and years defending Harbaugh's every move and standing firm in your belief that Jed York would make him the HIGHEST PAID COACH IN THE NFL . . . now you have completely turned on him. Not only that but you are now robbing him of ALL credit for the defense that he helped to manage and construct since his days at Stanford. Very sad, indeed.

Your move, spinmaster.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":177dzacf said:
Marvin, have ever thought of contributing to the football portions too? You seem to only bicker and argue. It's lame and adds nothing.

You ever think to look at what the posters I'm arguing with are saying or do you just prefer to see whatever point I'm arguing, post the opposite, then laugh like your all clever and end with calling me "goth girl" or something.

You seem far more interested in trolling me personally than engaging in an actual conversation...so pot, meet kettle.

Its all good tho...lets just not pretend that we don't both know what you're doing.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3jzvksb8 said:
Marvin49":3jzvksb8 said:
hawknation2014":3jzvksb8 said:
WOW. You're nuts.

Not gonna happen.

korboko":3jzvksb8 said:

What you're point...that I thought Harbaugh would resign and now it looks like he won't?

After spending months and years defending Harbaugh's every move and standing firm in your belief that Jed York would make him the HIGHEST PAID COACH IN THE NFL . . . now you have completely turned on him. Not only that but you are now robbing him of ALL credit for the defense that he helped to manage and construct since his days at Stanford. Very sad, indeed.

Your move, spinmaster.

There ya go...making sh*t up again.

For the record, I think York SHOULD make Harbaugh the highest paid coach in the NFL and keep him in SF.

It just doesn't appear that he will. I haven't turned on anyone...all I'm saying is that D is Vics baby. That's not exactly news either. Even Seahawks posters here know that.

Harbaugh remade the entire culture of the team. He built a fantastic staff that included Vic Fangio to run that D. I don't want Harbaugh to leave...

...but that won't change the fact that he likely will. You can call it spin all you like, but what I'm saying isn't even the tiniest bit controversial and generally accepted as fact anywhere but between your ears.

If/when Harbaugh leaves, he'll be missed in a big way. I got no illusions. It'll be a sad day.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":16ecp7tn said:
pehawk":16ecp7tn said:
Marvin, have ever thought of contributing to the football portions too? You seem to only bicker and argue. It's lame and adds nothing.

You ever think to look at what the posters I'm arguing with are saying or do you just prefer to see whatever point I'm arguing, post the opposite, then laugh like your all clever and end with calling me "goth girl" or something.

You seem far more interested in trolling me personally than engaging in an actual conversation...so pot, meet kettle.

Its all good tho...lets just not pretend that we don't both know what your doing.

I was actually interested to hear your thoughts on the next SF coach. Kind of why frequent this board, I like football discussion. I kept coming back into this thread interested in hearing a SF fans perspective, but no, just you arguing over petty shit.

I'm trolling you personally? Umm, no. This is a topic I'm interested in and you are equipped with an alternate perspective. Use the search function, goth girl, if you think you're my favorite, you'd be mistaken. I take an interest in pushing along interesting football topics.

I'm not engaging in the conversation? I'd maybe take a look in this very thread, Stupid. I listed why I think McDaniels is a good choice. Quit lying and trying to argue, Goth Girl.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":1ct6v48m said:
Marvin49":1ct6v48m said:
pehawk":1ct6v48m said:

Its all good tho...lets just not pretend that we don't both know what your doing.

I was actually interested to hear your thoughts on the next SF coach. Kind of why frequent this board, I like football discussion. I kept coming back into this thread interested in hearing a SF fans perspective, but no, just you arguing over petty shit.

I'm trolling you personally? Umm, no. This is a topic I'm interested in and you are equipped with an alternate perspective. Use the search function, goth girl, if you think you're my favorite, you'd be mistaken. I take in interest in pushing along interesting football topics.

I'm not engaging in the conversation? I'd maybe take a look in this very thread, Stupid. I listed why I think McDaniels is a good choice. Quit lying and trying to argue, Goth Girl.

1st Bold) Wasn't saying all you do is troll me on this site. I was saying the only time you converse with ME is to troll me.

2nd Bold) Nice personal attack.

As for the subject, I said McDaniels would be interesting. Something about Shanahans comments the other day piqued my curiosity. I doubt very highly it'll be Holmgren.

My guess is Tomsula, Fangio, a college coach, or Shanahan.

I used to think like a Pep Hamilton or something, but I have to think they are conscious of the backlash of a bit of a no name after dumping Harbaugh.

Then again, its not like Tomsula would jump out to everyone as a great hire either.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2yps0lhd said:
Your move, spinmaster.

Marvin posted that he still supports Harbaugh. I am the one who is fine with him leaving. We are 2 separate people....

Try to pay a little more attention to detail. Otherwise you come across a spinmaster yourself.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":78ryvirf said:
hawknation2014":78ryvirf said:
Your move, spinmaster.

Marvin posted that he still supports Harbaugh. I am the one who is fine with him leaving. We are 2 separate people....

Try to pay a little more attention to detail. Otherwise you come across a spinmaster yourself.

Yes, he wrote that after my comment. Also after he jumped to defend your slam of Harbaugh. That's more of his cognitive dissonance in action.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3oz3f0p0 said:
Sourdough #49":3oz3f0p0 said:
hawknation2014":3oz3f0p0 said:
Your move, spinmaster.

Yes, he wrote that after my comment. Also after he jumped to defend your slam of Harbaugh. That's more of his cognitive dissonance in action.

Heh he said that Fangio is in charge of the D and he has control of the O. That's the only portion he agreed with. Perhaps you should go back and reread. Sounds like you need a refresher.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
After having Pete Carroll be so successful here, I would say that SF should try to find a coach on his second go-round to see what he learned from his first time out. Someone like Gary Kubiak, who I think could maximize the return on Colin Kaepernick, would be a good idea IMO.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3qs85q8o said:
hawknation2014":3qs85q8o said:
Sourdough #49":3qs85q8o said:
hawknation2014":3qs85q8o said:
Your move, spinmaster.

Heh he said that Fangio is in charge of the D and he has control of the O. That's the only portion he agreed with. Perhaps you should go back and reread. Sounds like you need a refresher.

Exactly. He jumped in to defend that part of your slam rather than rebut your overall premise that Harbaugh is not significant to the team's success. It was only after I made my comment that he professed his undying love for Harbaugh in classic, bipolar fashion.