Who would you take ??

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I'll take Giacomini.

Irvin can be 75-80% of Clemons. Red would do nothing for our interior pass rush, and teams figured out how to run when we collapsed him last year. Taint would be nice (gawd I hate Percy Harvin) but he disappeared too often for me to say any one game he would have been a deciding factor.

I like Britt. He looks like a rookie. Trial by fire will make him better. I just didn't like changing the oLine again! Wilson is our best player, our difference maker and our future. Keep him upright and healthy. That and the big Russians unibrow.

Veilside

Reaction score
To me it seems like our d line is missing clinton mcdonald more than people are realizing. I'd take a chance on bringing him back and improving our dt depth.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Easy for me. Red Bryant. Loved watching him rally the defense. Jumping up and down, pumping the crowd. He was the best at revving the engine. I think its one of the biggest things we miss this year on D. There's no fire. No pre snap excitement or intimidation. That stuff was huge. Worked on the home crowd and wore down the opponents by frustrating them or just plain realizing they dont have what it takes. Started with Big Red

jdblack

Reaction score
Veilside":eqmr0950 said:
To me it seems like our d line is missing clinton mcdonald more than people are realizing. I'd take a chance on bringing him back and improving our dt depth.

+1

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Veilside":34dog2dj said:

This is my same thought. I would love to still have Clem, Tate or even big Red, but in the end the pass rush seems to need a shot in the arm and I think a guy like Clinton McDonald would be huge improvement pass rushing up the gut. Oh well, It would just be nice if Jordan Hill (or Jesse Williams if he would/could ever been healthy) could add that dimension when he's healthy, but he's still young and doesn't seem to have that same punch McDonald gave last year.

I think next years draft will be interesting, since the team has spots to REALLY fill (DT/DE/RB/OL/LB/blocking TE) after two years of drafting players to "red shirt" and learn for a year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Red, not only for him being the consistent anchor on the line creating for everyone else, but for his locker room leadership, which we seem to be missing some of this season.

Clemons is a close 2nd, as he's having a good year for the Jags, and we could desperately use another quality DE in that rotation.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Im going BiG RED as well. Passing downs aside, the guy elminated two thirds of running lanes, literally

sam1313

Reaction score
Browner, McDonald, Thurmond (assuming he was healthy), in that order. While I think Burley has done an admirable job in our defense, I think that either Thurmond or Browner may have kept us from losing at least the Rams game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
1A: a healthy Sidney Rice; 1B: Golden Tate. Not to say our receivers are bad -- I like the group. But you need the big target. As a straight up passer, Russell looked his best when Rice was fully functional. Tate plays bigger than his size -- strong hands, can high point the ball anywhere in his catching radius and tremendously athletic. Tate also gives you the added ST ability. In 2012, I think both guys were borderline Pro Bowl quality WRs who were largely hidden in this offense.

Losing Anthony McCoy was also a big blow for exactly this reason. Would've been huge to have him this year. If that 2012 Rice/Tate/Baldwin/Miller/McCoy nucleus could've stayed on the field for a few years, I think we'd be seeing some special stuff right now (just need to insert a speed guy every once in a while). But alas, that's football.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Some good candidates, but on defense I would like to have Red back. He reams to help not only on the run D, but he also allowed us to keep guys like Bennett and Avril free.

On offense it's a no-brainer for me: Rice would be nice. Obviously the injury makes this null, but there ya go.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Honestly..... nobody.

I think Norwood and Richardson are going to be beasts in this offense now that they're getting reps. Britt, while definitely being a downgrade from Breno is a legit NFL RT and will only get better as he gets battle tested (like Breno did). I'd take a healthy Coleman over Mike Rob. All Red ever really did was set the edge against the run, and Dallas notwithstanding we've been pretty good against the run without him.

Really, the only guy who left that I don't see an obvious replacement for is McDonald. He brought it up the middle. That penetration is missing.

I'd maybe bring back BB just for the `tude.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Veilside":3kk7w3d5 said:
This plus he would hopefully give a better inside push on the pass rush.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tough call.. as Tate is having a monster year, but hard to picture him doing that same thing in this offense.

Clemons would really help the pass-rush, which has been invisible much of the season. Thurmond and Browner would shore up the secondary.. which has been decimated by injury.. Bryant and McDonald would have been real nice to have against the Cowboys.

Gun to my head.. I probably pick Tate.. but could really make a case for a lot of them.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think the biggest thing is just getting the guys we've got healthy. We’ve got the shit beaten out of us this year. It's hard to win with so many important pieces watching from the sidelines...