Who would you want as OC

getnasty

Reaction score
Harold Goodwin from Arizona might be interesting. Jim Bob Cooter was a hot name that has never really figured out the running game. Bill Musgrave did well with Derek Carr. My choice is gonna be Greg Roman, anyone that can make Kap look good has got to be legit. Plus he has OL experience.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
getnasty":2t0aclza said:
Harold Goodwin from Arizona might be interesting. Jim Bob Cooter was a hot name that has never really figured out the running game. Bill Musgrave did well with Derek Carr. My choice is gonna be Greg Roman, anyone that can make Kap look good has got to be legit. Plus he has OL experience.

I always thought Greg Roman was better than Bevell. I'm just not sure how much better he would be.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3mt2od8n said:
Steve Sarkisian and package him with Nick Holt.
I would say no to Sark, as I think he is a crappy playcaller, but if I have to choose between him and Bevell, hellooooooo Sark!
:D

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1rzzmr2a said:
Saints OC Pete Carmichael could be offered the position of OC/AHC.

youve brought his name up a couple of times... do you have a link to some story or is he more on your wish list?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qod0iz79 said:
hawknation2017":qod0iz79 said:

youve brought his name up a couple of times... do you have a link to some story or is he more on your wish list?

It's definitely a personal wish list based on my appreciation of Carmichael over the years. What kind of story do you mean? We don't even know that Seattle will actually pursue a new OC, unfortunately.

Here's some recent news on Carmichael:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/947473346886807552[/tweet]

I don't think he ultimately gets the HC job with Chicago, due his lack of head coaching experience and being under the shadow of Sean Payton. Unfortunately, we will probably have to wait until these other teams make their HC hires before we seriously pursue top OC prospects like Carmichael.

If Carmichael wants to get more consideration as a HC candidate (and even become a prime candidate to replace Carroll in a few years) then he should forge his own path in Seattle, reestablish the running game here, earn Russell Wilson an MVP, win a Super Bowl, etc.

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawknation2017":15y17lgk said:
Uncle Si":15y17lgk said:
hawknation2017":15y17lgk said:

It's definitely a personal wish list based on my appreciation of Carmichael over the years. What kind of story do you mean? We don't even know that Seattle will actually pursue a new OC, unfortunately.

I don't think he ultimately gets the HC job with Chicago, due his lack of head coaching experience and being under the shadow of Sean Payton. Unfortunately, we will probably have to wait until these other teams make their HC hires before we seriously pursue top OC prospects like Carmichael.

If Carmichael wants to get more consideration as a HC candidate (and even become a prime candidate to replace Carroll in a few years) then he should forge his own path in Seattle, reestablish the running game here, earn Russell Wilson an MVP, win a Super Bowl, etc.
Is that a quote or you stating your opinion?

Doug Marrone was Carmichael prior and he got a gig.

John Deflippo is a QB coach and getting serious HC consideration.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3o06lw6w said:
Subzero717":3o06lw6w said:
Lane Kiffin. No joke.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Dude only won games this year because he recruited a bunch of felons who had been kicked out of real schools and played a pathetic schedule.
And he wasn't even the offensive coordinator or primary play caller.

He's won national championships at Bama and SC a coordinator. He was doing things with Bamas offense they've never done before. He's not a people person and I don't think he will get a serious HC gig again. He would be perfect being insulated as an OC just focusing on offense.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Subzero717":2wd7lb8h said:
hawknation2017":2wd7lb8h said:
Uncle Si":2wd7lb8h said:
hawknation2017":2wd7lb8h said:

Is that a quote or you stating your opinion?

Doug Marrone was Carmichael prior and he got a gig.

John Deflippo is a QB coach and getting serious HC consideration.

Sorry, is what a quote? The only "quote" in my post is the tweet from Rappaport that Carmichael is being considered (among others) for the Bears HC position.

Marrone had to go the college game first (Syracuse) after being the OC with the Saints under Sean Payton, which kind of evidences my point. Carmichael, like Marrone, is working under the shadow of Sean Payton. That is an obstacle to a HC position in the NFL,

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1jrmqqzl said:
KitsapGuy":1jrmqqzl said:

Don't know if serious. I hope not. ATL's offense went down the crap shoot this year largely due to Sarkisian.
This my take as well..
We don't need him hitting the bottle again in his old Seattle roots

hawknation2017

Reaction score
IndyHawk":md90tq40 said:
Crizilla":md90tq40 said:
KitsapGuy":md90tq40 said:

Don't know if serious. I hope not. ATL's offense went down the crap shoot this year largely due to Sarkisian.
This my take as well..
We don't need him hitting the bottle again in his old Seattle roots

Sarkisian sucks as a play caller. I would rather keep Bevell. :pukeface:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Here is a Saints Blog's take on Carmichael as a HC candidate:

For the Bears, however, the fans aren’t going to go for an offensive coordinator with no head coaching experience. They’re going to demand more. As good as Pete Carmichael is as an offensive coordinator and offensive mind in general, he comes off as more of an analytical coach. Not the kind of guy you want dealing with the Chicago press and the fans of the team.

In his tenure in New Orleans, Carmichael has been under the shadow of Sean Payton. As successful as Payton’s offenses have been, he’s also the one doing a lot of the play calling. So it’s never really clear how much of the on field product you can credit to Pete Carmichael.

As successful as Carmichael has been doing what he does in his career, he’s never, at any point, been a head coach. Not at any level. To think the Bears would be okay with that flies against any common wisdom you’d want to ascribe to the situation if John Fox is dismissed.

https://whodatdish.com/2017/12/07/saint ... ot-likely/

Mostly agree with this. If true, it means Carmichael probably won't get a HC job. Coming to Seattle would make sense for a guy who wants to forge his own way. Or he could go the route of Doug Marrone and become a HC at the college level, but then he would have to deal with annoying stuff like recruiting, boosters, younger players, etc.

rcaido

Reaction score
No idea who are good OC but ill take Nate McMillan over DB...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
As long in the tooth as Pete is, do we try the “coach in waiting” thing to attract the assistant we want?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3k2a9b5q said:
As long in the tooth as Pete is, do we try the “coach in waiting” thing to attract the assistant we want?

Hell yes. There is no coach in waiting on the current staff. A superstar OC immediately becomes the favorite if they decide to stay in-house.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I think Richard could fit that bill in house but I think PA has shown to go after the whale.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
rcaido":3fidnicw said:
No idea who are good OC but ill take Nate McMillan over DB...

I would take my HS football coach over DB. He's only failed to reach the playoffs once in 30yrs now...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
The other UW head coach--Paul Chryst.
Chryst actually taught Wilson the Pro Style offense in college and is great at coaching up O line a and RB in Wisconsin.

We also need an OC who can watch and call the game from above and not the sidelines. The vantage point from the box helps the OC see formations better --just as Pat Shurmur has done in Minnesota. Chryst has done the same as an OC in college.

Maybe a virtual unknown OC and line coach like Bedenbaugh from Oklahoma.