Who would you want as OC

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3dgqs52p said:
The other UW head coach--Paul Chryst.
Chryst actually taught Wilson the Pro Style offense in college and is great at coaching up O line a and RB in Wisconsin.

We also need an OC who can watch and call the game from above and not the sidelines. The vantage point from the box helps the OC see formations better --just as Pat Shurmur has done in Minnesota. Chryst has done the same as an OC in college.

Maybe a virtual unknown OC and line coach like Bedenbaugh from Oklahoma.

I really think you’re onto something with Chryst.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Umm, guys, neither Paul Chryst nor any other head coach at a top Power 5 college program, in the prime of his career, is going to leave to take a coordinator job in the NFL. That's just not going to happen. Ever.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I love seeing the consensus here. It means that with our next OC hired, there won't be anybody let down or disappointed. :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3pw5h1f7 said:
Umm, guys, neither Paul Chryst nor any other head coach at a top Power 5 college program, in the prime of his career, is going to leave to take a coordinator job in the NFL. That's just not going to happen. Ever.

You're probably right, but it's nice to dream!

Steve2222

Reaction score
lmao no way Shaw and Peterson will go to the NFL to be OCs.

I’d go with a young, hotshot QB coach.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
What about going outside the box and targeting Peyton Manning? I wonder if he would even entertain the idea.

getnasty

Reaction score
There has never been and will never be a head coach of a top 15 college football team that leaves that college to become a coordinator in the NFL. So enough with Shaw, and Peterson, Chryst and any other successful college coach. College coordinators will make the jump but not coaches.

getnasty

Reaction score
Also successful OC's in the NFL don't usually leave a good situation for a lateral move, so the Josh Mcdaniels of the world aren't coming here either.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1zdtgvxo said:
What about going outside the box and targeting Peyton Manning? I wonder if he would even entertain the idea.

Would he even get on the plane? :sarcasm_off:

crosfam

Reaction score
Jim Caldwell as OC/AHC. Really. Maybe Bevell will go to the NCAA (Arizona?), and make a decent HC. I don't think Bevell has done so poorly, just that it probably is time for a change, and it does not look like he will go the NFL HC route, unlike Richard.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lol at some of these names. Josh McDaniels? Peyton Manning? Paul Chryst off a Top 5 ranking and Orange Bowl win?

Bevell isn't going anywhere for one, but an OC is going to be a QB coach from another team or a retread like Norv Turner, Gary Kubiak, etc.

John DeFilippo would be my #1 choice, but he's more than likely getting a serious look at a HC gig.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
FWIW, on Monday ADB said the problem on the O was not the plays called, it was execution of the play which falls on the players.
ADB wants the ball and if he was mad at the OC, he would not have said that.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3vofkxaa said:
NorthDallas40oz":3vofkxaa said:

You're probably right, but it's nice to dream!

Probably not, but.. you then trow the line that at some point, sooner than later, there will be a HC vacancy available and Paul, your at the top of the short list.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":3makskkt said:
FWIW, on Monday ADB said the problem on the O was not the plays called, it was execution of the play which falls on the players.
ADB wants the ball and if he was mad at the OC, he would not have said that.

Yeah, and where's the point where the execution starts to break down.. immediately?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
You asked....I still wonder what Zorn would be like as an OC. He did not get that chance in DC...would like to see what he can do here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Heard a co-worker talking about Zorn yesterday as well. This team desperately needs a change at OC and O Line Coach.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Why not Mickey Mouse? After all, we already run a Mickey Mouse offense. Mickey would be an upgrade over Goofy.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36e53tae said:
Heard a co-worker talking about Zorn yesterday as well. This team desperately needs a change at OC and O Line Coach.

And if we do nothing as it now appears, that signals the coordinators are following orders and doing what is asked. Knowing that, it would mean Pete is not interested in new ideas. He brought us a SB W don't forget, so lets just be thankful and more patient. (/sarc) :snack: