Who's the blame for the loss

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wilson wasn't actually as bad as he sometimes is. He wasn't overthrowing everyone.

BUT...on those three picks, it was bad. Easily the worst decisions of his season.

Good cornerbacks are always his bane.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Too many mistakes in all 3 phases. Losing Bobby and KJ was the nail in the coffin. The Jags were able to run the ball at will after they both left the game.

Even without an elite defense I still think Russ can carry this team but we got no shot if he is turning the ball over like that.

mrt144

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1luiykbm said:
Wilson wasn't actually as bad as he sometimes is. He wasn't overthrowing everyone.

BUT...on those three picks, it was bad. Easily the worst decisions of his season.

It just seems like neither he nor Bevell ever factor in the talent levels when going Rex Grossman out there.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":52kx0ln8 said:

"Good cornerbacks are always his bane" well that is not true at all. Once again if Doug does not fall or get pulled down its a TD, if Doug does not stop running and get turned around its a completion and its only 1 Int. Now since you say "Good cornerbacks are always his bane" please show where he has struggled against every good Cb in every game? You will find it is not true

Popeyejones

Reaction score
One score games are historically coin flips.

The Jags, like the Seahawks, also entered as an 8-4 team.

So, you have two teams with the same record essentially playing to a coin flip game.

I don't think anyone is to blame. It's equal opponents playing to a nearly equal outcome, which is about what you would expect (give the Jags three points for home field and we're talking a three point game, which is right in line with what you'd expect to see on a neutral field +/- 3 for either team).

Seymour

Reaction score
Wilson throwing an int into double coverage takes the cake on this one. But they all contributed. Graham with 2 drops and a 15 yarder for his dumb ass shove in the back 5 yards OOB may get 2nd place, but that is more debatable along with Dline a no show.

Jville

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37vprch0 said:

AJ Bouye certainly had his moments of stardom. I thought Daryl Johnson was spot on with his assessment that Bouye trailed the Jimmy Graham route to successfully lure Russell Wilson into throwing a pick. A beautiful corner back play.

Any pattern of forcing the ball to a specific receiver over the course of a season comes with it's accompanying risks. :229031_shrug: There are those moments, in any game, when the pay off for good film study shows up. AJ Bouye did his homework.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Sadly, HeroBall Wilson showed up this week. I prefer the Dink and dunk MVP from last week that took selective deep shots. This week was HeroBall or Bust

Chapow

Reaction score
It's a team game, don't know what the point of trying to pin the blame on one person is. Lots of things contributed to the loss, not the least of which is the fact that we were playing against the best defense in the NFL in their house.

Yet again, so many people not giving any credit to the opponent and just acting like the Seahawks should have just cruised to an easy victory if only they weren't so incompetent. :34853_doh:

It's not easy playing the best defense in the NFL on the road almost as far from Seattle as you can get in the lower 48.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
3 picks. Atleast 4 huge plays given up on defense and another on special teams.

Yes. There are people to blame. Suggesting otherwise denotes that this is as good as this team is. And while that may be so, that is also up for a discussion of fault.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Is their a all of the above pick?

Russ was bad.

D was bad.

DC was bad.

St was OK.

Oc was fine IMO.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2f5x8bnu said:

Russ was bad.

D was bad.

DC was bad.

St was OK.

Oc was fine IMO.
Explain to me how Bevell was "fine". Even the announcers, who normally don't comment barbs at coaches were actively questioning Bevell's approach. Tell me, what about Bevell's approach was "fine"? His gameplan was something that a 7 year old would draw up on Madden.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2z4dhfui said:
Shanegotyou11":2z4dhfui said:

Russ was bad.

D was bad.

DC was bad.

St was OK.

Oc was fine IMO.
Explain to me how Bevell was "fine". Even the announcers, who normally don't comment barbs at coaches were actively questioning Bevell's approach. Tell me, what about Bevell's approach was "fine"? His gameplan was something that a 7 year old would draw up on Madden.

They questioned 2 plays and one was a pick. The first drive was perfect play calling IMO and nick ruined it. Penalties ruined the second drive. A dumb forced throw by Russ ruined the other. I didn't like how we went conservative on last drive before half.

The second half possession was another poor decision by Russ to throw to graham while bouye was baiting him. Russ had the edge on the DE and had 10-12yds of grass. Then we got a fg but Russ missed a wide open prich for a td then we did get a TD on back to back possession's. (10 points)

Then Russ got picked off throwing in dbl coverage and I believe he had lockett over the top for a TD on the right side of the screen. (Could be wrong) Then we scored on two TDs on two passes.

The last drive I questioned the 3rd and one call. (Ifedi holding and Ethan getting bullied for sack) Then we saw a poor Reffing play on 4th.

So besides a cpl possessions I thought it was a fine game. Russ didn't check down multiple times and threw it up. However in the the end we scored 24 vs a top d who holds teams to 15.

Only reason Russ was poor IMO was the picks were poor but maybe first to Doug was excusable. The last two he got baited and third he threw into dbl coverage to doug when Tyler was open over the top.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":31rw46v8 said:

Russ was bad.

D was bad.

DC was bad.

St was OK.

Oc was fine IMO.

I don't agree that the "ST was OK"....ST is was very bad. The kicker missed another makeable FG, the coverage unit was horrific. Mickens had a huge returns all throughout the 2nd half. It was extremely horrific. Just my opinion but I can't see how anyone can rate the ST performance as "OK" after watching yesterday's game. The only thing they did right was cause and recover a fumble but that's it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3vc2t99q said:
Shanegotyou11":3vc2t99q said:

Russ was bad.

D was bad.

DC was bad.

St was OK.

Oc was fine IMO.

I don't agree that the "ST was OK"....ST is was very bad. The kicker missed another makeable FG, the coverage unit was horrific. Mickens had a huge returns all throughout the 2nd half. It was extremely horrific. Just my opinion but I can't see how anyone can rate the ST performance as "OK" after watching yesterday's game. The only thing they did right was cause and recover a fumble but that's it.

Yea I agree. So change on to bad. Lol

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Whose to blame for the "un Seahawk-like performance"? Every player who set foot on the gridiron and every coach on the sideline. Every Referee who officiated like sh*t. I almost threw up watching the first half! There was plenty of blame to go around.
Bottom line....what is the team going to do about it? This Sunday will be a "dog fight"! We are going to see what this team is made of. We lose and the season ends December 31st.

SeaChat

Reaction score
The Jags are a complete package, and if left to their own devices could have won against us on a day when we weren't all banged up and missing half our defense due to injuries, which was one of the problems we faced going into this one. Russell did fine in spite of some screwups, he put 24 points on the boards.

You can accept or reject the one clear game winning score that Russell was denied when Paul was thrown to the ground and one more time in this game, the officials stood there watching it happen, and did not do a thing to make it right, knowing full well the implications it would have on the outcome of the game.

You can all roll with the defense of the officials being dumb, as their excuse for this kind of game "miss management", but I say they are dumb as foxes guarding the hen house, and that in this one, it is sight on game management. Merry Christmas Jaguars, from the NFL Home Office.

It didn't help that our defence allowed 30 points on the boards for the Jags, with or without our merry band of mis managers out there frustrating our defense with all their "what's good for the goose aint good for the gander" calls. I personally think if anyone deserved to get their butts kicked out there yesterday it was the officials. All the anger and frustration that boiled over yesterday, between the players and coaches, was directly related to the doings of the Mis-Managers.

In summary our offense and defense played well enough to beat the Jaguars and in my opinion did so convincingly if you remove the "mis-management crews influences" on the game. Also on a closing note, coaches and players in the NFL are forbidden from speaking out about the corruption that is orchestrated by the NFL's NY head office, week after week, season after season. No matter how blatant or obvious their actions may be, and no matter how damning their mis-management might be to their teams standings.

There are SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES that can be leveled against coaches and players who might be so bold as to speak the truth about matters. They can be ejected, suspended, fined, reprimanded, and in fact banned indefinitely for ever standing up and speaking out on the subject of NFL CORRUPTION. Your team only goes to the playoffs and Ultimately the Super Bowl if the decide to let you.

People keep asking where we need to spend money to get our team to the Super Bowl. Maybe we need to stop worrying about buying good players and just start greasing the wheels that really dictate its winners and losers. Makes me sad and sick to consider the realities of that prospect. Its time for the fans to come together and demand they clean this mess up, since our coaches and players can't without jeopardizing their careers and livelihood.

Go Seahawks !

Anthony!

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1pgynbgs said:
Spin Doctor":1pgynbgs said:
Shanegotyou11":1pgynbgs said:

Russ was bad.

D was bad.

DC was bad.

St was OK.

Oc was fine IMO.

They questioned 2 plays and one was a pick. The first drive was perfect play calling IMO and nick ruined it. Penalties ruined the second drive. A dumb forced throw by Russ ruined the other. I didn't like how we went conservative on last drive before half.

The second half possession was another poor decision by Russ to throw to graham while bouye was baiting him. Russ had the edge on the DE and had 10-12yds of grass. Then we got a fg but Russ missed a wide open prich for a td then we did get a TD on back to back possession's. (10 points)

Then Russ got picked off throwing in dbl coverage and I believe he had lockett over the top for a TD on the right side of the screen. (Could be wrong) Then we scored on two TDs on two passes.

The last drive I questioned the 3rd and one call. (Ifedi holding and Ethan getting bullied for sack) Then we saw a poor Reffing play on 4th.

So besides a cpl possessions I thought it was a fine game. Russ didn't check down multiple times and threw it up. However in the the end we scored 24 vs a top d who holds teams to 15.

Only reason Russ was poor IMO was the picks were poor but maybe first to Doug was excusable. The last two he got baited and third he threw into dbl coverage to doug when Tyler was open over the top.

actually, they said that numerous all the routes were all go routes, they also mentioned how there were times there were multiple wr in the same area. They also mentioned more than once how the routes seemed very simple