Why are we playing on NEW YEARS EVE?!?

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Here in Adelaide, Australia the game starts 7:55AM NYD, but it isn't on TV. :x The Carolina-Atlanta game is, however.

What makes my marrow bubble is that normally we have 5 0r 6 games a week on TV (3 on free-to-air and 2-3 on satellite Foxtel payTV), but this week, the final week of the regular season, we get only two... and the other game is Patriots-Jets! Sheesh!! NOTFAIR!!!

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":38yacein said:
So Sunday is New Years eve in Sweden too? I would think they would have a metric New Year. :twisted:

:D There was an an April Fools' Day prank here about metric time being introduced here, when we switched to metric, many years ago, which blew a lot of folks' fuses...

getnasty

Reaction score
What are you doing from 1:00pm to 4:00pm on new years eve that it would ruin your day. I'm with everyone else NYE is lame.

droop828

Reaction score
All the football games will end by 8 pm est. That gives you plenty of time to go out and party! and get wasted. The NFL is played on Sundays and they don’t care about the small pct of people who want to go out early and party! and start getting wasted early. Also if you are the small minority who wants to party! all day then don’t let a football game get in the way.

themunn

Reaction score
getnasty":1htbockr said:
What are you doing from 1:00pm to 4:00pm on new years eve that it would ruin your day. I'm with everyone else NYE is lame.

Game is 9.25pm-12.30am(ish) here in the UK though.

Sad times.

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
But think about us poor europeans!! And also consider for the players who play on the east coast,game ends 8pm ish, and then postgame stuff,and then change into tuxedo, tie the bowtie etc...

Or do you want them to wear PRE TIED bowties?!? OUTRAGEOUS :D

Where is Largent80 on this? He must have some diplomatic response where we all agree that pre tied bowties and the :49ersmall: ers stink?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
themunn":36v4dt3i said:
getnasty":36v4dt3i said:

Sad times.
Why does the EPL start their games so early in the morning? They need to start showing more consideration to us Americans. No EPL game should start before Noon ET.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
907Hawk":10tkoh9l said:
Swedishhawkfan":10tkoh9l said:
Is the league stupid? So new years eve happens to be on a sunday.. PUT THE GAMES ON SATURDAYYYY!! Or even new years day when everyone is at home watching TV anyways... Now they have a year where ratings have been a let down, and they decide to have all the games on New years eve when alot of people cant watch?

Ok sure, west coast is fine, but essentially all international viewers in europe (like me) are screwed, and even most people on the east coast are probably screwed since the games will end around 7.30 PM when alot of people are in the midst of dinner plans.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE PLAYERS? Whats the point in making a gazillion dollars as an athlete if you cant make it to your fancy dinner party on Park Avenue wearing a bespoke tuxedo, but you are stuck saying "the ball didnt quite bounce our way" on a post game press conference in a stupid baseball cap?!?

So this scheduling CLEARLY sucks for ME, the players, half the east coast, and the rest of Europe, AND the NFL for getting guaranteed crap ratings.

ARGHHHHH!!!! :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble:

NFL football is played on Sunday, period.

Just thought that was kind funny.

It's true, other than when it's not true: Monday's, Thursday's, and occasionally on Saturday's.

But yeah, tomorrow would have been a great day for football viewership (on TV) I suppose. Stadium viewership would probably have suffered.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seanhawk":yz7r3pgs said:
seahawkfreak":yz7r3pgs said:
Believe it or not, not everyone thinks New Years Eve is the best holiday/day in the world.

Truth. I'll take it a step further and call it the lamest. Everybody and their mother out on the town acting like they are having their first beer.

Hmm, I'll be having my first beer (of the day) around 1:25 PM. :irishdrinkers:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
StoneCold":10ls3epa said:
Seanhawk":10ls3epa said:
seahawkfreak":10ls3epa said:
Believe it or not, not everyone thinks New Years Eve is the best holiday/day in the world.

Truth. I'll take it a step further and call it the lamest. Everybody and their mother out on the town acting like they are having their first beer.

Hmm, I'll be having my first beer (of the day) around 1:25 PM. :irishdrinkers:

C1ae264cb2446c0fc3aedad1b8be545544b4f4a9d2c9de422e

Pie Romania

Reaction score
So they can play like garbage, make a late comeback, still end up losing, and get drunk tonight before someone on the team ends up catching a DUI.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Pie Romania":pnzhd98l said:
So they can play like garbage, make a late comeback, still end up losing, and get drunk tonight before someone on the team ends up catching a DUI.

1 down, 1 to go.

themunn

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3gaw5xil said:
themunn":3gaw5xil said:
getnasty":3gaw5xil said:

Sad times.
Why does the EPL start their games so early in the morning? They need to start showing more consideration to us Americans. No EPL game should start before Noon ET.

I agree! I've missed plenty of those too