Why we shouldn't echo national experts' opinions on our QB

bbsplitter

Reaction score
A lot of people in here are the same people who would have traded away Josh Allen after year 2.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Completely missed the point.

Your completely missing the point. You can bring whatever stats or eye tests to the table that you want. They will not translate into wins with Geno Smith.

keasley45

Reaction score
Your completely missing the point. You can bring whatever stats or eye tests to the table that you want. They will not translate into wins with Geno Smith.

I'm missing nothing. Not the one with their emotions wrapped up in this.

Relax. The assertion that he needs to throw for 50 tds in a season is nonsense. Some of the best qbs in the game, and best teams to ever be put together were led by qbs who threw for just solid stats, not record breaking ones. You wanna go all in on the need to have a guy at the helm who goes Patty Mahomes, go ahead. Winning football doesn't require gawdy stats. Ask Eli Manning and quite a few others.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm missing nothing. Not the one with their emotions wrapped up in this.

Relax. The assertion that he needs to throw for 50 tds in a season is nonsense. Some of the best qbs in the game, and best teams to ever be put together were led by qbs who threw for just solid stats, not record breaking ones. You wanna go all in on the need to have a guy at the helm who goes Patty Mahomes, go ahead. Winning football doesn't require gawdy stats. Ask Eli Manning and quite a few others.

Emotions are whats blinding you. Your a Hawks fan and your trying to come up with ways to imagine Geno Smith being decent. His eight years in the NFL has taught me everything I need to know. The Seahawks coaching staff arent going to miraculously fix a guy that so many others couldnt. Its easier to just accept who he is and move on.

keasley45

Reaction score
Emotions are whats blinding you. Your a Hawks fan and your trying to come up with ways to imagine Geno Smith being decent. His eight years in the NFL has taught me everything I need to know. The Seahawks coaching staff arent going to miraculously fix a guy that so many others couldnt. Its easier to just accept who he is and move on.
you're right. i'm blind.

BASF

Reaction score
How many coaching staffs do you think he played for with a chance to start? The answer is only two. Both of them were defensive coaches and have never developed young QBs. Other than his first four seasons under those two coaching staffs he has played behind hall of famers (yes, I do expect Eli to make it as a veterans comittee choice) and never was thought to be a starter.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
How many coaching staffs do you think he played for with a chance to start? The answer is only two. Both of them were defensive coaches and have never developed young QBs. Other than his first four seasons under those two coaching staffs he has played behind hall of famers (yes, I do expect Eli to make it as a veterans comittee choice) and never was thought to be a starter.

Your right. I'm sure he'll be worlds better this season.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Not bad for a career 2nd string gane manager !
You know what? Geno has been playing like this in the past 6.5 games. I created this thread asking for 12s to give him a chance because he is not the old Geno. He has evolved into a Peteball game manager. But make no mistake, his arms strength is equal to Russ's

Scout

Reaction score
Geno is what he is.

A bridge QB that understand the offense.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Geno is what he is.

A bridge QB that understand the offense.
Still think that way? At this stage, every national media expert that wrote off Geno has been eating crow, and that's why we mustn't echo what they were selling.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Still think that way? At this stage, every national media expert that wrote off Geno has been eating crow, and that's why we mustn't echo what they were selling.
Who cares "what they are selling" what difference does it make? Why does anybody care what these people think?

Do you go home and cry if some mean guy on the radio downplays what this team is doing? This whole eating crow nonsense is very premature, we are coming up on week 5 for God's sake...people need to relax, it's a long season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno has been light years better than I thought he would so I'm happy to admit I was wrong. He was an 8 year backup with 4 different teams so it was reasonable to not expect this level of play. I'm still skeptical and will be shocked if he is more than a middle of the road guy at years end but at this point he's played very well. He got a chance and ran with it. I hope he continues to prove me wrong.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Interesting