Why couldn't the Ms get this Wong?

Jerhawk

Reaction score

Why couldn't we get this version of Kolten Wong? Why do players come here and suck, then leave and play good again?

The Mariners make me sick and sad. Help me understand

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Past his prime, simple as
He's only 32. If this was football I would agree. He's the same age as Bobby Wagner

But this is baseball. I'm 32. Are you....are you saying I'm past my prime? Oh no..

sutz

Reaction score
Shows why DiPoto thought he'd added a player. Some guys play well into their 30's at a high level.

Still only April. Maybe he comes around.

sutz

Reaction score
According to a lot of folks around here we did get that deal wong. ;)

cymatica

Reaction score
Something is wong with this team

Last edited:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Suarez is one of the few hitters in the last decade who have come to the Mariners and got better. But pretty much everyone else is like Wong. They suck once they come to the Mariners.

Even if he played like we expected he was basically a .250 hitter with about 10 HR’s a season.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Suarez is one of the few hitters in the last decade who have come to the Mariners and got better. But pretty much everyone else is like Wong. They suck once they come to the Mariners.

Even if he played like we expected he was basically a .250 hitter with about 10 HR’s a season.
So clearly, either Mt. Rainier or the Fremont troll is causing athletes to suck here. We need to find a way to get rid of Mt. Rainier.