Why do people go crazy for the Seahawks?

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm not really a Seahawks fan...I'm on here just to socialize mostly. Since I don't have friends in real life, I look to Seahawks.net to satisfy feelings of loneliness. Seahawks.net is my main outlet for human interaction. I think emoji's are cute. And my dream is to be a mod so others look up to me and/or have to respect me.

I've always kind of been an outsider, but if I we're to gain relevance and modership in this community, I'd finally be accepted...somewhere.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Why do you read a really great novel and invest yourself in the character, wanting to find out what happens to them, cheering when they do good, and fearing when they are in danger or trouble? Why not appreciate the book for the placement of the words, the grammar structure, the quality of the binding and printing?

Why do you watch an awesome movie and get tangled up in the plot and characters, jumping at the scary parts, crying at the sad parts, and laughing at the funny parts? Why not appreciate the mechanics of the cinematography for what it is? Why not ponder how much money all the extras are making, and all the school the directors and producers had to go through while the pixels on the screen in front of you flash bright and go dark, seemingly at random intervals?

One of the most confusing things to me is that most book readers and movie goers are not even storytellers themselves. They've never written a book or script, never directed a movie, which most likely indicates the majority of people don't actually make an unbiased, well-thought-out choice of which story is most well written, but rather arbitrarily chose a story as one they connected with most, or by simply liking the plot and characters based on simple whim or taste. If that's the case, why are people so insanely passionate about stories they likely chose as their favorite just because everyone else did? Why not look at all stories objectively and say they each have their grammatical strengths and weaknesses, and be happy reading or watching the story no matter how much you like it?

I just don't get it. Can anyone explain?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
pehawk":1qlkelih said:
I'm not really a Seahawks fan...I'm on here just to socialize mostly. Since I don't have friends in real life, I look to Seahawks.net to satisfy feelings of loneliness. Seahawks.net is my main outlet for human interaction. I think emoji's are cute. And my dream is to be a mod so others look up to me and/or have to respect me.

I've always kind of been an outsider, but if I we're to gain relevance and modership in this community, I'd finally be accepted...somewhere.
People look up to, and respect mods?
Funniest post all year!!!

Seahawkcanucknyc

Reaction score
my son, brendan, met sara from alaska, got married....
Moved to seattle and had seahawk babies

While my daughter julie met steve largent and never let us forget it

And after years of eating "the beast burger" with sides of skittles, my son dan became a fan of the guy, too

Thats how we became a seahawks, seahawks, seahawks, seahawks family

fenderbender123

Reaction score
mxguy":3ctgizxu said:
This is something I have tried to figure out for many years, and I just don't understand it.

Why are people so crazy and passionate about the Seahawks? They dress in seahawks gear at home and social events. They constantly talk about them everywhere they go. They paint their cars and garages and other things with the seahawks logo. They yell and scream so loud at the stadium so loud it sets sound records. They sit outside the stadium holding signs when the game isn't even going. In general it often seems like the Seahawks are the simply the most important thing in so many peoples lives. Seems so many people spend more time and effort supporting the Seahawks than anything else in their lives.

But why?

One of the most confusing things for me is most Seahawks fans are from the area, which most likely indicates the majority of people didn't actually make an unbiased, well thought out choice, but rather arbitrarily chose them as the best team ever based solely on them being the closest team geographically, or by simply having a cattle following the herd mentality. If that's the case, why are people so insanely passionate about a team they likely chose as their favorite just because everyone else did? Why not look at all teams objectively and say they each have strengths and weaknesses, and be happy watching the game no matter who wins, rather than just automatically hating the other team?

Tumblr lxsy3h8Dfq1qcay1ao1 500

jacobsod

Reaction score
pehawk":1zgb0ods said:

Oh stop, we wub you! lol

OP - you sound like one of those Cards fans my wife and I always sit next to at Cardinals / Seahawks games (since in AZ, the only Seahawk game I can go to all year). Every year they look at us like we're crazy and all of that for rooting for our team. Just makes me cheer louder! :stirthepot:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawkcanucknyc":3i8t6wp9 said:

And after years of eating "the beast burger" with sides of skittles, my son dan became a fan of the guy, too

LOL

I hate that commercial. If my kids moved away and became Niner or Bronco fans I'd disown them.

rideaducati

Reaction score
First off, how the hell do you KNOW that most Seahawk fans live in the area? I see Seahawk fans all over the place in southern California. I have been a die hard fan since 1978 and I have never lived in the Seattle area. I'm sure that Seattle is JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CITY with an NFL team. They have a lot of fans or they wouldn't have a team. When a city has a team that no one goes to see, they move.

With the NFL season coming to a close, you probably run in to Seahawk fans that are excited that their team is playing so well and actually has something to look forward to. Go to Miami and I bet they aren't too excited about the NFL because their season is over. Same in Cleveland, San Diego, Atlanta...etc.

It sure looks like you're trying to call us all bandwagon fans in a new way, but I'll let you in on a little secret. EVERYONE that is a sports fan has jumped on a bandwagon at some point in their life. Seahawks fans that I know and love jumped on one with a broken wheel. We have watched the Seahawks flounder near .500 since their inception. They were never good enough to win it all and never bad enough to get the first overall pick in the draft. Yet, we still loved them because it looks bad when you switch teams when your team is down.

Now, we have seen our team reach the pinnacle of sports and from the looks of it, they have an opportunity to sustain what they have done. After floundering for so long in the middle of the pack, our team has finally clawed it's way to the top and is now the leader of the pack.

It is OUR TURN to thump our chests. It is OUR TURN to look down on everyone else. It is OUR TURN to reel in the frontrunning fans. It is OUR TURN to be the hated team. It is OUR TURN and we are loving it. If you don't like it, you should choose a team that can beat ours...Good luck.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
It's super weird that people are spending the energy producing a ton of words in serious response to this troll post.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Fandom finds you. If you're trying to find some logical reason, you're barking up the wrong tree. Why do you fall in love with a certain man/woman when there are many other options out there? Why base it on attraction or feeling when you can instead line up every potential partner and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of each and select the one that best suits you? Why can't you just be happy with anyone?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vo5is1n3 said:
Seahawkcanucknyc":vo5is1n3 said:

LOL

I hate that commercial. If my kids moved away and became Niner or Bronco fans I'd disown them.

But what if your daughter took a selfie with John Elway?!? She has to become a Donkey fan! And your son married a niner fan, he has becomes a niner fan too. It's just the way it is according to the NFL. :Dunno:

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-nfl-famil ... 1663369466

endzorn

Reaction score
My urge to cheer for the Seahawks is a clinical obsession on par with OCD or physical tics. I also have the urge to press my wiener against hospital windows which coincidentally was how I received my first visual exam for HPV and herpes. The guy was a cancer patient named Lou. He says I'm clean.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3dkoug5s said:
Sgt. Largent":3dkoug5s said:
Seahawkcanucknyc":3dkoug5s said:

LOL

But what if your daughter took a selfie with John Elway?!? She has to become a Donkey fan! And your son married a niner fan, he has becomes a niner fan too. It's just the way it is according to the NFL. :Dunno:

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-nfl-famil ... 1663369466

haha.........I love Deadspin.

This is some idiot marketing firm's idea on how to sell NFL jerseys, and using ZERO logic.

tntmacsqrd

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1ndz6eqi said:
mxguy":1ndz6eqi said:
This is something I have tried to figure out for many years, and I just don't understand it.

Why are people so crazy and passionate about the Seahawks? They dress in seahawks gear at home and social events. They constantly talk about them everywhere they go. They paint their cars and garages and other things with the seahawks logo. They yell and scream so loud at the stadium so loud it sets sound records. They sit outside the stadium holding signs when the game isn't even going. In general it often seems like the Seahawks are the simply the most important thing in so many peoples lives. Seems so many people spend more time and effort supporting the Seahawks than anything else in their lives.

But why?

One of the most confusing things for me is most Seahawks fans are from the area, which most likely indicates the majority of people didn't actually make an unbiased, well thought out choice, but rather arbitrarily chose them as the best team ever based solely on them being the closest team geographically, or by simply having a cattle following the herd mentality. If that's the case, why are people so insanely passionate about a team they likely chose as their favorite just because everyone else did? Why not look at all teams objectively and say they each have strengths and weaknesses, and be happy watching the game no matter who wins, rather than just automatically hating the other team?

UFP60wK.gif

Screw that, I want to know why the duke pitched this little tyke into the watering hole :?: