Why do people grill on the Seahawks fanbase?

chris98251

Reaction score
Very Simple, they ain't us so the hate not being able to beat us. First it was no history, no chance, then one shout wonders, now it's just hate.

Seems like after 5 years of relevance your either embraced by the media and other fans or hated. Guess what we are?

We are the Raiders of the New Millennium, Don't cheat, tell you how were going to go about business, they just do it as you watch helpless to stop it.

That's why were hated.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
If you haven't won consistently in the past, you're apparently not supposed to win in the present or future.

Example: Late '90s Pats and Colts.
Teams have to beat the door down to get past stereotypes.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
silverandgold":3jjekfyq said:
Whenever I go to the social media on the NFL, I go like "ooh there's a 60 yard pass by aaron rodgers gotta take a look" and then for some reason the comments sections are full of guys trashing the Seahawks fan base. I see people going like "lol 'hawks fans don't know who hasselbeck is" or "100% of 'hawks fans are bandwagoners LOLOLOLOLOL" and the I get simply tired of seeing this type of behavior people are having. I mean sure there's bandwagoners, but in my state of connecticut, there's ppl who are fans of all successful teams outside of CT. I met a lot of fans of the cowboys (indeed A LOT of cowboy fans) 49ers, dolphins, packers, steelers, you name it and I just don't why those teams rarely if ever get bashed for having non-native fanbases. Not only that but if you go the meme generator, ppl like make a living making pointless memes that they think they're making a difference of calling all Seahawks fans bangwagoners in their stupid photoshopped images with captions. If any of you are familiar with a youtuber named norb-cam, there's ppl who constantly make a comment on whatever video he makes that down right demoralizes the 12th man. Why are so obsessive with the Seahawks in a negative way? Other leagues also have evil empires that pretty much hated by everyone else, but the haters don't go randomly wage a crusade on the said hated teams whenever they are brought up. I think the NFL community on the social media is more toxic than others. It's just stupid that ppl think they are somehow on a mission to slam the 'hawks and the 12th man on a never ending battle across the internet. The real bandwagoniners are the haters, not the fans. Cuz we don't obsess about our team as the haters do. To prove that fact, just 5+ years ago, they were all hating on the patriots and their fanbase. Now since the patriots are now having a twilight of their golden age, now they're hating on us, tho we are not yet the evil empire type, (we so far have 1 SB win). It just boggles my mind why people are so OCD over a friggin' sports team.
Why do you think the people have a special hatred to our team? Beside us being successful?

Giphy

OP
OP
S

silverandgold

Reaction score
Fair weather fans are in every city, in every state, for any team that is doing well. For example, how many Pats fans were there before 2000? Sure they had a couple of SB's before that, but they got destroyed by the '85 Bears in one and the other '97(?) they just got beat by a better team and a guy that went crazy on special teams. Overall in their history, they have been complete garbage. Then factor in the Belichick era, I am fully convinced they have been cheating from day one of his regime. There are way to many marginal rosters to prove anything other wise. The only team that seemed like a legit, bad ass roster from top to bottom was '07 and they lost the SB. Now, Pats fans now act like they are Gods gift to the world, just like Red Sox fans do after '04. Take the hate with a grain of salt. Most fans think 12's are nothing and we just showed up. We've been the loudest in sports for years now, not every 'Hawks fan is a die hard, but the same can be said about every fan base, in all sports. They are just jealous of our success.

The '97 SB loss was to the packers led by brett favre.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Smellyman":22tk56sb said:
On social media Hawk fans are very annoying. Say the slightest negative thing about the Hawks and their twitter gets blown up. Comment sections gets blown up. .NET is better controlled by mods.

Loudest stadium and very LOUD in social media too.

Probably a big part of it. I don't do social media, but it makes sense.

Also people are envious. They want to join "the club". Seahawks fans have been "us against them" for a long time; we're proud of what we have and the fan base we've built. We're the loudest and most loyal fan base (thousands of people lining the road after the team gets home late at night after a LOSS).

People call us bandwagon fans because they're either too young or bandwagon fans themselves to know any history about the Hawks. Thing is, up until SB XL, we literally were an invisible franchise. Fans have no idea how far back the 12th man goes, how we used to get flags in the Kingdome for being too loud, and having it infuriate our fan base into getting louder.

To most fans in the NFL, the Seahawks burst on the scene 15 years ago. Before that we were invisible, so hey, we didn't have any fans either, right ?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":26g496af said:
Smellyman":26g496af said:
On social media Hawk fans are very annoying. Say the slightest negative thing about the Hawks and their twitter gets blown up. Comment sections gets blown up. .NET is better controlled by mods.

Loudest stadium and very LOUD in social media too.

Probably a big part of it. I don't do social media, but it makes sense.

Also people are envious. They want to join "the club". Seahawks fans have been "us against them" for a long time; we're proud of what we have and the fan base we've built. We're the loudest and most loyal fan base (thousands of people lining the road after the team gets home late at night after a LOSS).

People call us bandwagon fans because they're either too young or bandwagon fans themselves to know any history about the Hawks. Thing is, up until SB XL, we literally were an invisible franchise. Fans have no idea how far back the 12th man goes, how we used to get flags in the Kingdome for being too loud, and having it infuriate our fan base into getting louder.

To most fans in the NFL, the Seahawks burst on the scene 3 years ago. Before that we were invisible, so hey, we didn't have any fans either, right ?

FIFY

morgulon1

Reaction score
Jealous, plain and simple. We have an awesome team, awesome state, awesome uniforms,awesome stadium, awesome fans. That my friend will bring out the hate.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
morgulon1":5gmi9kei said:
Jealous, plain and simple. We have an awesome team, awesome state, awesome uniforms,awesome stadium, awesome fans. That my friend will bring out the hate.
Godspeed Hateful bitches! Godspeed!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1jr7mfse said:
morgulon1":1jr7mfse said:
Godspeed Hateful bitches! Godspeed!

HAHAHAHAHA yeah human turds.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Because the "SEA-HAWKS" chant is annoying as hell and must be stopped. I actually get embarrassed when I'm out in public and I hear that awful chant. C'mon people, stop doing it. Come up with something better.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
ShaunPope":3mw3c0e2 said:
Because the "SEA-HAWKS" chant is annoying as hell and must be stopped. I actually get embarrassed when I'm out in public and I hear that awful chant. C'mon people, stop doing it. Come up with something better.
Spoken like a true opposing fan.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
:2:

Welcome to .Net.:)

And remember that being hated is good and that paragraphs are your friend. Also Twitter and Facebook are the devil.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
BlueTalon":yqm2q1nr said:
ShaunPope":yqm2q1nr said:
Spoken like a true opposing fan.

Born and raised in Seattle area and still live here. Lifelong Seahawks fan. I'm allowed to think that chant is annoying as hell and still love my team.

Latest posts