Why do people grill on the Seahawks fanbase?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3dr7lkxm said:
ShaunPope":3dr7lkxm said:
Because the "SEA-HAWKS" chant is annoying as hell and must be stopped. I actually get embarrassed when I'm out in public and I hear that awful chant. C'mon people, stop doing it. Come up with something better.
Spoken like a true opposing fan.
I love the chant but it is done way too often.

sutz

Reaction score
Because of how we got here. We are still the only team in NFL history to make the playoffs with a losing record, and instead of rolling over like the good little loser team from nowhere we had always been, we beat the returning SB Champs and almost made it to the NFC Championship game that year.

And we have the audacity to celebrate that instead of being embarrassed.

:0190l:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Here's a couple of reasons...

1. The so-called Fail Mary catch and improbable win over GB.

2. The last minute win over NE... Wilson to Rice.

3. Pete Carroll's sideline demeanor and dominant history with USC... sanctions... his leaving.

4. Golden Tate's taunting on his TD catch/run against STL.

5. Richard Sherman's rant about Crabtree after the NFCCG.

6. Centurylink field design... the noise... and the fanbase feeling that they're partly responsible for the team's home field advantage and dominant record at home.

7. Beating the Saints in the Beastquake playoff game with a 7-9 record.

8. Taking over the division from the Whiners.

9. Generally speaking, we've pissed off several of the long-standing fanbases around the league and they don't like it (us).

12thbrah

Reaction score
When you start getting haters it means your team has made it. I'm ok with that.

:th2thumbs:

McGruff

Reaction score
Why do people grill on the Seahawks fanbase?

Cause we're so freakin' hot!

But seriously, in NFL terms we are new money. The last 3 years have been an embarrassment of riches for a franchise otherwise mired in mediocrity. We don't have the heritage or long term success that garner nationwide respect.

New money is always hated. We're hated by the havenots because we got what they want. And we're hated by the have's cause we are beating them at their game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Because we went from a tight knit group of die hard fans that loved the hell out of our team that NO ONE outside of the NW knew about because we sucked.......................to being literally everywhere.

And like any successful team, The Hawks fanbase now has literally hundreds of thousands of bandwagon fans. I know, because I went from watching games alone on my couch during 2-14 seasons to now having to go to Hawk parties with a bunch of my wife's friends who wouldn't know Cortez Kennedy if he rang the doorbell and handed them a pizza with his jersey on.

But this is no different than any fanbase. Success breeds bandwagon and over exposure...........thus hate.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
My wife is from Seattle and I am from Texas. I grew up watching the Cowboys in the 90s. I would go to games at Texas Stadium that were like funerals it was so quiet. At the new Jerry World, it is more of a social event than a football game. If you get too loud people look at you funny.

I used to bash the PNW to my wife constantly. I would tell her in no terms would I ever want to be around a bunch of commie hippies, and that football was reserved for folks from Texas/the south. Well, she took to me to Seattle, and I instantly fell in love with the town, and the area in general. The weather, the outdoors, everything. Then she took me to a game at Century Link, and I was without a doubt the loudest sporting event I have ever been to in my life. I loved it so much that I went back for the NFC Championship against the 49ers.

Now, we are moving to Seattle for good this Dec. So, from an outsider, here are my thoughts.

1. Seattle is a small market, and an outpost. People go to Dallas, NYC, Chicago, to visit and vacation etc. No one goes to Seattle just to go. So, it's sort of an enigma to outsiders.

2. The blue bloods hate the Hawks. Trust me I used to be one. Sundays are for the Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Steelers, etc. Who in the world are the Hawks?

3. The fans actually cheer and get loud the entire game, and not just the 4th. I've been to plenty of NFL games and they can be beyond quiet until the fourth comes around. To some people, that is annoying, especially for the casual fan.

4. There is a lot of hate for PC. There always has been and always will be. People don't like other people who are supremely confident. This is especially true for insecure men.

5. The Hawks have ticked off the blue bloods in recent years. Between the 49ers, the Packers, the Manning, when you beat these folks often and by a lot, you're going to get enemies.

Just a few observations from an outsider.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anytime I experience a fan of another team claiming that Hawks fans are all bandwagon etc. I just say the same thing "you keep telling yourself that, and I'll keep watching my team in the Super Bowl"

ringless

Reaction score
I live in AZ, and while we have a lot of transplants here Seahawks fans were very uncommon. Now you can't go anywhere without seeing a Seahawks hat or jersey.

At the same time I understand winning creates new fans. But I think a lot of peoples hate is more directed towards the bandwagon fans.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
2 years ago, GB was the biggest NFL fanbase in Oregon. Northern Oregon had quite a bit of Seahawks fans and Southern Oregon had quite a bit of 49ers fans, but both were outnumbered in the state by GB fans.

I don't know if it's still that way, but that's funny coming from a GB fanbase....the bandwagon part that is. They're one of the biggest bandwagon fanbase teams ever.

Regardless, it's social media....don't bother with it.

tumblr_lahh7dKHF71qbyqcv1.gif

12thbrah

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":284mqz14 said:
My wife is from Seattle and I am from Texas. I grew up watching the Cowboys in the 90s. I would go to games at Texas Stadium that were like funerals it was so quiet. At the new Jerry World, it is more of a social event than a football game. If you get too loud people look at you funny.

I used to bash the PNW to my wife constantly. I would tell her in no terms would I ever want to be around a bunch of commie hippies, and that football was reserved for folks from Texas/the south. Well, she took to me to Seattle, and I instantly fell in love with the town, and the area in general. The weather, the outdoors, everything. Then she took me to a game at Century Link, and I was without a doubt the loudest sporting event I have ever been to in my life. I loved it so much that I went back for the NFC Championship against the 49ers.

Now, we are moving to Seattle for good this Dec. So, from an outsider, here are my thoughts.

1. Seattle is a small market, and an outpost. People go to Dallas, NYC, Chicago, to visit and vacation etc. No one goes to Seattle just to go. So, it's sort of an enigma to outsiders.

2. The blue bloods hate the Hawks. Trust me I used to be one. Sundays are for the Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Steelers, etc. Who in the world are the Hawks?

3. The fans actually cheer and get loud the entire game, and not just the 4th. I've been to plenty of NFL games and they can be beyond quiet until the fourth comes around. To some people, that is annoying, especially for the casual fan.

4. There is a lot of hate for PC. There always has been and always will be. People don't like other people who are supremely confident. This is especially true for insecure men.

5. The Hawks have ticked off the blue bloods in recent years. Between the 49ers, the Packers, the Manning, when you beat these folks often and by a lot, you're going to get enemies.

Welcome to .NET. Seattle's actually not a small market when your fan base reaches from Oregon to Vancouver CA. its also become a really popular tourist destination.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
sutz":1ysc344c said:
Because of how we got here. We are still the only team in NFL history to make the playoffs with a losing record, and instead of rolling over like the good little loser team from nowhere we had always been, we beat the returning SB Champs and almost made it to the NFC Championship game that year.

And we have the audacity to celebrate that instead of being embarrassed.

:0190l:

And in the process... we create earthquakes! 8) :mrgreen:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
There's only so much air-time and media spotlight. When the Hawks became successful, they took media spotlight, journalistic space, and attention from the other established teams with histories of success before we were even a franchise.

Feels good to be taking that from them, in an immensely satisfying way. Little brother has joined the league and become MVP.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Other teams need to worry about their own bandwagon fans and not Seattles. They are just pissed that there are more of them around to remind everyone who the best team is in the NFL right now. And I still don't get peoples issues with bandwagon fans. It only creates a bigger fan base to put the Hawks on the map. I guess the only real issue is getting your hands on game tickets without having to take out a 2nd mortgage. :evil:

Anyway, I hate the idea that all other teams fans think that Seattle has a bandwagon fan base. Even though I am a newer fan, I feel like the 'ol timers deserve more respect for what they've been put through over the years. Lol ;)

Smellyman

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":2rbkjf7o said:

Your wife landed a winner.

ptisme

Reaction score
As a Packers fan I would give a couple reasons why the Seahawk fan hate:

1. Jealousy. When you are the top dog, everyone wants to take their shots.

2. The toughness factor: Fans get sick of Seahawks fans telling other teams the Seahawks are tougher than X team.

3. The newbie factor: My team is a 13 time world champion and has been very good now going on 23 years. Seattle comes along and their fans act like GB is dog crap... They (certainly not all) tend to give no respect...

Not hating on you all just my .02.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Seahwkgal said:
Stay off social media. You will feel better.[/quote

Completely agree. The worst part is that sometimes I actually feel the urge to respond.

Latest posts