Why do people grill on the Seahawks fanbase?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I LOVE IT!!, I mean, let them cringe and angst on the inside, and snivel and blather on the outside.
It doesn't matter to some of these clowns that the Seahawks had to fight tooth & nail, only to be disrespected by the old established Franchises AND the Media for all those Years.
After nearly 40 Years of following the Seahawks winning and more often, their LOSSES, I NEVER considered changing away from them, EVER , then some 24 Year old twit fan from another team is calling me a Bandwagoner? that's rich.
Now that Pete Carroll and our beloved Seahawks have given us 12's Fans a taste of what it's like to finally beat out the Established "Good 'Ol Boys" for the top spot, some of those yokels fans want us to NOT be proud of it?...Yeah RIIIIGHT!
To Me?, the more they bitch & moan, the more I light up on the inside...I won't ever apologize for being a fan.
Tout for your team, because I sure as hell am proud of mine, and the older I get? it ain't diminishing one iota.
The Seahawks have no reason to feel like they are second to anyone in the League, and in fact ,they are right up there with the very BEST of the BEST.

mrt144

Reaction score
ptisme":3rwaqnea said:
As a Packers fan I would give a couple reasons why the Seahawk fan hate:

2. The toughness factor: Fans get sick of Seahawks fans telling other teams the Seahawks are tougher than X team.

As a Packer's fan how insufferable are Bears fans talking bout '85

NINEster

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":39cptjq8 said:
Here's a couple of reasons...

1. The so-called Fail Mary catch and improbable win over GB.

2. The last minute win over NE... Wilson to Rice.

3. Pete Carroll's sideline demeanor and dominant history with USC... sanctions... his leaving.

4. Golden Tate's taunting on his TD catch/run against STL.

5. Richard Sherman's rant about Crabtree after the NFCCG.

6. Centurylink field design... the noise... and the fanbase feeling that they're partly responsible for the team's home field advantage and dominant record at home.

7. Beating the Saints in the Beastquake playoff game with a 7-9 record.

8. Taking over the division from the Whiners.

9. Generally speaking, we've pissed off several of the long-standing fanbases around the league and they don't like it (us).

This is a good list. But #7 didn't bother any Niner fans that I know of (losing the 2010 opener was more annoying).

All things being equal, this list makes the Hawks more unlikeable than the Cards or Rams assuming those two were the recent juggernaut.

I've said before that I rooted for the Hawks against the Steelers in the SB, and if I had to stomach seeing a rematch, I might still root the same way.

Once upon a time, the Hawks were a team that wouldn't inspire hate. Being very successful WILL DEFINITELY inspire SOME hatred (let's not kid ourselves), but there's a limit to how much you could hate teams just on the basis of them being very good.

Social media is huge. Just seeing the hatred that Hawk fans have for all things Niners elevates the beef considerably. Having guys like Sherman on the team amplifies this.

If I may add one item to that list:

10. Russell Wilson

On his own, playing for Buffalo or Kansas City we'd probably see a much different guy....or at least the perception would be different.

Hawk fans have contributed to the bashing Wilson receives, sorry to say. For non NFC West fans, it's taken a few years in the league for his persona to cause eyerolls around the league. Niner fans would have been included too if the 12s would try to let him be invisible, but they haven't.

The simultaneous non stop over the top of hate of Kaepernick combined with an inflated value placed on Wilson's playing talent and his personality proved extremely insufferable for Niner fans -- around the NFL, fans see Wilson as a decent QB and a decent person, not a top 3 QB or the most amazing human being. That Wilson's success was often defined by riding the coattails of strong run game and defense, and offensive production through unconventional means of prolonged Tarkenton scrambling and "fortunate" plays only added gasoline to the fire.

It wasn't that Hawk fans felt that Wilson was better than Kap.....that part is understandable. It was from DAY ONE, the 12s seemingly never gave the man his due. Not due as a great QB, just as a decent one. Meanwhile Niner fans gave Wilson his respect, even if for some it was begrudgingly.

The Niners have been beaten in big games by the likes of Aikman, Favre, even Eli Manning and yet you only hated them for being good....and left it at that. It never crossed the line of personal or disrespecting the success as lucky, even if there was some luck.

So the Wilson/12 effect is huge to me and it plays off of each other. In a vacuum if you've never seen him before or paid any real attention, Wilson is harmless but in the overall context of everything that's out there, he adds to the fire IMO.

I haven't toed the line of being a submissive 49er fan on this site and at times have been aggressive towards the Hawks. That's not in my nature. At the end of the day, it's all defensive, part of being a fan.

You don't have to agree with my viewpoints that portray the Hawks in a less than flattering way, but in the context of this discussion as to why the Hawks are hated, they're valid.

ps - And btw, JJ Watt is starting to get on my nerves too. This wholesome embodiment of perfection combined with a slight tingle of fake humbleness "I'm pretending I don't want you to look at me.....but look at me" (i.e. that solo after practice BS on Hard Knocks) is annoying.

I'm not going to suddenly root against him and hate the guy, but perhaps some AFC South fans might see things differently than you or I. Already I've seen some people getting a little tired of him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ptisme":pdbrkusq said:

1. Jealousy. When you are the top dog, everyone wants to take their shots.

2. The toughness factor: Fans get sick of Seahawks fans telling other teams the Seahawks are tougher than X team.

3. The newbie factor: My team is a 13 time world champion and has been very good now going on 23 years. Seattle comes along and their fans act like GB is dog crap... They (certainly not all) tend to give no respect...

Not hating on you all just my .02.
Bring it sir. I just hope we learn to do the Raiders right. Also get over number two. It's frustrating when it's true right?

Personally I love the hate. I hope this is just the tip of the iceberg at least make it Patriot level. I hope for more but like Kip I have a dark sense of humor.

I also figure if my team was four times older while mostly playing in a nine team league with 10-12 games and two playoff games including the Superbowl....we'd have a billion faux championships also. Just like the Boston Celtics.

Here's the deal and what actually matters...Erin 1, Russell 1...I bet Russell gets more Superbowl wins then Erin. What say you?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Because for fans of teams with stories success, we're "new money".

schkoot

Reaction score
They do it because they know it bothers the diehards.

I've been a Hawks fan since I was old enough to understand what sports were. I was lucky enough to see the Hawks in person during the Largent/Krieg era, and tried to make at least a few games a year in the dark ages. I spent SBXL requesting score updates from our COC on a berm outside fallujah.

Now it's finally our time, and when someone tries to call me a bandwagon fan, I take some offense to it. There's nothing I can do to make it stop so I just ignore it, but it does piss me off.

ptisme

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ru2lzk4 said:
ptisme":2ru2lzk4 said:

3. The newbie factor: My team is a 13 time world champion and has been very good now going on 23 years. Seattle comes along and their fans act like GB is dog crap... They (certainly not all) tend to give no respect...

Bring it sir. I just hope we learn to do the Raiders right. Also get over number two. It's frustrating when it's true right?

Personally I love the hate. I hope this is just the tip of the iceberg at least make it Patriot level. I hope for more but like Kip I have a dark sense of humor.

I also figure if my team was four times older while mostly playing in a nine team league with 10-12 games and two playoff games including the Superbowl....we'd have a billion faux championships also. Just like the Boston Celtics.

Here's the deal and what actually matters...Erin 1, Russell 1...I bet Russell gets more Superbowl wins then Erin. What say you?
I predict Rodgers will win one more Superbowl and I also predict Seattle's defense will win one more super bowl...

Laloosh

Reaction score
ptisme":2i2x6m7x said:

I'm sorry but BS on #3. Why in the hell should anybody care (today) about your prior titles when we're comparing our current teams? Such a lame, entitled attitude.

When I talk to Browns fans (well, if I knew any) I don't ask them to kiss the ring. It's football fandom, not foreign relations.

Twelver

Reaction score
Any team from any place will get haters when they dominate. Especially when their defense stifles their favorite QB.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ptisme":1ukhphmr said:

LOL want to talk about poor fans...randy moss gave them a taste of what he had to see every tme they visited

WHRsgJp

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Laloosh":35hn4qq5 said:
ptisme":35hn4qq5 said:

I'm sorry but BS on #3. Why in the hell should anybody care (today) about your prior titles when we're comparing our current teams? Such a lame, entitled attitude.

When I talk to Browns fans (well, if I knew any) I don't ask them to kiss the ring. It's football fandom, not foreign relations.

Lets not even mention the merger didnt even happen until 1970 and when GB won their title in 67 there were only 24 teams. Since then they have won only 2 superbowls. The Seahawks have been in the same ammount of superbowls since the merger(3). You pretty much have to be a fan that is 55 years or older to even have been alive and aware of the Packers history and been around to witness it. The younger GB fans who try to rub in that history are just rediculous, like they were even around when it happened and the NFL was vastly different.

The fact GB has only won 2 superbowls in the last 23 seasons lead by HOF QB play is actually quite embarrasing IMO. Yes Yes I know its hard to win a superbowl I get it...but 23 seasons of Favre and Rodgers and only 2 championships? Both of them are HOF QBs That has got to be a failure. Probably will be less of a failure as the Colts though unless Luck can pull a few wins out.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Lets be honest though, when teams win their fanbase increases. There are tons of bandwagon fans, just comes with the territory

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NINEster":2ygntqk8 said:
It wasn't that Hawk fans felt that Wilson was better than Kap.....that part is understandable. It was from DAY ONE, the 12s seemingly never gave the man his due. Not due as a great QB, just as a decent one. Meanwhile Niner fans gave Wilson his respect, even if for some it was begrudgingly.
It is mind boggling to me that you would make this claim. Looking at the digits boards, very few people give Wilson any respect at all. He's lucky, a midget, Willow, can't wait to see him get killed (not literally) on a run, can't throw from the pocket, carried by Marshawn, carried by the defense, etc. For a long time, most digits fans were apoplectic that we would see Wilson even in the same light as Kaep, let alone better in any way.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
ShaunPope":2bdqxs7t said:
BlueTalon":2bdqxs7t said:
ShaunPope":2bdqxs7t said:
Because the "SEA-HAWKS" chant is annoying as hell and must be stopped. I actually get embarrassed when I'm out in public and I hear that awful chant. C'mon people, stop doing it. Come up with something better.
Spoken like a true opposing fan.
Born and raised in Seattle area and still live here. Lifelong Seahawks fan. I'm allowed to think that chant is annoying as hell and still love my team.
I didn't say you are an opposing fan -- but regarding this topic, you certainly sound like one.

As Morgulon1 asked earlier, what would you replace it with? Serious question. Whatever it is, it would have to be easy and succinct.

Personally, I get chills of pride when I hear "SEA... HAWKS...", especially when it's at another team's stadium.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1l6bq3t2 said:
NINEster":1l6bq3t2 said:
It is mind boggling to me that you would make this claim. Looking at the digits boards, very few people give Wilson any respect at all. He's lucky, a midget, Willow, can't wait to see him get killed (not literally) on a run, can't throw from the pocket, carried by Marshawn, carried by the defense, etc. For a long time, most digits fans were apoplectic that we would see Wilson even in the same light as Kaep, let alone better in any way.

Kaep has blown chunks against the Seahawks but outside of playing us he has done pretty good and ive said as much on this board.

He has 2TD/7INT in the regular season with a 53.7 rating and 1TD/2INT in the postseason with a 56.4 rating. We have 7 of his 21 regular season INTs and 2 of his 5 playoff ints

Latest posts