Why do so many people expect blow-outs every week?

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Percy Harvin had 3 TD's taken back for questionable calls. It should have been 21-0 Seahawks at one point, then perhaps 35-17. It shouldn't have been that close as it is.

But then I understand why some people expect blowouts these days. Last year was pretty unlike any other year. We won a lot of games, when we won they were pretty much routs, We blew out the 49ers in week 2, routed the Saints in primetime. Arizona was a rout there. We've been accustomed to blowouts. And then of course there was the Super Bowl, everyone thought it was the classic matchup, best offense vs best defense, but then it quickly became a rout, a blowout, then more than a blowout. :D

We should have routed Washington, honestly. If Harvin's TD's weren't called back we were well on our way.

The only game I'm really concerned about for this stretch of the season(I might get laughed off of this board) is next week, against Dallas. This game is either gonna be really close or a real rout. If Romo plays a good game then he'll have our secondary on their heels. This team has shown that they're just another football team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't expect blowouts EVERY WEEK.........but I do expect the Hawks to execute.

Sorry, but this teams has way too much talent in all areas of the game to shoot themselves in the foot over and over again, and not put teams away like the Skins who are vastly inferior.

marko358

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1erurr2q said:
I don't expect blowouts EVERY WEEK.........but I do expect the Hawks to execute.

Sorry, but this teams has way too much talent in all areas of the game to shoot themselves in the foot over and over again, and not put teams away like the Skins who are vastly inferior.

We beat a lousy Titans team last year at home by 7 pts.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1w9e6fzo said:
Barthawk":1w9e6fzo said:
Hawkpower":1w9e6fzo said:
Because many of the fans who post here after games are uneducated about NFL football due to the fact that they became fans last year.

Blue Friday at the office baby.
shut up.. you know shit about shit..

Well that seems like an appropriate response. Which part am I wrong about? And why did you clearly take that personally?

Interesting that I get a stern warning for my vague comment, but this is allowed free and clear.

sorry, that was unwarranted. The insinuation that Hawks fans are bandwagon is tiresome and ridiculous is what I should've said.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
marko358":xo29c2vi said:
Sgt. Largent":xo29c2vi said:

We beat a lousy Titans team last year at home by 7 pts.

..........and I'm willing to accept that if the other team just played out of their minds like the Titans did. But when it's just us being sloppy and making dumb mistakes and penalties? Not OK, and not the mark of a champion.

btw, this is what EVERY coach and player said after the game. Not OK, we should have won 45-10. So why is it OK for the actual players and coaches to say this, but not us?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't expect a blow out each week. I'll tell you why I expected a blow out this game. The last game the Redskins played, the Giants blew them out. In my mind, the Giants are an inferior team to the Seahawks. If the Giants can blow them out then so should the defending champs. That's the biggest reason. I'm happy they won. However, there are number of areas they can still improve upon.

byau

Reaction score
Silentwander":3ccrdqk4 said:
I didn't expect the blowout. However the score should have been higher than 27 if it wasn't for few penatlies, I am happy with the win tonight. Our Wilson was saver for our bad oline that he stepped up again. He was a such stud and amazing tonight.

The score didn't indicate how the game felt. Looking at the score and even box score and possessions it would seem that the game was close. Didn't feel close

hoxrox

Reaction score
I don't expect blowouts every week but this team is not firing on all cylinders right now. They could be a lot better.

The sloppy penalties, poor pass pro, receivers dropping balls, defense not getting the turnovers they got last year, lack of interior pressure on passing downs, getting burned deep on big plays 3-4 times in the last 3-4 quarters of regulation, etc

If we had any other quarterback (or punter) back there last night, who knows what the final score would have been.

Now there's many factors - I don't believe Marshawn is 100% (which is affecting the play calls), we missed Miller's help on the offense, Okung's injury is causing him to play badly, Burley is just not as good as Thurmond/Lane, etc.

On the flip side, the LBers are playing very well right now. KJ, B-Wags were lights out last night.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3v8pkmkn said:
Percy Harvin had 3 TD's taken back for questionable calls. It should have been 21-0 Seahawks at one point, then perhaps 35-17. It shouldn't have been that close as it is.

But then I understand why some people expect blowouts these days. Last year was pretty unlike any other year. We won a lot of games, when we won they were pretty much routs, We blew out the 49ers in week 2, routed the Saints in primetime. Arizona was a rout there. We've been accustomed to blowouts. And then of course there was the Super Bowl, everyone thought it was the classic matchup, best offense vs best defense, but then it quickly became a rout, a blowout, then more than a blowout. :D

We should have routed Washington, honestly. If Harvin's TD's weren't called back we were well on our way.

The only game I'm really concerned about for this stretch of the season(I might get laughed off of this board) is next week, against Dallas. This game is either gonna be really close or a real rout. If Romo plays a good game then he'll have our secondary on their heels. This team has shown that they're just another football team.

Dallas has been playing better this season. They have #2 run game, next to the Seahawks. Plus, they have a really good TE and a better QB than the Redskins do. It's a much scarier offense than the one the Seahawks just played plus a short week.

marko358

Reaction score
hawkfan68":geyax5nl said:
dumbrabbit":geyax5nl said:

Dallas has been playing better this season. They have #2 run game, next to the Seahawks. Plus, they have a really good TE and a better QB than the Redskins do. It's a much scarier offense than the one the Seahawks just played plus a short week.

They have the #2 rush offense but we have the #1 rush defense. Romo playing in a loud, hostile environment should yield more than one costly mistake.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fanbase has become very spoiled. Every damn time they don't win a game by 30 points, people complain, AFTER A WIN. :roll:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
3 months till January, at which time, all that will matter and all anyone will remember or care about from the game is that it was a road W.

Everything else is like scrambling to accrue a currency which has no value.

Last year everyone freaked out because our offense wasn't doing much towards the end of the year. I guess it's a good thing we decided to keep playing the games.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1lmoloh6 said:
The penalties bugged me in this game. Besides that I felt we were in total control of this game.
After every score, I found myself saying 'no flags please.' Even some of the pre-snap penalties were petty, but the OL can definitly clean most of that up.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The happiness of winning at FedEx field in reg. season trumps most if the negatives for me. It's just another statement by this team that drives out old demons and says 'we are not the same ol' Seahawks.' We used to lose in RFK(FedEx) regardless of how terrble some of those Redskin teams were. Patrick Ramsy anyone?!

soje

Reaction score
Everybody seems to remember last season as a magical one, and for good reason. We went, we saw and we conquered, bringing the trophy home.

However, let's consider the four first games of last season:

1) 12-7 @ Carolina
2) 29-3 vs SF, but the game was close until the 4th quarter
3) 45-17 vs Jacksonville
4) 23-20 @ Houston

Very much like last season, we're not firing on all cylinders at this point.